GUILTY NY - Katie Socci, 29, Auburn, 14 June 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by chasing.halos, Jun 15, 2011.

1. chasing.halos

chasing.halos Where is Kyron?

[​IMG]

<snip>

Katie M. Socci, 29, of 3 Swift Street in Auburn is considered missing under unknown circumstances, according to police.

Authorities were dispatched to Socci's home early Wednesday after a neighbor contacted police and asked them to check on Socci. Socci's dog was left outside barking, the lights were off in her home, she wasn't answering phone calls and, after police entered through an unlocked door and checked the residence, they found Socci's infant child upstairs sleeping unattended.

Anyone with information is asked to contact lead investigators Detective Doug Parker at 255-4726 or Detective Chris McLoughlin at 255-4706. You may also contact the Auburn Police Department at 253-3231.

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/article_1fca586e-9749-11e0-9da4-001cc4c03286.html

2. Loading...

3. chasing.halos

Auburn woman missing from home where infant was sleeping

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...nt-was/6wWc04ibn0W3JaOf2VFG9g.cspx?p=Comments

Police seek missing Auburn woman

<snip>
    http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top_stories/546941/police-seek-missing-auburn-woman/

4. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Looking at the timeline, I wonder why a neighbor would have called police. Why would police even bother to enter a home where a woman was last seen at 8 p.m. alive and well? The dog was barking, but everything else seemed fine apparently. I'm really surprised they entered the home. Since the infant was sleeping, they could have had no way to know the baby was in there alone.

5. chasing.halos

Hi Jeanna,

You read my mind. I too wonder why the neighbor was alerted enough to call police. Maybe the neighbor babysat Katie's baby and he/she was expecting her in the morning? Maybe the dog barking was not normal?

Hopefully we learn more details today. The baby being alone is very scary and I am so thankful the babe was found before more time had elapsed.

6. chasing.halos

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2011/06/katie_socci_missing_in_new_yor.php

(hopefully I can link this snipped article, if I see asterisks in the link I will delete)

7. chasing.halos

Hmmm... this new article states police arrived at Katie's home for a welfare check around midnight.

<snip>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43411673/ns/local_news-rochester_ny/

So the dog barking by itself outside must have been extremely unusual...

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

The dog being out and barking alerted the neighbor? That would make sense...

9. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

okay! I want to know who the baby father is?

10. Darcyline

Darcyline New Member

I thought one of the articles implied that the neighbor tried to call and she didn't answer her phone too. That would make sense to me. And thank god the baby is ok-I hope Katie is ok too.

11. chasing.halos

Hope I am doing this right- I am no hollye :) but here is a map of the address she was last seen at

3 Swift Street, Auburn NY - Google Maps

There appears to be a lot of trees near the house as well as a river.

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Auburn Police halt search for missing woman

Auburn Police have called off the search for Katie Socci, a 29-year-old nurse who went missing “under unknown circumstances” overnight.

Police say they have found a piece of evidence in a remote section of the southwest corner of the Cayuga County City of Auburn and have secured a scene there.

Police would not say what kind of evidence was found.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...for-missing-woman/6wWc04ibn0W3JaOf2VFG9g.cspx

13. chasing.halos

14. SmilingSweetly

SmilingSweetly Member

Update: The Auburn Police Department will hold a press conference at approximately 4:30 p.m. this afternoon to discuss the ongoing investigation taking place at the nature trail near Dunning Avenue.
    Police have not said whether that investigation is related to the search for the 29-year-old Auburn woman reported missing early this morning.

Snipped

http://auburnpub.com/news/local/article_67590de4-977e-11e0-a763-001cc4c002e0.html

15. Boo Scout

Boo Scout New Member

I am waiting for the results of the press conference. Auburn NY is my hometown...this doesn't sound good.

16. Boo Scout

Boo Scout New Member

Auburnpub.com is in the process of being updated - the headline link now reads "Body Found off Dunning Ave matches missing woman's description." But the story itself is not updated yet. I will post as soon as I see it. Tragic.

17. Boo Scout

Boo Scout New Member

18. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

Oh No :( prayers to her family &#9829;

19. tfrohning

tfrohning Rest in Peace

Rescue worker's dog found a freshly turned mound of dirt in the area.

I wonder who POI is? Darn I hate waiting for answer :(

20. fedfan4life

fedfan4life New Member

I would venture a guess that it is not someone who knew there was a child in the home.

Seriously??? You cannot even be alone in your own house with your dog and your child and expect to be safe? Ridiculous...

21. chasing.halos