NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
On March 3, 2007, another woman’s torso, stabbed and stuffed inside a suitcase, washed ashore in Mamaroneck. One of her leg bones and her right foot with her toe nails half polished washed up from the Long Island Sound later on March 27 among the rocks in Cold Spring Harbor. On March 28, her severed leg bone washed up in a plastic bag a short distance away at the estate of Cablevision billionaire James Dolan. The rest of her has never been found.]

Am I reading this right? The torso of a woman stuffed in a suitcase washed up in Mamronek. One of her leg bones, and just the right foot with half polished nails, washed up in Cold Harbor Springs? So...the other foot wasn't found there, is that right? And then, her severed leg bone washed up somewhere else? And the left foot was never found, correct?

And then, we have 2 severed legs that wash up on Fire Island...either with only one foot attached, or both feet attached and only the toenails of 1 foot painted (the news article is murky wrt whether or not both feet were found). And these legs match...ummm...some kind of remains (no clue what they are) found off Ocean Parkway?

Have I got it? (Holy canoli this is confusing!)

this map helps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...464323262376358.0004a24253ae4f383c01d&t=h&z=9

There is no reason to think the legs that washed up on Fire Island were missing any feet. The report specifically describes the 2 legs, their scars, and notes that only one foot had toe nail polish. This victim is from 1995.

The legs (both of them) that washed up in cold spring harbor in 2007, were described as having toe nails half polished on the right foot.

This makes me think the SK has a foot fetish, and possibly enjoys painting the toes himself or watching the girls paint there toenails. The AC SK is described as likely having a foot fetish.

In my mind this is enough to connect the Mamaroneck torso victim to the gilgo SK, and makes me strongly suspect him for AC as well.

Attachments

• maps.jpg
    maps.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 14
Wrt the partially painted toenails, it is probable that the polish washed off as the limbs rolled around and washed up in the sandy surf. Ugh! hate typing that!

But I know this from experience as I've spent alot of time in the surf! It is brutal on pedicures. IMO.

wm

I don't know, it seems that the medical examiner and LE noted it specifically, (so it must have been noteworthy to them) also the legs that washed up in Davis Park were in a plastic bag, I don't think they would have experienced the abrasion that free floating legs may have.

If they also noted that the legs were salty, with crab nibbles, and seaweed between the toes, then I would chalk it up to abrasion :crazy:

this map helps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...464323262376358.0004a24253ae4f383c01d&t=h&z=9

There is no reason to think the legs that washed up on Fire Island were missing any feet. The report specifically describes the 2 legs, their scars, and notes that only one foot had toe nail polish. This victim is from 1995.

The legs (both of them) that washed up in cold spring harbor in 2007, were described as having toe nails half polished on the right foot.

This makes me think the SK has a foot fetish, and possibly enjoys painting the toes himself or watching the girls paint there toenails. The AC SK is described as likely having a foot fetish.

In my mind this is enough to connect the Mamaroneck torso victim to the gilgo SK, and makes me strongly suspect him for AC as well.

Press reports from April 1996 indicate that two severed legs were found on the shores of Davis Park, on Fire Island, by two seasonal residents walking along the beach. The toenails of one foot were painted red

Two legs does not neccesarily equal two feet. While I tend to interpret this the same way you do, I can't say with certainty that both feet were attached. I would LIKE to think that a good reporter would make note of the fact that one foot was missing (if it were missing), but I've seen so much sloppy reporting in this case that I am no longer prepared to take what I read at face value.

That's just me, though.

Press reports from April 1996 indicate that two severed legs were found on the shores of Davis Park, on Fire Island, by two seasonal residents walking along the beach. The toenails of one foot were painted red

Two legs does not neccesarily equal two feet. While I tend to interpret this the same way you do, I can't say with certainty that both feet were attached. I would LIKE to think that a good reporter would make note of the fact that one foot was missing (if it were missing), but I've seen so much sloppy reporting in this case that I am no longer prepared to take what I read at face value.

That's just me, though.

In English language, "The toenails of one foot were painted red" does imply that there were two feet. It is the correct interpretation. If we assume that what is reported is incorrect, as some have started to do, then there is no point to WS.com BTW, i missed out on the drinks being passed around the other day, ill take a bourbon.

Thanks to nugster and inspectrgadget for the info on burlap being used in the military.

I mentioned a few weeks back that I finally got ahold of a burlap sack. It is 28" wide x 34" long (tall). I am 5' tall and I can easily fit in the sack in a squatting position. (although it has a really unusual earthy odor which surprised me as it is clearly stamped coffee on the outside but it doesn't smell like coffee.)

Then, I put it down for a rug for my grand dog and he loves it. One thing I have learned is that alot adheres to the burlap....hair, sand, dirt, threads, fibers. I was amazed at how much stuff came out of it when I took it out to shake it.
Hopefully, LE was able to glean forensic evidence from the burlap itself.

My next experiment will be to place the burlap in the dunes during the winter months, don't want to do it now as there are still too many fishermen on the beach and don't wish to draw attn to myself, LOL! I am curious about how long it takes to degrade and if there are still any dog hairs, etc after being in the elements for several months.

Does the military use burlap sacks this large?

wm

In my long gone youth, I have seen bigger burlap sacks in the German military and I can imagine other militaries had then too. But it's now decades ago, since I was discharged, so this is definitively not actual information anymore.
There was however another time, I saw bigger burlap sacks: Carpenters had some metal stuff in them when the built parts of this house here. Big sacks of those metal connection thingies, they screwed between the beams ... and no, I'm not a carpenter, obviously, so no idea what are those things called in English.

this map helps:

Except for three different signatures (strangler with staging, dismemberer aka torso killer type and strangler with remorseless dump), the details, that the bodies in AC wore socks and that it would need a lot of energy to ignore the staging face down but head turned to the East, which I doesn't bring up currently, the obviously outward directed behavior of torso staging in the Manorville case contradicting the secrecy of the dumps at Gilgo and AC ... one maybe could agree. But probably not.

this map helps:

Thanks much for that map! I am a visual person so it helps me to put things in perspective.

wm

Can't find the pic / video(?) now, but it was a night shot of LE around the intact skeletal remains of one of the G4 victims. At the time, one of our posters (dotr maybe??) asked what the white marks might be on the skeleton (I concluded they could be from the flashlights, but i didn't post it). Anyway, the remains were on a large sheet of some kind (iirc, maybe about 8 ft sq). Could be that the remains had been removed to a large sheet by the ME, but I got the impression that was not the case. If my impression is correct, then the burlap was a large sheet rather than a smaller bag.

If someone can find that pic/video, maybe we could analyze it more as it relates to the burlap. Who is our great WSer with the extensive archive of photos, etc from this case?

Long time Websleuths lurker, 1st time poster. I’ve enjoyed all the intelligent discussion over the past months, thanks to all. I have some thoughts on the 4 woman that advertised on Craigslist, please bear with me as I may not know all the case facts and may be confused about some. But I am also not prejudiced by critically analyzing all the information/misinformation that comes in. My case premise assumes:

The Manorville killer is not related to the GB4.
The AC killer may or may not be related to the GB4.
Shannon Gilbert’s disappearance is not related to the GB4.
JB and CPH are not involved in any of the crimes discussed here.
The killer of the Asian male is the killer of the GB4.

Of all the bodies found on the LI beaches, only one was found near the G4, the Asian male found in woman’s clothing. My theory on the intact clothing suggests an unplanned crime, and rapid disposal of the body. The estimate on time of death is 5-10 yrs ago, well before the GB4. If I recall properly, this body was found farther into the brush than the GB4, as if there was fear of it being found. A first time killer, or unplanned killing can leave clues the killer doesn’t want found, so hiding the body as well as possible is likely.

I assume the remaining bodies on GB are not related to the GB4.

The GB4 were found in burlap, all close to the road, as if there was no fear of the bodies being found. Methodical and routine, as if it wasn’t the first time he killed. Found right in the safe “zone” where the Asian male had been successfully dumped, presumably under the cover of night. It seems loosely illogical that he would dump another body anywhere else; there is less anxiety with familiarity.

If the killings of the Asian male and GB4 are related, I would project the GB4 killer has sexual identity issues, and may be a transvestite, and this may have been a killing related to a brief encounter gone wrong (many possible scenarios). I also suspect the killer also has severe anger towards woman and general maladjustment to society. I don’t see a charming Ted Bundy type, but a reclusive middle aged man. It seems pretty unlikely to me that if the Asian male and GB4 killer are one, that there isn’t a sexual/lifestyle link.

I think that the identity of the Asian male could lead to a break in this case, and narrow down the areas to be focusing on. Time has passed, but there are people that knew the guy and knew where and when he went missing.

I don’t exclude the AC killings from my theory as they occurred after the alleged transvestite killing and AC is a common travel destination. The killings also occurred in a short period of time, suggesting a non-resident. But I don’t see any correlating evidence as of now.

Maybe this scenario has been discussed before, but just my look on things. A lot of speculation on my part, but my main point is I believe the identity of Asian “cross dresser” has direct relevance to this case.

The Night Watchman

Wow! Great find inspectrgadget! I especially took notice of the tech training listed under ANNOUNCEMENTS on the right hand side of the marines page.
(3rd link in your post)

wm

Would be able to give some more information of what you found under announcements? I can't seem to access either of the marines.mil links... I don't know if that's because I'm not in the US...

This thread is huge ... have asked Salem to start a new one for us.

Can't find the pic / video(?) now, but it was a night shot of LE around the intact skeletal remains of one of the G4 victims. At the time, one of our posters (dotr maybe??) asked what the white marks might be on the skeleton (I concluded they could be from the flashlights, but i didn't post it). Anyway, the remains were on a large sheet of some kind (iirc, maybe about 8 ft sq). Could be that the remains had been removed to a large sheet by the ME, but I got the impression that was not the case. If my impression is correct, then the burlap was a large sheet rather than a smaller bag.

If someone can find that pic/video, maybe we could analyze it more as it relates to the burlap. Who is our great WSer with the extensive archive of photos, etc from this case?

Look at this video;

SERIAL KILLER: GRISLY LONG ISLAND BEACH BODY SEARCH - PETER THORNE

This may or may not be the video you are referring to. It's a video that I've often wondered about because it clearly shows what appears to be a bleach white fake skeleton that is not wrapped in burlap. It's always been presented to us as being the skeleton of one of the victims. The video footage sparked many unproven theories and crazy speculation (one woman talk show host even stated that the video is suggestive that the SK was probably using some sort of chemical process to remove the flesh from the victim's bones before placing them at the final dump site.

I could be wrong, but is it not standard practice in New York state for law enforcement to cover a victim's body/remains with a standard-issue crime scene protective sheet to protect the integrity of the crime scene as well as to be respective of the deceased and their families?

I swear, every time this video aired I felt as though I was looking at a Hollywood reconstruction of the discovery of the body (as opposed to the actual footage). If it weren't for that detective shining his light over the skeleton I would swear that if this is the real police and really Ocean Parkway that the skeleton we are viewing is a prop placed in the exact location that the actual remains were discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member