125 lbs. (per family)

Sandy blonde hair
(Medium to shoulder-length)
Green eyes

Extra tooth on bottom front row facing
back toward tongue

Right-handed

Hi MadamX!
I just sent a post to Penny’s Dad above - I included all my information for all the accounts I’m running to help try and find out what happened to my cousin Judy.
Her sister Anne is not currently on this missing person’s case at the moment - I took it over from her because I wanted to help, and I think it was becoming difficult to maintain for a long period of time.
Plus, I’m an investigator in New York City coincidentally (not Law Enforcement), so I have a lot of experience in investigations.

Is there some way you can post on this thread that I am the current point of contact for Judith Anne Brown’s case?

Actually - interestingly enough, I was able to get some very wonderful people to feature Judith’s case on their podcast ‘The Vanished’.

The episode should be released to the public some time in the early morning hours tomorrow- usually some time between 12:00am and 3:00am. The whole episode is about Judith, and me and another family member of mine are interviewed regarding this case.

I will post a link to the episode here once it is available on Apple Podcasts, if people are patreon members they already have access to this episode (just FYI).

Thank you so much for keeping Judy’s case alive on these forums. I plan on updating anybody on this thread about case details and anybody can feel free to ask me questions or contact me with any information.

My family and I want to find out what happened to Judith, once and for all. Her mother is still alive and I’d love to give my Great Aunt some closure.

Thanks for everything!
- Julian

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Judith's disappearance.
EPISODE 342: Judith Brown — The Vanished Podcast

19-year-old Judith Brown disappeared from New York City in April of 1977. Judith lived on her own, so her family wasn’t immediately aware that she was missing. Judith’s family learned she was missing when the FBI came knocking at their door. They were shocked to learn that Judith had disappeared along with someone else, a murderer who had escaped from a local mental health facility. More than 45 years later, both of them remain missing. For many years, Judith’s family kept quiet about this. It was too upsetting to reopen those wounds. As the years wore on, a younger generation of Judith’s family took an interest in finding answers. Today, they are left to sift through the remaining clues passed down through family members and old documents.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Judith Brown, please contact the NYPD Missing Persons Squad at 212-694-7781.

You can follow this case on social media at Judith Anne Brown Missing - “Vanished With a Killer.”

Special thanks to Erika from The Apex & The Abyss, and Melissa from Just the Tip-sters for voicing letters in this episode.

@Julian_Q - listening to the podcast now. So nice of you trying to find your cousin.

I think it's a sensible deduction that Richard took off because of the threat being locked up.

But what I don't reconcile is if he was worried about being identified then why insist on Judith going with you. Would be easier to just go off alone without the extra attention or hassle of a partner. Easier to disappear, easier all the way around.

The fact they didn't find any bodies gives me hope in this case more than others.

For anybody on this thread:

Hi MadamX!
I just sent a post to Penny’s Dad above - I included all my information for all the accounts I’m running to help try and find out what happened to my cousin Judy.
Her sister Anne is not currently on this missing person’s case at the moment - I took it over from her because I wanted to help, and I think it was becoming difficult to maintain for a long period of time.
Plus, I’m an investigator in New York City coincidentally (not Law Enforcement), so I have a lot of experience in investigations.

Is there some way you can post on this thread that I am the current point of contact for Judith Anne Brown’s case?

Actually - interestingly enough, I was able to get some very wonderful people to feature Judith’s case on their podcast ‘The Vanished’.

The episode should be released to the public some time in the early morning hours tomorrow- usually some time between 12:00am and 3:00am. The whole episode is about Judith, and me and another family member of mine are interviewed regarding this case.

I will post a link to the episode here once it is available on Apple Podcasts, if people are patreon members they already have access to this episode (just FYI).

Thank you so much for keeping Judy’s case alive on these forums. I plan on updating anybody on this thread about case details and anybody can feel free to ask me questions or contact me with any information.

My family and I want to find out what happened to Judith, once and for all. Her mother is still alive and I’d love to give my Great Aunt some closure.

Thanks for everything!
- Julian
You're doing a great job Julian! Keep it up!

The Vanished Podcast just released an episode about Judith's disappearance.
EPISODE 342: Judith Brown — The Vanished Podcast

19-year-old Judith Brown disappeared from New York City in April of 1977. Judith lived on her own, so her family wasn’t immediately aware that she was missing. Judith’s family learned she was missing when the FBI came knocking at their door. They were shocked to learn that Judith had disappeared along with someone else, a murderer who had escaped from a local mental health facility. More than 45 years later, both of them remain missing. For many years, Judith’s family kept quiet about this. It was too upsetting to reopen those wounds. As the years wore on, a younger generation of Judith’s family took an interest in finding answers. Today, they are left to sift through the remaining clues passed down through family members and old documents.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Judith Brown, please contact the NYPD Missing Persons Squad at 212-694-7781.

You can follow this case on social media at Judith Anne Brown Missing - “Vanished With a Killer.”

Special thanks to Erika from The Apex & The Abyss, and Melissa from Just the Tip-sters for voicing letters in this episode.

