GUILTY NY - Laura Garza, 25, Manhattan, 3 December 2008

He should be forced to attend. I know laws are different in each State but wonder if NY has something like the Florida judge used with Casey Anthony? She didn't want to go to one of the hearings right?....But Judge said she had to show?

Should do that if possible with Mele. I'm sure there's concerns over his safety if Laura's brothers are also in courtroom but who gives a flying fig. Innocent until proven guilty by ones peers.....well, I'm his peer and he, by his actions, has proven himself guilty to me. It's like an OJ thing re murders.....did a jury saying not guilty change my mind on his guilt...nope. Same with Mele.

Last to see her...Mele.........cut carpet out day after her disappearance....Mele....told friend not to get involved hours before she was reported missing.....Mele....pervert past....Mele.

Force him to show in court and give those brothers their day. Save New Yorkers money.

Jane Velez-Mitchell, isn't she sort of like Nancy Grace, rather loud and a bit obnoxious? Her written words are much easier to take. The only problem with the article was with this statistic:
"According to a 2003 Department of Justice study, 78 percent of imprisoned sex offenders had prior arrests and 28 percent had prior arrests for sex crimes."

If I'm figuring correctly, approx 2/3 of the imprisoned sex offenders had prior records that didn't indicate they held potential for a sex crime offense. I'm interested in knowing what their crimes were. Was there some similarity with the crime committed? Was it drug related? Assault related? etc etc Will see if the full study can be found on-line

God bless the Garza family.

ETA MeoW333, hope your back is feeling better.:blowkiss:

Jane Velez-Mitchell, isn't she sort of like Nancy Grace, rather loud and a bit obnoxious? Her written words are much easier to take. The only problem with the article was with this statistic:
"According to a 2003 Department of Justice study, 78 percent of imprisoned sex offenders had prior arrests and 28 percent had prior arrests for sex crimes."

If I'm figuring correctly, approx 2/3 of the imprisoned sex offenders had prior records that didn't indicate they held potential for a sex crime offense. I'm interested in knowing what their crimes were. Was there some similarity with the crime committed? Was it drug related? Assault related? etc etc Will see if the full study can be found on-line

God bless the Garza family.

ETA MeoW333, hope your back is feeling better.:blowkiss:

Thank you, Capoly :blowkiss: just got back from the chiropractor's awhile ago. Sometimes it hurts worse after :eek: luckily, they've been going easy on me and gave me some medicine.

Bardonia jeweler comes to aid of missing woman's family

http://lohud.com/article/20090117/NE...0357/-1/SPORTS

Here's the link, that one didn't work, i hope you don't mind me posting it for you :)

http://www.lohud.com/article/20090117/NEWS03/901170357/-1/RSS01

"BARDONIA - Laura Garza's family yesterday remained hopeful that the 25-year-old Texan will be found alive after last being seen in Orange County with a Rockland sex offender in early December.Their spirits and determination are bolstered by strangers who offer their help.
"A lot of good people are helping us," her brother Nicolas Garza said yesterday. "We're thankful. We're hopeful she will be found. We haven't given up hope."
Yesterday, Barry Fixler donated $1,000 to the family to print missing-person fliers and emblazon T-shirts with her photo, name and the word "Missing."

Thank you and im sorry about that. Appreciate it. =)

That Michael Mele should be forced to face her family. LE can watch and see his reaction, maybe he'd crack a little bit!

Unlike Laura Garza, many missing-person cases in New York never make headlines

For every Laura Garza, there's at least one Laura Smith Williams among the 3,779 people officially listed as missing in New York.

For nearly two months, the disappearance of the 25-year-old Garza has sent state police searching ponds in frigid weather. Her brothers have joined volunteer firefighters to comb the woods around Bloomingburg. She's been front-page news in New York City and the topic of conversation on CNN.

Laura Smith Williams disappeared from her home in the Connelly Trailer Park in the Ulster County Town of Esopus nearly 15 years ago. She was 22. She left behind three small children.

