NY NY - Kings Co., UnsFem, UP15911, 23-33, on shoreline of Jamaica Bay, tattoos, Sep'16

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Romulus, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Original photo of that tattoo (mouth with needle) has been located and it has been discussed few pages back. Jane Doe has exact same copy of that original photo/art.

That photo of an artist became extremely popular and any diversion or changes to it are just addition by other people to her original one. I can't recall now a year when she made it but I think it was in 2000 or 2004. So Jane Doe got that tattoo only after those years.

CreoleMoon, madamx and Bit of hope like this.

2. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

I personally do not think it is dead end. Any of her tattoos are big clues and biggest potential to find her identity. Or someone who knows her will see her case with tattoos and recognize her or we have to find images of her (somewhere anywhere) of her alive with those tattoos. They must be somewhere.

CreoleMoon, Nancy19XX and madamx like this.
  3. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

You know Alka I think your right and looking back now.. No, the tattoos are NOT a dead end.. they just have to be pushed enough out on the internet that someone out there sees it and remembers that specific tattoo. The ribbons and the mouth and even the cross on the finger are unique enough that someone WILL remember it.

Even if Let's say she hid the other ones under clothing the cross on her finger would of been exposed!!!

Ex: To this day I will remember this PEACOCK cover up for a CHRISTMAS TREE tattoo an old friend of mine Joe(God Rest his Soul) got one drunken night around 30 years ago on his right shoulder (I was not the only one who remembered it).. so yeah sometimes people won't forget seeing ink on others!!

It's just getting it out there and exposed. Which I don't think the Media has done a good job AT doing. Like I mentioned earlier they even rehashed the story because they recently found the mandible.. perfect opportunity to bring out the photos of the tattoos AGAIN... yet nobody did it!!!

4. UnlicensedPI

UnlicensedPI Well-Known Member

Even her cross is unique! Cross tattoos on fingers are pretty popular, but I've never seen another exactly like hers. I'm also frustrated with the media on this. Tattoo recognition was how Rubber City Boy got identified, so I'm still hopeful.

That peacock Christmas tree sounds amazing! Haha.

Al Ka likes this.
  5. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Former Member

Trying to get the word out to Facebook pages dedicated to missing and unidentified persons with tattoos.

digitective, Al Ka and Nancy19XX like this.
  6. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree that the tattoos are going to be a big key, I just meant as far as finding them on a tattoo shop's page or anything like that as my opinion is they are not professionally done. That is a dead end to me. They are memorable though which is why I had said earlier they really need to get photos of them out to places in that area, clubs, etc.

As far as I could tell, Amanda King has not been found, but I'll do more digging today. The 'find Amanda's page linked in her Namus hasn't had any activity for about a year.

Al Ka and Bit of hope like this.
  7. Bit of hope

Good to have you back...hahaha oopsss, suddenly I have a Christmas tree tatt00.....

8. Bit of hope

I agree, at least on the lips and needle tattoo, sloppy done. I wonder if LE didn't made a round, asking for it, there were more clubs she would have fitted in, like the St. Vitus Bar. I'm totally not into this kind of music/scene, so a local would know it MUCH better. There is probably a shipload of cases LE has to deal with, so I can't dismiss them not searching any further. They found the jaw bone, so I think, in my simple brain, they have everything they need to do a reconstruction of the skull. Sounds simple but she is probably buried in a Potter's grave, nowhere to be found or there is simply no money to open up her grave.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    WyomingSkyAngel and Nancy19XX like this.
  9. Ginger21

Ginger21 Active Member

10. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any tattoo magazines would be interested in running a feature on ID'ing missing persons via their tatts? There are several threads here of people that could potentially show up new leads if the origin of their marks could be identified.

madamx, grace mouse, Al Ka and 3 others like this.
  11. Bit of hope

There are some Facebook sites tackling the issue, but they are private and have to combine it with every day live...so sometimes not very "on to it".

madamx and Melt71 like this.
  12. rickyv

rickyv New Member

13. digitective

digitective Well-Known Member

madamx likes this.
  14. Melt71

Melt71 Well-Known Member

You'd hope so. The photo in the article (if it is of this actual jaw) has lots of teeth. The media article was dated 2 August and Namus is not yet updated with any reference on dentals, at least in the non-subscriber part of the system (I'm overseas so can't register a login.)

madamx and digitective like this.
  15. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

If they have someone to match it to then yes. There is no database of dentals to mass compare or to do search in. It is done manually. They do have her DNA though.

Medical records and dentals are no longer visible in NamUs to public, even to those who are registered.

madamx, Bit of hope and digitective like this.
  16. Bit of hope

Still no posts on the facebook page....the person who is running it can't handle the shipload....due to work and other concerns..

madamx likes this.
  17. grace mouse

grace mouse Member

Bump

madamx likes this.
  18. Bit of hope

?

madamx likes this.
  19. grace mouse

grace mouse Member

Posting the word “bump” on a thread is a way to try and bump a particular thread to where more users will see it. It is kind of a way to say “hey don’t forget about this thread.”

madamx likes this.
  20. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

I haven't had time to dig in to this one as much as I wanted. I have spent countless hours going through tattoo photos, but hadn't come up with anything. I still think about her daily and hope one day she gets her name back.

madamx, UnlicensedPI and Bit of hope like this.