NY - LE looking for mom who left 5 mo alone for 3 days in a Bronx shelter, Sept 2016

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by KayElJay, Sep 10, 2016.

1. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bronx-mom-left-5-month-old-home-days-article-1.2786796

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Why would they not check her room for 3 days? Every shelter I'm familiar with space is at a premium and the homeless have to check out and check in again daily. I'm glad they found the baby but that is just weird they didn't notice her room was empty sooner.
    Also this from the above article:
    I hope that baby goes to people who will love it. :(

4. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

Is it possible she went out and something happened to her? Not that leaving a five-month old alone even for a minute is okay.

Weird they didn't check her room sooner even in a big place someone should be keeping track.

5. KayElJay

KayElJay Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shelter may not be an accurate term for where she left little King. Maybe these are individual apartments owned by a private org or the city that are provided to families who qualify who would otherwise be homeless?

https://www.google.com/amp/pix11.co...bronx-apartment-for-3-days/amp/?client=safari