NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, really..
believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a crack or heroin addict is like believing in the easter bunny.
Most people just don't get that heroin addicts care only about one thing: getting their next fix..and they will do whatever is necessary to get it.. stealing from family, friends and strangers, turning tricks, begging, lying and scamming others, etc.
Heroin addicts do not think "logically".. they do not think or care about the consequences of what they do.

There was definitely something strange going on in that house in Babylon..
The neighbors had no reason to lie..
There is a reason why several Johns were accusing the people in that house of running a scam.. i don't think you read of such accusations that often.
You are not going to see a grown man running out in the street naked unless he was threatened..

Nice post on junkies, but, I must add:

Grown men on drugs run the streets nude when the tweek. Chased one down to stop him while in very high heels (way too old for that now), nothing was threatening him, just his mind. He stripped as he ran. He died a year later, heroin overdose. Know a few that would love to run nude and free from alcoholism, some have. Or coke, or crack, or anything. Running nude happens a lot. Not necessarily threatened. Just a part of the mind that clicks to do so for paranoia or for fun.

ETA: Men or women do this. And, to add, men and women are "saints or johns". (Or is that johnies or johnettes?)

In one of the earlier threads, one of our members had identified the thing on the roof as probably a GPS or other communications device.

I saw a truck very similar to that -- white, unmarked, with the double cab and a tall box on the back -- in the very very background of some of the crime-scene shots, parked with the other LE trucks (behind the Suffolk mobile crime bus, behind the ME ambulance), but it's been obscured to the point where I'm not totally positive what I'm seeing.

I attached the best screen shot I could get of it, which is still pretty fuzzy. Look at the rear of the Suffolk bus, behind the gray SUV.

it would be helpful to know when this bing maps truck photo is from. it could be post december 10th 2010 (part of the investigation and useless).

that being said, I have a house on fire island, and have lived and worked there in the OFF and ON season. I know well all of the trucks that travel on fire island (National Seashore Dept, DEC, utility companies (LIPA, Verizon, etc) there is a police truck (f250 xlt with cap) that cruises the beach and is outfitted with lifeguard style wooden stretcher (wood board w/ handles), shovels, tow equipment, shovels etc. setup for standard beach emergency situations. I dont know if jones island has their own one of these or not. the SCPD would use the robert moses bridge to travel from mainland to fire island, jones island etc. the truck on the bing map doesn't seem to have the suffolk county police blue stripe, but I can't be sure from that image. But by the shape/dimensions I am confident that it is in fact the same specs as the ford f250 xlt police truck. I think the DEC may have the same model truck, and I have no idea what trucks the coast guard use down at their station at robert moses.

If I was forced to guess right now, I would say that the truck in the bing photo isn't the SCPD (colors not apparant), it's certainly not National Seashore, I have yet to see a utility truck with that spec, so I would say that it could be DEC as I know they favor plain white trucks. Or simply someone who volunteers or wants to drive the truck that looks official in the area.

volunteer fire/emergency person may drive something of that calibur. (images of similar truck attached)
And yes, Mr Hyde used to volunteer with the Point Lookout/Lido Beach fire department in 2000 confirmed by supreme court documents.

I'm struggling to ignore the correlation between what I read in the recent NY Times article:
"That gives me an idea that he is a sadist,” said Mr. Clemente, the former profiler. “That would be reflected in his relationship and jobs..... He likes the suffering of others, and he really likes it when he can cause it or witness it."
and a career in emergency medicine.
If you enjoy witnessing the suffering of others a job in emergency medicine suits you well. I can't mention the details of the 2 (found) malpractice suits I mentioned on an earlier post, but they were claiming the defendant was intentionally not helping the victims (minors). the case also documents Mr Hyde's prior stay in a drug rehabilitation center.

that's all for today...

Attachments

• Traffic 63A1.jpg
    Traffic 63A1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 27
I just finished reading all the aspects of the case categorized on the right hand side and found it all very interesting. I am fascinated with profiling and how/why conclusions are reached. I learned alot from reading it.

I guess it is as much a guessing game for the experts as it is for all of us.:banghead:

wm

With the 2 profiles I have read, I am thinking younger mindset. Not really age. I don't know why. Could have been killing for years, but mindset is young. Can't shake it. Could be older, but mind is not. Incarceration? Family spoiled him? Drugs stopped development? Family spoiled him?

Great Post, Secret77!!
I would really like to know if she was picked up in front of that house in West Babylon, or if she moved and was picked up in front of her new rental in North Babylon, which is just East of West Babylon (go figure).

Thank you!
I think the SK probably told the victim that he was going to pick her up a few blocks away from where she was, to avoid the possibility of anyone else seeing his car and license plates.
It is also possible he may use rented cars to avoid being identified.

Also, I think almost everyone here agrees that the victim already knew the SK, which is why she didn't think twice about leaving with him, without her cell phone.

Nice post on junkies, but, I must add:

Grown men on drugs run the streets nude when the tweek. Chased one down to stop him while in very high heels (way too old for that now), nothing was threatening him, just his mind. He stripped as he ran. He died a year later, heroin overdose. Know a few that would love to run nude and free from alcoholism, some have. Or coke, or crack, or anything. Running nude happens a lot. Not necessarily threatened. Just a part of the mind that clicks to do so for paranoia or for fun.

You could be right, the naked man could have been doing some drugs in the house with them and just freaked out and ran outside.. it is possible.
Nevertheless, there was definitely some strange things going on in that house, as confirmed by neighbors.

I asked this before and never got a response, so I'll ask again.

Can any locals tell me who would handle sandbagging for the Island? Would it be Parks and Rec, road workers, some other department? Anyone know?

