Resolved NY - Brooklyn, BlkMale 17-23, 942UMNY, dismembered remains found in 2 locations, Jul'05 - namus removed

*Doe Network lists this UID as White/Hispanic, NamUs lists "Unsure" for the race.
attachment.php

Unidentified White/Hispanic Male

• [*]The victim was discovered on July 26, 2005 in Brooklyn, New York City, Kings County, New York
    [*]Estimated Date of Death: July 25, 2005
    [*]Cause of Death: Homicidal violence of undetermined type
    [*]Mutilated: Skull and torso only - missing hands, legs and genitalia.

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 17-23 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 6'0"; 130-200 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: No distinguishing marks on torso or skull.
    [*]Dentals: Not Available. No teeth on the upper jaw; lower jaw missing.
    [*]Clothing: None
    [*]Fingerprints: Not Available
    [*]DNA: Available

Case History
On July 26, 2005, at approximately 9.15, a torso was discovered on a conveyor belt of a recycling plant in the confines of the 090 Precinct.
On July 30, 2005, at approximately 15.30, a decomposed skull was found inside a black plastic bag at a public park located in the confines of the 081 Precinct. The skull had very little tissue on it and was missing the lower jaw. There were also no teeth on the upper jaw.The skull was later positively matched to the torso found on 07/26/2005 through DNA.The deceased has yet to be positively identified.

Attachments

• 942UMNY.jpg
    942UMNY.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 323
attachment.php
attachment.php
Here's a potential match to get things started:
Adam Benjamin Lake went missing from Hilliard, Ohio on March 24, 2001 and is considered an endangered runaway. He would be a little taller (5'11"-6'0") but fits the other demographics fairly well. Authorities believe he left on his own accord and may have left Ohio. He is fluent in Spanish and suffers from Crohn's disease.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lake_adam.html

Attachments

• 942UMNY.jpg
    942UMNY.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 315
  • lake_adam.jpg
    lake_adam.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 186
[FONT=&quot]I went ahead and submitted Adam Lake as a potential match for 942UMNY to Doe Network. What made me really think that he might be a match is that the UID was found with no teeth in the upper jaw (lower jaw missing). Adam suffers from Chron's disease, which can cause oral health problems. If he was living as a runaway for four years he probably wasn't receiving good medical and dental care, which could have caused him to lose his teeth. When I submitted this match I received some strange and compelling info:

A Doe Network administrator looked at the records and found that they themselves had submitted him as a match in 2007. At the time he was reported as "located" so the match was not compared. Now 10 years later they see he is still in the system listed as "missing" and looked deeper. He was falsely reported as being recovered at the time of the submission in '07. So now he has been resubmitted as a potential match with both myself and the administrator named as the submitters!

This reminds me of the kind of thing you see with cold cases on the true crime shows![/FONT]

if the decandent was only dead about a day that means the killer pried his lower jaw off and may have yanked out his teeth. sadistic.

if the decandent was only dead about a day that means the killer pried his lower jaw off and may have yanked out his teeth. sadistic.

Yeah, it sounds like the genitalia was removed too! Awful. I'm confused about the timeline now. This article says the head was badly decomposing and found four days after the torso but Doe Network says they were only found one day apart. Either way that is really sadistic.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9804EEDC1E3FF932A3575BC0A9639C8B63

it was july so to me the head may have been pretty decomposed after another day. but there could have also been confusion and it may have been a few more days as well.

Yeah, it sounds like the genitalia was removed too! Awful. I'm confused about the timeline now. This article says the head was badly decomposing and found four days after the torso but Doe Network says they were only found one day apart. Either way that is really sadistic.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9804EEDC1E3FF932A3575BC0A9639C8B63

The teeth and jaw were definitely removed. They dont want him to be ID'd

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

NamUs updated the case file for this UID https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5628 late last month. The race was changed from "Unsure" to "Black/African American" which really shifts things when looking for potential matches. There's still only one rule out listed: Arkadiy Tashman.

oh Wow!... makes you wonder if this has happened before... wow how interesting.. I wonder who reported him located?
[FONT="]I went ahead and submitted Adam Lake as a potential match for 942UMNY to Doe Network. What made me really think that he might be a match is that the UID was found with no teeth in the upper jaw (lower jaw missing). Adam suffers from Chron's disease, which can cause oral health problems. If he was living as a runaway for four years he probably wasn't receiving good medical and dental care, which could have caused him to lose his teeth. When I submitted this match I received some strange and compelling info:

A Doe Network administrator looked at the records and found that they themselves had submitted him as a match in 2007. At the time he was reported as "located" so the match was not compared. Now 10 years later they see he is still in the system listed as "missing" and looked deeper. He was falsely reported as being recovered at the time of the submission in '07. So now he has been resubmitted as a potential match with both myself and the administrator named as the submitters!