Sheriff's deputies pursued upward of 100 leads. It took 10 years before someone came forward with a description of the two men Williams was last seen with; the three of them were spotted getting into a car near her home.

Her picture and information about the case are readily available on the Internet. Her profile is entered in state and national computer databases.

But without anyone outside law enforcement speaking forcefully on her behalf, without a compelling "hook" from which the media can hang a story, her disappearance is unlikely to generate the kind of widespread outrage, concern and sympathy that's been raised by Garza's disappearance on Dec. 3.

The missing woman with the traffic-stopping eyes and the compelling story is one thing. The ominous fact that a sex offender was the last person known to be with her made it almost inevitable that the urgency of the police search would be accompanied by cameras, reporters and thousands of onlookers following each development or nondevelopment on the Internet.

No one actually knows what happened to Garza, but the same facts that cause her disappearance to resonate with so many people are the ones that have given the case so much urgency for law enforcement.

State police Capt. Wayne Olson, who supervises the investigators involved in the Garza search, recalls a case 15 years ago when he was an investigator assigned to the Kingston barracks. It's still open — the disappearance of a woman named Deborah Overbaugh. She'd had problems, some of them violent, with her family, and she had a stepson who had, as Olson puts it, a "checkered past."

"That was dealt with, right upfront, as a homicide," Olson recalls.

Fifteen years later, in talking about the disappearance of Laura Garza and the urgency and visibility of the search for her, Olson says, "We knew right upfront that this had all the potential to be a homicide."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090201/NEWS/902010319

Bumping for Laura.

Give it up, Mele. You're going down. :furious:

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090210/NEWS/90210011/-1/NEWS

"
WARWICK - Laura Garza's mother and brothers are scheduled for a live interview at 9:05 a.m. Tuesday on "The Bossman and Lorraine" show on WTBQ radio. The segment can be heard at 1110 AM, 99.1 FM and on the Web at www.wtbq.com.
Host Jerry Boss, a retired state police investigator, said he'll talk
with the family about the case of the missing 25-year-old Brooklynite,
who moved to New York from McAllen, Texas, last year. She was last seen at about 5:30 a.m. on Dec. 3 in the parking lot of the Newburgh Mall."

http://www.facebook.com/people/Laura-Garza/545835780

Isn't this her facebook? I was looking up to see if they found her and came across this...

Now that just brings tears streaming. God bless her family.

(I don't know if that is Laura's facebook or one someone has set up for her as that surely looks like Laura. I so wish we could swear but than Mele IS a 'four-letter word'.....)

Trials & Tribulations: Meles tight-lipped during chance encounter

Nicolas and Ivan Garza passed out fliers of their missing sister, Laura, on Monday in the parking lot of the Orange County Jail. They returned to the jail on Thursday, and in one of those coincidences that prove truth is stranger than fiction, the Garza brothers arrived at the jail right around the same time as the parents of Michael Mele, the last person to be seen with Garza.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090220/COMM/902200345/-1/NEWS

Search for Garza to move to back roads near Rte. 17

About 200 cops and volunteer firefighters will scour the back roads off Route 17 in northern Orange County this weekend in a renewed search for clues about the disappearance of Laura Garza.
The 25-year-old Brooklynite hasn't been seen since Dec. 3, when she left a New York City nightclub with Michael Mele, a 23-year-old sandwich-shop owner from the Town of Wallkill.
Garza was last seen in the front passenger seat of Mele's SUV. Mele is a registered sex offender.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090227/NEWS/902270364

Garza family holds vigil at jail where Mele is housed

The latest vigil for Laura Garza came to the place where her loved ones believe their questions about her disappearance can be answered.
In front of the main entrance to Orange County Jail, family and friends shielded lit candles from the Sunday afternoon rain and held up a large poster of Garza in happier times.
This is what the poster read, translated from Spanish:
"We love you, Skinny.
"The angel that is taking care of us from the sky is going to bring her back to us."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090309/NEWS/903090329

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back