Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some other boards were shut down long before any mention of MG.. not sure if people were upset about the gay angle or the elder Rackover angle.

I do believe people want to remember Joey in the best light and some comments there could have been seen as offensive / crude (and not fact based) ?

My opinion only.

Agreed. Even people on the internet, sometimes, have a Conscience and know when enough is enough.

Also, I was shocked to learn from prior cases, that LE will request for certain material to either be removed or hidden from local boards/blogs/FB in a specific area as to not affect future investigations and/or indictments.

Well, I have a conscious and most people I associate and know well do too thankfully. And yes, some people do not apparently know when too stop. Why would people be upset with the gay angle? Are you saying there is something wrong with gay people that should make people upset with a gays? Homophobia? The gay angle does not bother me, but they have yet to prove that this was a motive imho.

They are all equally charged until this is sorted out I think that's fair
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/nyregion/joseph-comunale-max-gemma-arrest.htm
*snip* NY Times-All three were indicted on Friday on charges of hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence.

^^RBBM

No, that is a false statement. They are Not all equally charged. Continue reading the article to its conclusion:

<snip> The indictment also charges Mr. Rackover, 25, and Mr. Dilione, 28, of Jersey City, with two counts of concealment of a human corpse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/nyregion/joseph-comunale-max-gemma-arrest.html?_r=0

Some other boards were shut down long before any mention of MG.. not sure if people were upset about the gay angle or the elder Rackover angle.

I do believe people want to remember Joey in the best light and some comments there could have been seen as offensive / crude (and not fact based) ?

My opinion only.

Well, I have a conscious and most people I associate and know well do too thankfully. And yes, some people do not apparently know when too stop. Why would people be upset with the gay angle? Are you saying there is something wrong with gay people that should make people upset with a gays? Homophobia? The gay angle does not bother me, but they have yet to prove that this was a motive imho.

I am saying that no parent should have to read posts stating what horny strangers would like to do to their child who was stabbed, mutilated, burned and buried! No matter what their sexual orientation is. This is basic respect for life and the dead.

I am saying that no parent should have to read posts stating what horny strangers would like to do to their child who was stabbed, mutilated, burned and buried! No matter what their sexual orientation is. This is basic respect for life and the dead.

Agreed. I don't think anyone should say something on a forum that they would not say to the victims face. Somehow the anonymity brings out the worst in people. That's the reason I love Websleuths. Thankfully, it's victim friendly.

This thread is dedicated to the case of Joseph Comunale. Stop derailing the thread with off-topic posts, bickering and snark.

For those who have questions about Websleuths policy on Freedom of Speech, please refer to The Rules, and specifically the section titled Etiquette & Information:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

While we believe very much in the freedom of speech & expression, you DO NOT have an absolute right to say whatever you want in this community. WS is based in the United States, but is not an agency of the Federal or any State government - so the 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution and similar State amendments regarding your right to free speech DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Anything that goes against our core beliefs and the purpose for which this community was designed may not be allowed.

Posts and comments intended to incite conflict between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited.

WS Administration has the absolute right to edit, modify, and delete any content found posted on this website

Further bickering could result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

Please get back on topic

@Salsa I"m seeing what you are about James. Gemma has been hidden for 3 of the last 5 weeks. Sometimes people get paid to argue on forums to make your totally black and white points invalid.
Look at it this way.. One guy confessed and Gemma is in custody so things are better for James than they were.

I just want the one who did it to pay for it. I just wonder if anyone will stick up for him if he's railroaded. I hope that doesn't happen to him

If anyone is typing on a phone and having trouble with editing, I've been texting myself my quote and saving it and pasting it in here. Nice big letters and its sooo much easier.

I don't know if its my keyboard or what, but when I try to backspace the letters jumble or creates its own words.. maddening.. I wish I discovered this sooner.

Snip

Joseph Colarusso, a Stamford criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor, said it&#8217;s hard to assess the impact of Pappa&#8217;s accusations without knowing what discussions took place between Dilione and NYPD investigators.

&#8220;If Dilione had invoked his right to counsel and in fact had called an attorney who then, in turn, called NYPD and informed them not to question the suspect, the prosecution has a real difficult time with having his statements entered into evidence,&#8221; Colarusso said.

If Dilione later waved his right to counsel, suppressing his statements becomes &#8220;much more difficult,&#8221; Colarusso said.

Colarusso said prosecutors are &#8220;smart&#8221; for building a stronger case before charging someone with murder.

&#8220;The District Attorney&#8217;s Office is actually being very thorough in going forward and not rushing into a murder charge,&#8221; he said.

http://www.thehour.com/policereports/article/Report-Police-may-have-botched-evidence-in-10810695.php

Colarusso said prosecutors are &#8220;smart&#8221; for building a stronger case before charging someone with murder.

&#8220;The District Attorney&#8217;s Office is actually being very thorough in going forward and not rushing into a murder charge,&#8221; he said

The problem is that they already charged them for murder and this OOPS is not good. It caused Sensationalism, Rumors, and Bias going forward.

2 Men Charged With Murder After Buried Body Is Found in New Jersey

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/n...-buried-body-is-found-in-new-jersey.html?_r=0

IMO
It is so rare for Murder charges to be lessened unless the case is dismissed or there are lesser charged guilty pleas accepted in exchange for whatever is needed or wanted by the state.

