NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain why the suspected an EMS worker from what the heard on the scanner? I couldn't figure it out. Please?

New article: "Boyce said he walked the park area, part of a federal wetlands zone, several times and determined an assailant could have gone west along the Belt Parkway to Fountain Avenue or Erskine Street.

“So that is where part of our investigation is right now, into that area . . . you would have to walk, you couldn’t drive a car, you could ride a bicycle, there is a parallel bicycle path that runs along the Belt Parkway at that point,” Boyce said.
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

Can anyone explain why the suspected an EMS worker from what the heard on the scanner? I couldn't figure it out. Please?

New article: "Boyce said he walked the park area, part of a federal wetlands zone, several times and determined an assailant could have gone west along the Belt Parkway to Fountain Avenue or Erskine Street.

“So that is where part of our investigation is right now, into that area . . . you would have to walk, you couldn’t drive a car, you could ride a bicycle, there is a parallel bicycle path that runs along the Belt Parkway at that point,” Boyce said.
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-karina-vetrano-increases-cops-say-1.12189720

can you tell me where you see that they suspected an EMS worker? I read the article at the link but I don't see that anywhere, unless I am missing something. thanks :)

can you tell me where you see that they suspected an EMS worker? I read the article at the link but I don't see that anywhere, unless I am missing something. thanks :)
I'd like to know a little more about the EMS worker too. I know we cannot discuss on here names etc or imply. But there was something weird said by an EMS worker in comments on a post on facebook

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If the mall area is close, could he have parked at the mall and gotten into the trails and out of them from behind the mall?

If the mall area is close, could he have parked at the mall and gotten into the trails and out of them from behind the mall?
Yes he could or parked in the mall (or rode a bike as well) and exit out the side of the park by the belt parkway onto the bike path and walk on the bike path back over the overpass of the Belt Pkwy and into the mall lot. Here's a few pictures I've posted in the beginning just to refresh everyones memory.
Also the bike path is very quiet. This is why when I did bike (hurt my knee) I enjoyed biking there (won't do it again after KVs murder) because not many people used the path, so he could of walked out with injuries and no one would notice. That's why I'm really hoping LE checked mall security cameras that night they found KV.

95fc5656062067e4795d7caf4f377362.jpg
74f8491b27d582edeb01398c6f98141c.jpg

Yes he could or parked in the mall (or rode a bike as well) and exit out the side of the park by the belt parkway onto the bike path and walk on the bike path back over the overpass of the Belt Pkwy and into the mall lot. Here's a few pictures I've posted in the beginning just to refresh everyones memory.
Also the bike path is very quiet. This is why when I did bike (hurt my knee) I enjoyed biking there (won't do it again after KVs murder) because not many people used the path, so he could of walked out with injuries and no one would notice. That's why I'm really hoping LE checked mall security cameras that night they found KV.

95fc5656062067e4795d7caf4f377362.jpg
74f8491b27d582edeb01398c6f98141c.jpg

I'm thinking he probably wouldn't have a bike AND a car right?

Probably one or the other?

If he did park at the mall, I can't imagine him taking a bike out to ride down the trail, then come up the trail put it back in the car and drive off? I mean I guess it's possible....but it seems like it would be more likely he either drove and parked at the mall, or had a bike.....your thoughts?

If he did park at the mall, I can't imagine him taking a bike out to ride down the trail, then come up the trail put it back in the car and drive off? I mean I guess it's possible....but it seems like it would be more likely he either drove and parked at the mall, or had a bike.....your thoughts?
This is correct. It would be odd for them to drive then bike. Parking in the mall lot, then walking over makes more sense. Although it is a bit of a walk to chance coming back to the car and being noticed. But he could of been running from the park to the car and may have passed someone and it wouldn't be odd because people do run and jog on the bike path.

I don't know what was in his mind, of course, but I doubt anyone would drive to that mall and then walk into that park.

I think the perp was in the park either on foot or on a bike. He didn't go into the Weeds intentionally to rape, imo, but took the opportunity when Karina came along. I do think it's entirely possible he (they) was (were) walking/biking through the park to/from the mall.

IMO, he could have been walking/biking from the mall, after spending the afternoon at the mall hanging out. TOTAL speculation, not based on anything but a hunch.

If the perp did have a car, I think he would've been on the other side of the park, near where she entered. But, I don't think he had a car.

Myopiniononly.

Also to make it clearer- there is actually a nice part of Spring Creek Park by the mall. Where there are benches and it is taken care of. You would have to be a local to know that Spring Creek Park extends onto the other side of the Belt parkway.

I've also seen day laborers by Home Depot in the mall looking for work. It very well could be one who walked through the park to get to the mall to find work, in this case he could of been going back in the direction to the mall to get on the bus to go home after working.