This reminds me of the kind of thing you see with cold cases on the true crime shows![/FONT]

did anyone see this that this John Doe was tied to others with a serial killer.. I had heard and read about Brazell the guy that was found in the train tunnel in pieces (the community really has kept this guys memory alive he was well known).. and something about them knowing who the killer was and that the guy was in florida and that the killer was tied to many more.. when I just saw this thread it reminded me of that and I found this article... Now I read the article and says he was in florida and California.. I am sure they looked into dismembered bodies there also... I know the article does not help solve who this guy is but I thought I should include it.

http://pix11.com/2017/02/24/first-o...bly-tied-to-suspected-brooklyn-serial-killer/

BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Kwauhuru Govan lived on Gates Avenue in Bushwick, Brooklyn, for years, and the NYPD thinks he didn’t travel too far from home to find his murder victims.
PIX11 News learned Friday that Govan, already accused in the 2005 beheading and dismemberment of 19-year-old*Rashawn Brazell along with the 2004 slaying of 17-year-old Sharabia Thomas, is now suspected in two other dismemberment cases.
The body parts of one victim, John Doe, were discovered in a Maspeth Avenue transfer station on July 26, 2005, the same year Brazell’s torso and legs had been found in a subway tunnel on Feb. 17, 2005.
Brazell’s arm and hand were found a few days later at a recycling plant in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
The body parts of another victim, a female, were found in the confines of the 81st Precinct two years later, in the summer of 2007.
That’s the same area where Govan was living.
And that brings the number to four murder victims in Brooklyn that Govan may be tied to. He’s been formally accused in two of the cases.
Back in May 2016, PIX11 News told the NYPD’s Cold Case Squad about the unsolved murder of Sharabia Thomas.
A viewer had contacted the Mary Murphy Mystery Facebook page and said Sharabia’s body was found in laundry bags on Palmetto Street in Brooklyn in February 2004.
The teen had vanished, after heading to EBC Bushwick High School at 8 a.m. Her body was found hours later in an alley. The medical examiner determined Sharabia had been suffocated.

The NYPD cold case squad thought Thomas’ death might be connected to the 2006 strangulation of honors student, Chanel Petro Nixon, who’d been found in a garbage bag on a Bedford Stuyvesant sidewalk, shortly after Father’s Day 2006.
But DNA preserved from under Sharabia Thomas’ fingernails led them in another direction*-- and to a different suspect.
The DNA in Sharabia’s case matched Kwauhuru Govan’s profile. Govan was doing time in a Florida prison for robbery, and there was a DNA hit on a national database.
The NYPD cold case squad questioned Govan in Florida about the unsolved dismemberment killing of Rashawn Brazell.
Brazell used to live across the street from Govan on Gates Avenue in Bushwick, and was last seen heading to the Gates Avenue subway stop on Feb. 14, 2005.

His body parts were discovered three days later in a subway tunnel on the A line, between Nostrand and Franklin Avenues.
The NYPD Chief of Detectives revealed this week that Govan made “inconsistent statements” about the Brazell case when he was questioned in Florida.
Govan was brought back to New York in November and charged with the murder of Sharabia Thomas from 2004.
The teenage girl lived just two blocks from Govan, also on Gates Avenue in Bushwick.
This week, Govan freaked out in Brooklyn Supreme Court before an indictment was about to be unsealed in the Rashawn Brazell dismemberment murder.
“I can’t even dissect a frog!” Govan screamed, before he was led from court and back to Rikers Island.
Now, Govan is being looked at for two more dismemberment murders in Brooklyn — and there’s a California murder he may be tied to, as well.

