GUILTY NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, jogger found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #5 *First trial MISTRIAL*

NYC jogger Karina Vetrano murder case juror says he felt pressure to convict (with clip)

"Moments after Chanel Lewis was found guilty of murdering New York City jogger Karina Vetrano, one of the jurors who had just voted to convict Lewis said he felt pressured to deliver the verdict and had doubts about whether the man he'd just sent to prison was really Vetrano's killer....

One juror, described by the New York Post as a man in his 30s, voiced skepticism about the prosecution's case.

“He seems like such a good kid. Did he really do this?” the juror told the Post outside the courthouse Monday night following the guilty verdict.

He added: “I kept thinking, ‘How tall is Karina? How tall is Chanel?’ She looked pretty buff me to."

The juror said he felt pressure to convict Lewis, but he didn't go into detail about why he felt that way or who he felt was applying the pressure. Despite his doubts, the juror said he believes “justice was served.”...

Lewis is expected to be sentenced April 17."

NYC jogger Karina Vetrano murder case juror says he felt pressure to convict

Did you read the bottom editorial in Monday's news? It might bring to mind a few more doubts. I have been told the judge in the case is the most over-turned judge in NYC, if not NYS. Look at the timeline and you might come to the conclusion the jury didn't deliberate at all.

If what i read is true I think the judge will add to his dubious record of most reversals.

Read why they didn't replay the confession for the jury. Absent an explanation I say it is bullsh.t

Family and friends of convicted killer question his link to murdered NYC runner (with clip)
Despite a guilty verdict, Chanel Lewis' family 'prays' for another retrial.

Apr 10, 2019

"Family and supporters of the man convicted of killing of a female runner in New York City say they are still waiting for justice to be served....

"Chanel said Howard Beach is a peaceful place to go to. He went there to go to Subway and KFC. I love the pizza from there, he brings it home to me," Veta Lewis, Chanel’s mother, told "Nightline" in an exclusive interview.

Chanel Lewis is a first-generation American and the only son of Richard and Veta Lewis, who came to the U.S. from Jamaica in 1992.

"My son is respectable, considerate...he was raised to respect others," said Veta Lewis about her son, who is facing life without the possibility of parole....

Veta Lewis said her son's confession was coerced.

"People have to watch the video and see what the officers did and telling him what to say," she said. "He's not a monster as they as they want the world to know. He's a God-fearing, loving kind person."..."

Family and friends of convicted killer question his link to murdered NYC runner

Mom of man convicted in Karina Vetrano murder proclaims son's innocence (with clip)

April 10th, 2019

"NEW YORK (WABC) -- The mother of the man convicted of killing a jogger in Queens says her son was set up.

She's declaring his innocence in an exclusive interview with ABC's Nightline. ...

...Lewis's mother Veta says her son was a scapegoat. And she said he was an easy target for police.

"They believe that my son is helpless, so this is one of the reasons why they did this to him," said Veta Lewis. "They were looking for somebody... place this. I think that's the reason why they chose him."

In the interview, Veta Lewis said she knows her son, and the son she knows is not a murderer. ..."

Mom of man convicted in Karina Vetrano murder proclaims son's innocence

IMO the case stinks. The strongest piece of 'gut evidence ' for guilt is the ABC videotape in the above post where Chief Boyce tells us he is absolutely convinced Lewis is guilty. While I never had the pleasure of working with/for Chief Boyce I believe him to be a man of high reputation whose opinions should be taken seriously. I am certain he knows many things that weren't testified to, or written about in any newspaper. I give that statement by the Chief great weight, but I am not convinced.