@Julian_Q - listening to the podcast now. So nice of you trying to find your cousin.
Thank you! I’m trying to cover all my bases but I need other people’s assistance so I can gather as much evidence as I can for this case so I can petition to have Law Enforcement actively work on this case.

I hope the podcast was informative and helpful! Feel free to share it wherever you like and give people my contact information.

Thank you! I’m trying to cover all my bases but I need other people’s assistance so I can gather as much evidence as I can for this case so I can petition to have Law Enforcement actively work on this case.

I hope the podcast was informative and helpful! Feel free to share it wherever you like and give people my contact information.
Hello Julian you are really doing amazing and have uncovered so much! i just heard the podcast Wow!
Sorry I am not on websleuths as often as I used to be. I have had an interest in Judith’s case since I first read about it years ago. I am from Queens also, so I gravitate towards these cases. I feel a connection to them.
I do have some questions. Maybe you or someone can answer. Does anyone know if Richard had a car? Does anyone know a height and approx weight on Richard?
I would love to help find her I really would.

I

I posted this a while ago on Tammy Alexander’s thread. So Iam cross posting it here. The last man that Tammy Alexander was seen with has a resemblance to Richard. Now listening to the podcast and knowing that he was suspected of others makes me wonder even more.

Attachments

• CC3324B1-7FAE-4925-8A13-549DA60902A0.jpeg
    CC3324B1-7FAE-4925-8A13-549DA60902A0.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 81E81BBF-54C5-4E6F-A5BA-6B7F57905A10.jpeg
    81E81BBF-54C5-4E6F-A5BA-6B7F57905A10.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 0F33CFBC-2FA5-45FA-AF7E-742ED22C0114.jpeg
    0F33CFBC-2FA5-45FA-AF7E-742ED22C0114.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello Julian you are really doing amazing and have uncovered so much! i just heard the podcast Wow!
Sorry I am not on websleuths as often as I used to be. I have had an interest in Judith’s case since I first read about it years ago. I am from Queens also, so I gravitate towards these cases. I feel a connection to them.
I do have some questions. Maybe you or someone can answer. Does anyone know if Richard had a car? Does anyone know a height and approx weight on Richard?

I
I don't think Julian is active very often either but I just texted him and told him to get his butt on here lol. I have no doubt that he'll be excited that someone local has taken an interest.

Last edited:
I posted this a while ago on Tammy Alexander’s thread. So Iam cross posting it here. The last man that Tammy Alexander was seen with has a resemblance to Richard. Now listening to the podcast and knowing that he was suspected of others makes me wonder even more.

I
Are you still in queens MadamX? I’m currently in Queens and am still working on this case as much as I can. I’ve learned a lot more since the podcast, but not a lot of things that will lead me to answers yet, unfortunately.

Richard did not have a car at the time of his disappearance, but his family lived approximately a 15-20 drive from Creedmoor. I know the FBI investigated in an attempt to find him, but I have not yet been able to look at their files to determine what they learned at the time.

I would hope they looked into this possibility, if Richard’s family had any missing cars at the time he disappeared with Judy. It would have been fairly simple for them to account for all of his family’s known vehicles, but looking that far back in the records now is probably not possible.
So I’m trying to obtain whatever records exist of the investigation they did at the time.

But for note my gut tells me that he didn’t have a car. I can’t even verify that he knew how to drive! If he didn’t, then that might eliminate that theory.

Approx height and Weight? At the moment I believe Richard was 5’10-6’ tall, and probably weighed around 155-165 lbs. I can’t fully verify that either, but I know someone who knew him at the time that I could ask if he remembers.

Thank you for your long time interest in finding answers for Judy. Send me a private message on here or Facebook and I can discuss some more things about her case with you.

The Missing Persons Podcast just released an episode about Judith's Disappearance

In 1977, 19 year-old Judith Anne Brown, who went by Judy was trying to improve her mental health situation. college student, and lifelong New York resident, Judy stayed behind when most of her family moved out of state to Kansas. It was after her family moved away, that Judy, who had suffered with OCD and depression, began to struggle with her mental health. Wanting to get help, she voluntarily checked herself into Creedmoor Hospital hoping to improve her situation. It was there that Judy crossed paths with another patient named Richard Riesenberg and began dating him. He was committed for the brutal 1971 murders of his wife and young son. Despite the murders he committed, he was able to come and go from the facility. Judy was transferred to another hospital and eventually discharged. In April,1977, Richard Riesenberg found out he was going to be transferred to another facility where he would no longer be free to come and go. Before that could happen, he walked away from Creedmoor hospital, and vanished. It was soon discovered that Judy was missing too. Although Judy spoke to family shortly after she went missing, she was never seen again. The focus by authorities seemed to be on taking Richard back into custody. Despite the fact that Judy was very likely with him, her name wasn't mentioned in news articles about his escape. Years after they vanished, Richard Riesenberg was reported to have called his attorney to talk about turning himself into the authorities, but he never did, and was never heard from again. At the time of that phone call, he claimed he was in California, but did not mention Judy.

If she's alive, Judy would now be in her mid 60s. When she was last seen, Judy was described as bing 5ft2-5ft4, with Green eyes, and Sandy colored hair. Richard Riesenberg would be in his 80s if alive today, and at the time he went missing, had dark hair and wore glasses.