Govan lived for a time in California and was arrested there, before he headed to the Tampa area of Florida.
Govan was arrested for armed robbery in Tampa and cut a plea deal, agreeing to plead guilty to the lesser charge of grand larcery.
He was about to be released from the Florida prison in November when he learned there was an NYPD warrant for his arrest in New York.
It looks like Brooklyn may have had a serial killer on its hands, who didn’t have to travel far from home.
And this brings us back to last fall. When Govan was arrested for killing Sharabia Thomas, the victim who led cops to all these new leads, Detective Evelin Gutierrez said to PIX11, “Without you, we wouldn’t have solved this case.”

this guy fits in the height and weight and has dentures and was missing like 2 weeks before the body parts were found.. only his age.. but everything else seems to fit.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4943dmdc.html

Name: Joseph Thomas Sweat, Jr.
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 11, 2005
Location Last Seen: Washington, DC
Physical Description
Date of Birth: March 27, 1958
Race: Black
Height: 5'11"-6'1"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available; partial dentures.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White T-shirt, dark baggy jeans, athletic shoes.
Jewelry: Dark keychain with writing on it worn around neck.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Joseph was last seen at approximately 10:55 pm leaving his residence in the vicinity of the 1100 block of N. Capitol St. NW in Washington, DC on foot

4943DMDC[1].jpgparabon_reconstruction__final[1].jpg

I believe that the connection to Kwauhuru Govan may be why this case is now getting more attention with the updates. Thanks for posting the article! Here's the '07 case also mentioned: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/736ufny.html
I have tried to figure out who she was identified as with no luck.

There's a very similar case from 2002 that I also think could be related but I have not seen LE connect it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lkFem-758UFNY-30-40-in-vacant-building-Feb-02 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/758ufny.html
Both of these cases were of dismembered women found in abandoned buildings in the same area. There's another case of a man found dismembered in an abandoned building on the same day as the 2002 case: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/grisly-finds-b-klyn-article-1.489010 He was identified, which I confirmed with NamUs but was also unable to figure out who he was.

I really think that there are more cases that could be connected to KG including these but possibly others too.

this guy fits in the height and weight and has dentures and was missing like 2 weeks before the body parts were found.. only his age.. but everything else seems to fit.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4943dmdc.html

Name: Joseph Thomas Sweat, Jr.
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: July 11, 2005
Location Last Seen: Washington, DC
Physical Description
Date of Birth: March 27, 1958
Race: Black
Height: 5'11"-6'1"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available; partial dentures.
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White T-shirt, dark baggy jeans, athletic shoes.
Jewelry: Dark keychain with writing on it worn around neck.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance
Joseph was last seen at approximately 10:55 pm leaving his residence in the vicinity of the 1100 block of N. Capitol St. NW in Washington, DC on foot

attachment.php
attachment.php

The dentures make that a very strong match. You should submit it! I thought Stephen Beard
attachment.php
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4798dmmd.html could be a match but he has no identifiers :( I honestly think Joseph Sweat is a stronger match. The way he has a lighter complexion to me also would make it strong. Although the DNA recon appears darker this UID was listed as White/Hispanic from the time he was found in 2005 until last month. Because the torso was found only days after he was probably killed (and the head was found a few days later and decomposed) I am guessing that the race may have been determined visually back in '05.

Attachments

• beard_stephen2.jpg
    beard_stephen2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 66
omg I had never heard heard of the faceless man not the refrigerator parts. they must be all must be all connected, all around the same time and Brooklyn.. Oh this is so much more than I thought. wow. I wonder since the faceless man was identified they found out who took his face off and maybe that is why they are not connecting him to this. I believe there are much more !! I remember there was some girl who had gone missing and her friend saw her last I believe she was from queens and went to Brooklyn.. don't know the year though. She kind of looks like the recon on the link of the girl... I have to find her..

I believe that the connection to Kwauhuru Govan may be why this case is now getting more attention with the updates. Thanks for posting the article! Here's the '07 case also mentioned: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/736ufny.html
I have tried to figure out who she was identified as with no luck.

There's a very similar case from 2002 that I also think could be related but I have not seen LE connect it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lkFem-758UFNY-30-40-in-vacant-building-Feb-02 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/758ufny.html
Both of these cases were of dismembered women found in abandoned buildings in the same area. There's another case of a man found dismembered in an abandoned building on the same day as the 2002 case: http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/grisly-finds-b-klyn-article-1.489010 He was identified, which I confirmed with NamUs but was also unable to figure out who he was.

I really think that there are more cases that could be connected to KG including these but possibly others too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back