My idea is that it is someone who watched from the privacy of their home her jog regularly. Saw she was alone this time.....and made their move........

Here's a quick map I boxed in the area LE is focusing on now. To the left is the mall you can see all the cars in the lot, circled are the other parts of Spring Creek Park that have benches. I'm trying to find a photo to show you all.
50ed4b0f7cb81077bfd23c9d5cba7ace.jpg

My idea is that it is someone who watched from the privacy of their home her jog regularly. Saw she was alone this time.....and made their move........

It's certainly a possibility, but I don't go for it mainly because even if someone were watching her and noticed she was alone, there was no guarentee her father wasn't just lagging behind or meeting her somewhere on the route. WE know he didn't run at all that day, but someone in the moment who noticed their routine would have no idea that he wasn't going to be there at any moment.

I honestly don't think it was someone who was regularly watching her routine....but, of course, it could have been!

jmopinion

This is correct. It would be odd for them to drive then bike. Parking in the mall lot, then walking over makes more sense. Although it is a bit of a walk to chance coming back to the car and being noticed. But he could of been running from the park to the car and may have passed someone and it wouldn't be odd because people do run and jog on the bike path.

I know HB has been described as a dumping ground. Was this an area people would go to buy drugs or do drugs?

Could Karina have seen something she wasn't suppose to or just passed someone blitz out of their mind?

There was an American who was murdered in Istanbul (a New Yorker actually). But she had been following railroad tracks in an area I really have no idea why anyone would go to....but she was apparently trying to get some edgy/grungy Instagram photos.

Anyway it ended up being a homeless drug addict that murdered her....a train camera was actually able to capture him attacker her.

He came up behind her with a rock and beat her to death and stole her electronics and then hid her body in this tunnel like thing, right nearby.

But his only real reason for doing it was because he was a snuffer of paint fumes and was blitz out of his mind.

I know HB has been described as a dumping ground. Was this an area people would go to buy drugs or do drugs?

Could Karina have seen something she wasn't suppose to or just passed someone blitz out of their mind?

There was an American who was murdered in Istanbul (a New Yorker actually). But she had been following railroad tracks in an area I really have no idea why anyone would go to....but she was apparently trying to get some edgy/grungy Instagram photos.

Anyway it ended up being a homeless drug addict that murdered her....a train camera was actually able to capture him attacker her.

He came up behind her with a rock and beat her to death and stole her electronics and then hid her body in this tunnel like thing, right nearby.

But his only real reason for doing it was because he was a snuffer of paint fumes and was blitz out of his mind.
Yes, this park is known for drug use, drug dealers to sell, and transiets. That's why many locals say "you don't go into the park" Karina and her dad felt safe enough to do so I'm guessing.

Here's a quick map I boxed in the area LE is focusing on now. To the left is the mall you can see all the cars in the lot, circled are the other parts of Spring Creek Park that have benches. I'm trying to find a photo to show you all.
50ed4b0f7cb81077bfd23c9d5cba7ace.jpg

To the right of where the mall area is, is that housing? Is it projects?

Could the perp live in there? He would have known the area, not looked out of place, and may have been in there for other illegal reason?

To the right of where the mall area is, is that housing? Is it projects?

Could the perp live in there? He would have known the area, not looked out of place, and may have been in there for other illegal reason?
Ahh very good question. That is Brooklyn Development Center. A mental health service center on Fountain Ave. Which brings up a good point. I totally forgot that was there!!!!!!!

Ahh very good question. That is Brooklyn Development Center. A mental health service center on Fountain Ave. Which brings up a good point. I totally forgot that was there!!!!!!!

Let me rephrase this. I'm not saying this could be where the perp came from. This is a gated community with security. It is mostly for development disability children/adults. Most are in wheels chairs, some aren't. But this does bring up a good point that it is nearby, and easily accessible to the park.

Very interesting!

Is the area she was found in the grassy lands just below those buildings across (or under) Seaview Ave?

Let me rephrase this. I'm not saying this could be where the perp came from. This is a gated community with security. It is mostly for development disability children/adults. Most are in wheels chairs, some aren't. But this does bring up a good point that it is nearby, and easily accessible to the park.

But could it be en employee? Someone who could have been parked there?

What kind of mental health facility is it? More developmental delays or more behavioral and control issues?

Very interesting!

Is the area she was found in the grassy lands just below those buildings across (or under) Seaview Ave?
Was just doing a screenshot to show you how close lol. The circle is the approximate spot KV was found. The google location marker is Brooklyn DDOS.
9284916ae0baf46214a81c82f2a77583.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads