NY - Leah Walsh, 29, Bethpage, 26 October 2008

Sounds like he took a page out of Scott Peterson's book on how to get rid of your wife.

Text message? He could have just texted her phone to his.

He would have had the means, motive AND most importantly, OPPORTUNITY to do this. I thought this the MINUTE I read this story.

"Take my cars"?????? = crocodile tears. My gut feeling tells me this.

:behindbar I'm thinking real soon. JMO

Pages out of Drew Peterson's book as well. He had his half brother hold his phone at a Duncan Donuts (caught on tape), while he went wherever he went to call from Stacey's phone. That was most likely the 9pm call where Stacy supposedly said she was leaving him.

Give me a break!!!!
You can have my cars!!! WTH????

We here have read to many stories like this one.
Bet LE is looking at him for sure. Within 5 minutes all of this was supposed to happen???? If she'd of took off walking wouldn't the cop of seen her when he was putting the sticker on her car? :furious: Another DP case.

This article is saying the body was found 13 miles from where the car was abandoned.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation/AP/story/746469.html

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. -- A woman's body was found Wednesday in a wooded area about 13 miles from the abandoned car of a teacher who had disappeared two days before, police said.

The body was believed to have been in the wooded area for more than 24 hours, Nassau County Police Lt. Kevin Smith said.

as for the body being difficult to ID - my guess is it was burnt. :eek:

It sounds like she wanted to tell Bean she was in love with him; and has been for years and not her husband. (your husband/wife is also your best friend or should be). The husband probably didn't like this at all so offed her.
His qoute about "You can have my cars," he told Newsday. "You can have everything. I just want my wife back." sounds like he got it out of a book or movie or something. It's over melodramatic.
My guess is to why her father didn't call police and instead called William the husband to do it; is because he had a busload of children being his top priority to get them to school and he didn't have time to and didn't want to have to answer police questions with all the children on the bus. Who knows what kind of emotional state he would have been in.

No, replying to bold, it sounds like what George Anthony said about Caylee.

My opinion only.

Handome bugger, isn't he?

do we have apicture of Leah?

He looks like Vanilla Ice to me.

You know you've been reading these forums too long when you hear of a woman missing you automatically assume it's because her husband murdered her (and you're usually right). The only guessing game is how long before he'll be caught.

If this man had nothing to do with his wife's death then I apologize.

She was on her way to work and texts him to 'have a nice day,' while he's on his way to the gym?

Ehhhh........what about work? Doesn't he work?

Why are we getting so many conflicting reports?:confused:

First we're told he got a text she had a flat tire and goes there and she's gone and then he calls police. Then we hear her work called her family and her dad found her car and then called husband.

I hope LE is keeping better track of these stories than the press is.

Nice interview of him regarding his missing wife. Was he crying for her, or himself?:rolleyes:

I need to know more. I'm not deciding yet, but............this does NOT look good for the husband, at this point.

JMHO
fran

Here are some of the things that bother me with this case.

1. Discrepancy with the purse. Who found it? Where was it found?

2. Is the receipt of the text confirmed? He says she texted him. Did she text him? Where are the pings & tower traces?

3. The body was found like 15 miles away from the car. *if* this is her body, then someone had to transport it, or be brought back home from dropping off a car on the SOB. I don't think it's a walkable distance- 15 miles is a LOT.

This is where I get stumped. Surely if it was the husband he must have helped, unless he was following her and somehow got her to pull over and then he killed her right off the highway...not likely imo.
I wonder if he was a member at that country club?

I'm thinking the husband killed Leah Sunday night then took the car to where it was found Monday morning. The last verifiable time Leah was heard from was Sunday night when she texted her friend Bean that her and her husband were having a huge fight.

ETA: how far was the car found from the husband's house?

I'm waiting to hear the cause of the flat tire as well. I would think they will at least have an idea about whether it looks "natural" or not.

He looks like Vanilla Ice to me.

You know you've been reading these forums too long when you hear of a woman missing you automatically assume it's because her husband murdered her (and you're usually right). The only guessing game is how long before he'll be caught.

If this man had nothing to do with his wife's death then I apologize.

:clap::clap::clap:

I took the "cars" thing to mean the police had just seized his for testing.

Even the TV coverage made it pretty clear what they think happened: "Teacher missing; police talking to her husband."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back