It is also of my opinion that if the characters and victims were not from influential families and were low income coke binging (cops stated this) or meth binging murder suspects people would be less caring of all involved. I read a case of a young guy and girl on a drug binge killing a guy recently in NY and it seemed the media or no one cared as in they were low income druggies and was looked at you do lots of drug then what do you expect. It also seemed no one cared much for the victim involved and it is sad the difference people make of whose life matters more because of influence and money.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nyda...ay-not-murder-article-1.2896578?client=safari

Snip

Prosecutors could put a murder case against any of the suspects in front of a grand jury at a later date.

"One or both of these people committed a murder," Assistant District Attorney Antoinette Carter said in court last month, referring to Rackover and Dilione.

-if this has been posted already I apologize in advance-

The problem is they already charged the suspects with murder, lessened the charges, and this is rare, unless a deal is made, guilty plea to lesser charges or the case dismissed for lack of evidence. This is why bungled the investigation is now the theme.

The problem is they already charged the suspects with murder, lessened the charges, and this is rare, unless a deal is made, guilty plea to lesser charges or the case dismissed for lack of evidence. This is why bungled the investigation is now the theme.

If I recall correctly it was initially reported in the media that JR and LD were charged with murder but that was incorrect. They were actually never charged with murder. Here is a more recent (not much) article.

"James Rackover, 25, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, were arrested last week and arraigned on charges of concealing a corpse, tampering with evidence, and hindering prosecution.

But neither one has been charged with killing Joseph Comunale".

http://abc7ny.com/news/2-charged-in...er-of-ct-man-waive-court-appearances/1617707/

From my understanding they have not been CHARGED with murder. LE made the ARREST on second degree murder charges BUT prosecutors did not bring that charge against them in the criminal complaint.

Which, correct me if I'm wrong, would mean they have YET to be charged. This bringing me to my previous post that they (prosecutors) can at any time charge any of the involved with murder charges.

@Salsa I"m seeing what you are about James. Gemma has been hidden for 3 of the last 5 weeks. Sometimes people get paid to argue on forums to make your totally black and white points invalid.
Look at it this way.. One guy confessed and Gemma is in custody so things are better for James than they were.

I just want the one who did it to pay for it. I just wonder if anyone will stick up for him if he's railroaded. I hope that doesn't happen to him

If anyone is typing on a phone and having trouble with editing, I've been texting myself my quote and saving it and pasting it in here. Nice big letters and its sooo much easier.

I don't know if its my keyboard or what, but when I try to backspace the letters jumble or creates its own words.. maddening.. I wish I discovered this sooner.

I completely agree and it is IMO that this case was treated as some sensationalized National Esquire story by authorities who should have been more professional and this unprofessional behavior lead to great bias and prejudice against certain suspects. Leaks of coke binging, statements of facts that were not factual, and so much more misleading info that leaves a stigmata that is hard to erase.

From my understanding they have not been CHARGED with murder. LE made the ARREST on second degree murder charges BUT prosecutors did not bring that charge against them in the criminal complaint.

Which, correct me if I'm wrong, would mean they have YET to be charged. This bringing me to my previous post that they (prosecutors) can at any time charge any of the involved with murder charges.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/n...-buried-body-is-found-in-new-jersey.html?_r=0

The men, James Rackover, 25, of Manhattan, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, of Jersey City, were charged with second-degree murder, concealment of a human corpse and tampering with physical evidence in the fatal stabbing of Joseph Comunale, 26, of Stamford, Conn. Mr. Dilione was also charged with hindering prosecution. They were awaiting arraignment on Thursday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

The men, James Rackover, 25, of Manhattan, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, of Jersey City, were charged with second-degree murder, concealment of a human corpse and tampering with physical evidence in the fatal stabbing of Joseph Comunale, 26, of Stamford, Conn. Mr. Dilione was also charged with hindering prosecution. They were awaiting arraignment on Thursday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

You can post MSM articles dating back to last month regarding the arrest but it's still not the criminal complaint.

Prosecutors did not include the charges and seems to be that they are awaiting more evidence, testimony, whatever need be to have a solid murder charge filed against both or one of them.

You can post MSM articles dating back to last month regarding the arrest but it's still not the criminal complaint.

Prosecutors did not include the charges and seems to be that they are awaiting more evidence, testimony, whatever need be to have a solid murder charge filed against both or one of them.

I do not remember and have not read of any of the previous reports of charged with murder being redacted by the media to prevent lawsuit which can be great in high profile case with misleading the public and stating false facts stirring bias. IMO they were initially charged, but was changed from within and never addressed publicly. It is imo a good lawyer would have the papers redact the false information if they were not in fact charged with murder.

Yes, and this and many, many other links stating Arrested for additional charge of 2nd degree murder, but neither was Arraigned for murder:

<snip> James Rackover, 25, of Manhattan, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, of New Jersey, were arraigned in court Thursday on charges of concealment of a human corpse, tampering with physical evidence and hindering prosecution in the first degree. Rackover was also arraigned on the additional charge of aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, according to the New York City Police Department.

<snip> Police had initially stated that the two men would be charged with second-degree murder. It is not uncommon for charges to change at the time of arraignment. Prosecutors, however, said in court Thursday that one or both of the men committed a murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/men-charged-murder-stabbing-death-joseph-comunale/story?id=43604105

Wow, I always thought they were initially charged with murder by the headlines and articles that stated they were. I even added and subtract those charges with the bond decreases and lesser charges. It shows that you have to take even the reputable news sources with a grain of salt. I never read an update to the initial false stories or redacted with an apology at the source. It is good to know and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998