Resolved NY - Kings Co, Jamaica Bay, UnsFem 23-33, UP15911, tattoos, breast implants, Sep'16 - N/A

Oh your right I think the tattoos are prob a dead end and it's frudtrating!!

I agree the tattoo looks like it's done by someone just starting out.. probably at home. She prob got it free by someone she knew...speaking from experiance I have a Free at home tattoo from an exboyfriends friend on my back done 20 yrs ago.. ok Need I Say More!!:eek:

I also think the same person that did the lips also did the panther.. the style and shading seem similar to me.. and I still think that panther is a cover up over something else. but that is just me.

I personally do not think it is dead end. Any of her tattoos are big clues and biggest potential to find her identity. Or someone who knows her will see her case with tattoos and recognize her or we have to find images of her (somewhere anywhere) of her alive with those tattoos. They must be somewhere.

I personally do not think it is dead end. Any of her tattoos are big clues and biggest potential to find her identity. Or someone who knows her will see her case with tattoos and recognize her or we have to find images of her (somewhere anywhere) of her alive with those tattoos. They must be somewhere.

You know Alka I think your right and looking back now.. No, the tattoos are NOT a dead end.. they just have to be pushed enough out on the internet that someone out there sees it and remembers that specific tattoo. The ribbons and the mouth and even the cross on the finger are unique enough that someone WILL remember it.

Even if Let's say she hid the other ones under clothing the cross on her finger would of been exposed!!!

Ex: To this day I will remember this PEACOCK cover up for a CHRISTMAS TREE tattoo an old friend of mine Joe(God Rest his Soul) got one drunken night around 30 years ago on his right shoulder (I was not the only one who remembered it).. so yeah sometimes people won't forget seeing ink on others!!

It's just getting it out there and exposed. Which I don't think the Media has done a good job AT doing. Like I mentioned earlier they even rehashed the story because they recently found the mandible.. perfect opportunity to bring out the photos of the tattoos AGAIN... yet nobody did it!!!

You know Alka I think your right and looking back now.. No, the tattoos are NOT a dead end.. they just have to be pushed enough out on the internet that someone out there sees it and remembers that specific tattoo. The ribbons and the mouth and even the cross on the finger are unique enough that someone WILL remember it.

Even if Let's say she hid the other ones under clothing the cross on her finger would of been exposed!!!

Ex: To this day I will remember this PEACOCK cover up for a CHRISTMAS TREE tattoo an old friend of mine Joe(God Rest his Soul) got one drunken night around 30 years ago on his right shoulder (I was not the only one who remembered it).. so yeah sometimes people won't forget seeing ink on others!!

It's just getting it out there and exposed. Which I don't think the Media has done a good job AT doing. Like I mentioned earlier they even rehashed the story because they recently found the mandible.. perfect opportunity to bring out the photos of the tattoos AGAIN... yet nobody did it!!!
Even her cross is unique! Cross tattoos on fingers are pretty popular, but I've never seen another exactly like hers. I'm also frustrated with the media on this. Tattoo recognition was how Rubber City Boy got identified, so I'm still hopeful.

That peacock Christmas tree sounds amazing! Haha.

I absolutely agree that the tattoos are going to be a big key, I just meant as far as finding them on a tattoo shop's page or anything like that as my opinion is they are not professionally done. That is a dead end to me. They are memorable though which is why I had said earlier they really need to get photos of them out to places in that area, clubs, etc.

As far as I could tell, Amanda King has not been found, but I'll do more digging today. The 'find Amanda's page linked in her Namus hasn't had any activity for about a year.

Good to have you back...hahaha oopsss, suddenly I have a Christmas tree tatt00.....

I absolutely agree that the tattoos are going to be a big key, I just meant as far as finding them on a tattoo shop's page or anything like that as my opinion is they are not professionally done. That is a dead end to me. They are memorable though which is why I had said earlier they really need to get photos of them out to places in that area, clubs, etc.

As far as I could tell, Amanda King has not been found, but I'll do more digging today. The 'find Amanda's page linked in her Namus hasn't had any activity for about a year.

I agree, at least on the lips and needle tattoo, sloppy done. I wonder if LE didn't made a round, asking for it, there were more clubs she would have fitted in, like the St. Vitus Bar. I'm totally not into this kind of music/scene, so a local would know it MUCH better. There is probably a shipload of cases LE has to deal with, so I can't dismiss them not searching any further. They found the jaw bone, so I think, in my simple brain, they have everything they need to do a reconstruction of the skull. Sounds simple but she is probably buried in a Potter's grave, nowhere to be found or there is simply no money to open up her grave.

Last edited:
Oh your right I think the tattoos are prob a dead end and it's frudtrating!!
I wonder if any tattoo magazines would be interested in running a feature on ID'ing missing persons via their tatts? There are several threads here of people that could potentially show up new leads if the origin of their marks could be identified.

I wonder if any tattoo magazines would be interested in running a feature on ID'ing missing persons via their tatts? There are several threads here of people that could potentially show up new leads if the origin of their marks could be identified.

There are some Facebook sites tackling the issue, but they are private and have to combine it with every day live...so sometimes not very "on to it".

Maybe now they can try to match dental records?

You'd hope so. The photo in the article (if it is of this actual jaw) has lots of teeth. The media article was dated 2 August and Namus is not yet updated with any reference on dentals, at least in the non-subscriber part of the system (I'm overseas so can't register a login.)

Maybe now they can try to match dental records?

If they have someone to match it to then yes. There is no database of dentals to mass compare or to do search in. It is done manually. They do have her DNA though.

You'd hope so. The photo in the article (if it is of this actual jaw) has lots of teeth. The media article was dated 2 August and Namus is not yet updated with any reference on dentals, at least in the non-subscriber part of the system (I'm overseas so can't register a login.)

Medical records and dentals are no longer visible in NamUs to public, even to those who are registered.

Trying to get the word out to Facebook pages dedicated to missing and unidentified persons with tattoos.[/QUOT

Still no posts on the facebook page....the person who is running it can't handle the shipload....due to work and other concerns..

I haven't had time to dig in to this one as much as I wanted. I have spent countless hours going through tattoo photos, but hadn't come up with anything. I still think about her daily and hope one day she gets her name back.

Posting the word “bump” on a thread is a way to try and bump a particular thread to where more users will see it. It is kind of a way to say “hey don’t forget about this thread.”

Yes, I know...I had just posted something, so why bump? But anyways...
I haven't had time to dig in to this one as much as I wanted. I have spent countless hours going through tattoo photos, but hadn't come up with anything. I still think about her daily and hope one day she gets her name back.

Yes, I searched all over the place without succes, not even near. I think this woman may have come from abroad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back