If you have information about the whereabouts of Judith Anne Brown, or Richard Riesenberg, please call the NYC Missing Persons squad at (212) 694-7781.

From link, thank you..​

Judith Anne Brown​

• brown_judith.jpg
  • brown_judith2.jpg
  • brown_judith3.jpg
  • brown_judith_reisenberg.jpg
Brown, circa 1977; Richard Reisenberg
  • Missing Since04/06/1977
  • Missing FromQueens, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth11/14/1957 (65)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2 - 5'6, 110 - 130 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsBrown suffers from mental illness. At the time of her disappearance and had recently been discharged from an inpatient psychiatric program. She was supposed to take mulitple medications, one of which was Valium.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Sandy brown hair, green eyes. Brown's second toe is longer than her first toe on both feet. Her shoe size is 7 or 8. Her nickname is Judy.

Details of Disappearance​

Brown went missing on April 6, 1977 in the company of Richard E. Reisenberg, who was a patient at Creedmore Psychiatic Center in the New York City borough of Queens.
Brown had been admitted to Creedmoor as a voluntary patient in August 1976, after she had a mental breakdown. She was only in the facility about a day or so before she transferred to Hillside Medical Center, but while at Creedmoor she met Reisenberg while on a trip to Creedmoor. They began dating each other while inpatient at their respective hospitals. In January, just as Brown was transitioning to an outpatient program at Hillside, Reisenberg proposed and Brown agreed to marry him.
A photo of Reisenberg is posted with this case summary. He started developing behavior problems as a child. Twice before his fifteenth birthday he tried to take his own life, and as an adolescent he was diagnosed with "schizoid personality with a possible onset of schizophrenic disorder."
In 1971, he killed his wife and their 17-month-old son, stabbing her sixty times and strangling the baby to death. At the time of the killings, the couple had been having marital difficulties: Reisenberg's wife suffered from cataracts, their son was disabled, and Reisenberg himself had multiple extramarital affairs and felt frustrated and inadequate in his career. He was found not guilty of the murders by reason of insanity in 1973.
After his arrival at Creedmore, Reisenberg made multiple applications for early release and started leaving the hospital grounds on unauthorized day trips in the surrounding community. A ward supervisor found out and wrote a recommendation that Reisenberg be transferred to a maximum security hospital. Before this could be done, Reisenberg walked away from Creedmore and vanished with Brown.
About a month after Brown disappeared, she called her sister to say she was okay, and from their short conversation Brown's sister thought she was with Reisenberg because she wanted to be. At some point Reisenberg contacted his family to say he was starting a new life.
He and Brown have never been located. Due to Reisenberg's history of violent behavior, Brown is considered to be in danger from him. Her case remains unsolved.

Last updated October 5, 2023; casefile added.''​

@John/Jane Doe and @dotr , I want to thank you for the updates to the thread. I'm especially happy to finally see an ACTUAL picture of Richard Reisenberg!! Is there any way someone could do a nice enlargement and post it on this thread. I would, but am not good at that sort of thing. I think it would help the case immensely! JMO MOO

I got this image of RIchard from a news paper article that is on this site. I have to look through my phone. I have another photo of him from last year and a match that looks kind of like him. But the thing is we don’t have a height or weight on richard… nor does he have a missing persons report.

Her nephew has done an incredible job putting Judith and her story out there more.

Attachments

• 8B9C1752-EF5D-49ED-941A-88FD3AA26A33.jpeg
    8B9C1752-EF5D-49ED-941A-88FD3AA26A33.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Date of Discovery: August 11, 1983
Location of Discovery: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
Estimated Date of Death: About 6 months prior to recovery
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Foul play

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 21-46 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'5" to 6'0"
Weight: 170-180 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark brown, some grey, and dyed red hairs interspersed
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Remnants of size 31 blue denim jeans with a button inscribed with "Corniche Jeans," size 31 brown belt, remnants of a light blue elastic waistband from either boxer shorts or swimming trunks.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

On August 11, 1983, this male was recovered from Lake Erie off the shore of Holiday Beach, Malden Township. His weight at autopsy was estimated to be between 170-180 lbs., however, due to the incompleteness of the remains, the weight range suggested is an underestimate

795UMON - Unidentified Male​

795UMON.jpg
795UMON1.jpg

Attachments

• 7414F779-3D75-4B4F-A19E-5CAD8984C5DA.jpeg
    7414F779-3D75-4B4F-A19E-5CAD8984C5DA.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DE090AD5-F2A3-4264-BC53-9F80AA0CB233.jpeg
    DE090AD5-F2A3-4264-BC53-9F80AA0CB233.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
Trunk lady found in Maryland in 1982, estimated death around 1978 give or take a year, may be Judy? All descriptions and timelines fit. No DNA has been done on trunk lady. There is even a crowded tooth on the bottom front row that points towards the tongue. I called NYPD and Namus.

Attachments

• trunk lady 2.JPG
    trunk lady 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
  • trunk lady.JPG
    trunk lady.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 6
  • jab2.JPG
    jab2.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Members online