Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the heck does he find the numbers of those random people from NJ?! Unless Joeys friends from CT got the numbers that night, but that is not what the article makes it sound like. Someone knew somebody from beforehand, and we just do not know? I think there is some connection we do not know about between these unnamed friends. IMOO

I think, when Joey 'met' the girls/LD in the nightclub, he would have been introduced to them by mutual friends of some sort. That's the way most people link up, it's pretty unusual to hang out with a completely random group of strangers you bumped into at the bar (unless it's a hook up, maybe. Even then, most people are leery of complete unknowns)

Edited: or reading Mom's post, he 'met' them as in ran into people he hadn't seen in a while.

To shed answers on some questions:
Joey's dad did an interview with Chris Hansen on Crime Watch (preview can be found on Google or Youtube) and in it he says that on Sunday, he called Joey's friends who he went into the city with and they contacted the club promoters who went back and looked at pictures from the night before and one of the promoters recognized a girl that left with Joey that night. The promoter had her number & gave it to police and/or Joey's friends & they then contacted her. According to the latest Stamdford Advocate article, the girl confirmed she was with Joey but didn't know the address of apartment building. She probably remembered James & Larry and their names might have rang a bell to the detective and/or Joey's father or friends.
IMO- this was drug fueled from the beginning, from the moment Joey met the girls and Larry. You don't stab someone 15 times in the chest over cigarettes. I think Joey gave his cell phone to his friend because his dad was surveilling him because of a past history of drugs and he was obviously trying to hide his whereabouts. They were probably coked out of their minds & got into an argument over cigarettes that escalated & was fueled by an extreme amount of drug abuse from earlier that night/morning.
What's strange is Max Gemma's timeline. He said he woke up & left the apartment at 8am (remember, his clothes were found with blood in the laundry or trash chute). If Joey & Larry were seen on camera around 7am re-entering the building, this gives a hour one timeline of the fight/killing. I think Joey was dead in that apartment for a long time, many hours, until they got rid of his body. The Stamford article says the detective called around 8/9 Sunday night and 20 minutes later someone from that apartment called for a luggage cart. I think Max was there when the killing occured because I doubt Joey was there all day or morning, drinking & doing drugs after Max left. I think the killing occured while Max was there, hence why there was Joey's blood on his clothes.
It doesn't make sense he was sleeping & not a part of the murder because the sheets were used to clean up the bloody mess (so he wasn't sleeping on the bed) and the blood was most present in the kitchen as stated in numerous newspaper reports and the kitchen is an open-concept with the living room so if he Max was sleeping as he states, he would have woken up from the fight because the apartment is not very big (based on pictures of the Sutton 1 bedroom apartments). You can find these on google.
IMO- Max saw the whole incident, he was afraid for his life and helped clean up so he doesn't get killed. As soon as he helped clean up he left. The 8am timeline of him leaving as he said, will only be verified through cameras so we have to wait & see if that is accurate! If it is accurate, they kept his body in the apartment for about 12 hours, probably debating what to do with it. They had all the time in the world to come up with a story, yet they probably kept doing drugs and they got afraid & sloppy when the detective called.

To shed answers on some questions:
Joey's dad did an interview with Chris Hansen on Crime Watch (preview can be found on Google or Youtube) and in it he says that on Sunday, he called Joey's friends who he went into the city with and they contacted the club promoters who went back and looked at pictures from the night before and one of the promoters recognized a girl that left with Joey that night. The promoter had her number & gave it to police and/or Joey's friends & they then contacted her. According to the latest Stamdford Advocate article, the girl confirmed she was with Joey but didn't know the address of apartment building. She probably remembered James & Larry and their names might have rang a bell to the detective and/or Joey's father or friends.

Thank you for this info, it helps answer some things but raises a few serious questions:

- For the parents with adult children: What type of behavior by an adult child would cause you to freak out big time when your kid's location is unknown for 12-16 hours?

- In college I bartended in Georgetown at popular bars/clubs. It's quite surprising to read Comunale's dad's reaction and more surprising to read that the club promoter is said to have bent over backwards to help so quickly and provide so much material (photos) to the father.

"-For the parents with adult children: What type of behavior by an adult child would cause you to freak out big time when your kid's location is unknown for 12-16 hours?"

Although not my personal experience, you can bet parents of a adult child who's recently come out of a drug treatment program, potentially costing many thousands of dollars, upon the intentional disappearance of their child would become frantic. Its usually a long highway of tragedy and tears to get to the point of an addict admitting they have a problem. Always a danger of drugs and relapse is overdose. Most parents never lose that instinctive parental protectiveness, so yeah I can see it.

surprising to read that the club promoter is said to have bent over backwards to help so quickly and provide so much material (photos) to the father.

I think this must have been where the police officer did his 'digging', people tend to be very cooperative and helpful when it's the police who call.

The last article referenced states "Jeffrey Rackover" which was incorrect. I think the whole article is questionable as far as the dates and someone should not be working in that field.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/pol...d-cop-honored-for-role-in-murder-11006384.php

And by relentlessly working the phones that night, McGowan — a former New York City cop — reached Jeffrey Rackover, Lawrence Dilione and Max Gemma, who have since been charged in connection with Comunale’s death, Hohn said.

The last article referenced states "Jeffrey Rackover" which was incorrect. I think the whole article is questionable as far as the dates and someone should not be working in that field.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/pol...d-cop-honored-for-role-in-murder-11006384.php

And by relentlessly working the phones that night, McGowan — a former New York City cop — reached Jeffrey Rackover, Lawrence Dilione and Max Gemma, who have since been charged in connection with Comunale’s death, Hohn said.
I agree that the article includes several potential inaccuracies.

Might you be so kind as to expand on your comment "someone should not be working in that field"?

thank you!

Isn't there supposed to be a hearing today??

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member