I take you back more than 50 years ago when a dimwitted man named George Whitmore from Brooklyn gave detectives a 30 odd page confession saying he killed two career girls in Manhattan. I still remember the then Chief of Detectives holding up the head of Whitmore for the cameras and saying: " We got the right man!. That case was known as the Wylie-Hoffert murder case which became the pilot show for the long running Telly Savalas series. When the case was moved to founManhattan the late-great Manhattan DA Frank Hogan felt something was wrong with it and assigned a bright ADA Mel Glass to re-investigate the case. Glass found the real killer, a guy named Robles, and subsequently convicted him of those murders. Recriminations against those that solved the case lingered on for years and those that found the real killer suffered for their role in exonerating an innocent man and bringing a guilty man to justice. That case dwarfed the publicity the Vetrano case received in the media.

The ONLY thing we really know about DNA is what they told us. There was one case in Illinois (?) where a man was convicted of murder. The DNA of another man was found on the body, not the DNA of the convicted. When the prosecutor was confronted with the evidence she said who is to say the semen donor wasn't strolling by the crime scene, found the body, and had sex with it. The wrongful convicted was released and the real killer was arrested - but not without a fight by the AG.

Then there is the classic case of Jeffrey Deskovic. Arrested and jailed for a murder rape. The problem then is his DNA didn't match. He got convicted anyway. Google him - it is a compelling story. Spent 16 years in jail and ran out of appeals. Begged the DA ( Judge Jeanine) to re-visit the DNA because of the vast advances in the science. She told him to get lost. A new DA takes over and she runs it. Jeffrey is out of jail in a couple of months. The real killer is identified and arrested, convicted, but not before he killed again !

Then there is the case of a fellow named Capozzi from Buffalo. Now that should be a movie and the DA should have been prosecuted and put in jail. The Buffalo PD detectives were the heroes in that case. The DA tried to get some of them fired.

DNA - met up with 2 detectives from Brooklyn. They worked a homicide of a prostitute that had 8+ samples of DNA in and on her body. It sure looked like a gang rape - DNA - who can argue with that?

A sharp eyed hooker realizes something is wrong. Contacts cops and tells them she had a customer who paid her for the used rubbers her customers used. The guy gave her $5.00 a rubber. Goes on to kill another hooker and dumps the DNA on the body.

Bottom line is there is enough information about the Vetrano case that makes me wonder if they convicted the right man. NOT saying he is INNOCENT. But there is enough out there IMO that makes me question the verdict.

Again none of those cases you site have anything to do with the murder conviction of Chanel Lewis. Not only is there no reasonable doubt about his guilt there is no doubt about his guilt in this case. He alone murdered Karina Vetrano. His DNA is a match. He confessed. He had injuries consistent with punching someone repeatedly in the face. He confessed to breaking her teeth with was not released to the media. He is guilty of first degree murder and should be executed tomorrow.

I have been told the judge on the case is the most reversed judge in NYC. If true, I think we can say it means the entire NYS. If that is true ( and I don't know it for a fact) then it makes one wonder why would you pick such a judge to try such an important case? And please don't tell me the pick was random.
You pick such a judge to make sure you get the desired results. When it seems like you aren't getting what you want the judge can always call a mistrial.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You folks interested in such things should go to YouTube and search for SONNY SHEU. It is a 2 minute clip where he tells us if he is found dead they should look to a certain judge for the answers. No, it's not the judge in this case but another from the Good Old Boy Network.

Again none of those cases you site have anything to do with the murder conviction of Chanel Lewis. Not only is there no reasonable doubt about his guilt there is no doubt about his guilt in this case. He alone murdered Karina Vetrano. His DNA is a match. He confessed. He had injuries consistent with punching someone repeatedly in the face. He confessed to breaking her teeth with was not released to the media. He is guilty of first degree murder and should be executed tomorrow.
I respectfully disagree with you. You seem to think a confession is the end all of this case.

Do you really think such an apparent dim-witted person would realize he broke her teeth? Do you really think that if this guy killed her he didn't kill her in a frenzy. Confessions? Give me a break. Did you know that in the now 400 DNA exoneration's 25% of them were coupled with confessions. Which is it, FRED that convinces you of guilt - confessions or DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back