Yep, this one updates with any new body discovery. It is limited to remains found.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/bodies-found-at-li-beaches-1.2541830?qr=1

Or look back a few pages for addresses followed too. Mountain Kat will have one, and there is another.

I have 2 maps, one with just the locales confirmed to be connected to this case, and one with the locales of this case along with the locales of possible other victims. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to screen cap. (sigh) The map Carbuff posted a few days back is really good, though. Maybe she can relink it so everyone can look at it again?

Thank you!
I think the SK probably told the victim that he was going to pick her up a few blocks away from where she was, to avoid the possibility of anyone else seeing his car and license plates.
It is also possible he may use rented cars to avoid being identified.

Also, I think almost everyone here agrees that the victim already knew the SK, which is why she didn't think twice about leaving with him, without her cell phone.

You could be right, the naked man could have been doing some drugs in the house with them and just freaked out and ran outside.. it is possible.
Nevertheless, there was definitely some strange things going on in that house, as confirmed by neighbors.

I am struck by the parallels between the way this guy left the house and the way Shannon Gilbert left...though I can't think of anything other than drugs that would connect them.

Can any locals tell me who would handle sandbagging for the Island? Would it be Parks and Rec, road workers, some other department? Anyone know?
if you are a homeowner and storm/erosion is threathening your home, you are allowed to do it yourself. otherwise you will need permission (not easy to get) The DEC fines people for mucking with the beaches. You can't go sticking in a dock, pole or bulkhead wherever you want the DEC will fine you and make you remove it.

there are manmade dunes (bags filled with sand, sometimes burlap) on fire island that anyone driving down the beach could see and take.

Also, on fire island the national seashore (federal) can enforce sandbagging or anything that starts to involve the shoreline, erosion etc. but the national seashore doesn't work/cover/have anything to do with Jones Island, oak beach.

They don't get Floods, at least I don't remember any Flooding. It's a good question.

I am struck by the parallels between the way this guy left the house and the way Shannon Gilbert left...though I can't think of anything other than drugs that would connect them.

I was struck by that parallel as well, Carbuff.

One thing I think we should keep in mind regarding SG is that the only versions of the events that occured inside the house come from JB (her John) and MP (her driver). I see no reason what so ever to take at face value anything either of those 2 say. Both were involved in illegal activities that night...both have very good reasons to lie. And to corroborate one another's stories.

jmo

They don't get Floods, at least I don't remember any Flooding. It's a good question.

Parts of inland Babylon and Lindenhurst have had a few floodings in the 80s and 90s, mostly due to either hurricanes or northeastern storms.
Back in the early 90s I remember helping my friend in Babylon get the water out of his houses' flooded basement. I can't forget the sight of someone canoeing down his street

I have 2 maps, one with just the locales confirmed to be connected to this case, and one with the locales of this case along with the locales of possible other victims. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to screen cap. (sigh) The map Carbuff posted a few days back is really good, though. Maybe she can relink it so everyone can look at it again?

This one? Long Island body locations

I started at the Port Authority terminal, went past Melissa Barthelemey's address in the Bronx, and then mapped all the found locations for Long Island female bodies that were either strangled and/or dismembered, whether identified or not. The earliest ones go back to 1994. The source was mostly this Long Island Press article: http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/ . It does NOT include missing people.

If anybody knows of any more that should be added, let me know.

I know a few Johns pay working girls to "party" with them, no sex involved, because most of the time, the Johns have nobody to "party" with. since they keep their drug activities secret from friends and family.
Long Island's own SK, Robert Shulman smoked crack with his victims before killing them.

Some working girls will give the Johns cheaper rates or go out with them for free if the right drugs are provided.

I get the feeling both incidents probably involved God-only-knows-what-type of drugs..

Which one of the two is more likely. LE has good Intel maybe even building a Case against a Suspect or hasn't got a Clue who's involved. If they have a Suspect LE isn't going show any of their cards. No Suspect I would think LE would use the media/press to shake things up. I can't figure it out.

if you are a homeowner and storm/erosion is threathening your home, you are allowed to do it yourself. otherwise you will need permission (not easy to get) The DEC fines people for mucking with the beaches. You can't go sticking in a dock, pole or bulkhead wherever you want the DEC will fine you and make you remove it.

there are manmade dunes (bags filled with sand, sometimes burlap) on fire island that anyone driving down the beach could see and take.

Also, on fire island the national seashore (federal) can enforce sandbagging or anything that starts to involve the shoreline, erosion etc. but the national seashore doesn't work/cover/have anything to do with Jones Island, oak beach.

I have worked some private erosion control projects at properties on the barrier beaches here in NY. you would be able to use burlap sandbags because it breaks down over time, isn't permanent or harmful to the enviro. We are also allowe to use something called a "corelog" for bayside erosion control. They are basically manufactured tubes of coconut fiber wrapped and wooven in a burlap like tube. allowable for same reason as burlap sand bags.
images attached.

Attachments

• corelogs.jpg
    corelogs.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 420x316-alg_eral_sandbags.jpg
    420x316-alg_eral_sandbags.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 19
  • burlap sandbags top - not NY.jpg
    burlap sandbags top - not NY.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 17
This one? Long Island body locations

I started at the Port Authority terminal, went past Melissa Barthelemey's address in the Bronx, and then mapped all the found locations for Long Island female bodies that were either strangled and/or dismembered, whether identified or not. The earliest ones go back to 1994. The source was mostly this Long Island Press article: http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/ . It does NOT include missing people.

If anybody knows of any more that should be added, let me know.

Great map, Carbuff. The only thing I might suggest is changing the color of the pushpins for the locations of the bodies were don't know for a fact are connected with the 4 known bodies. Just to help separate them visually from the bodies we know are connected to this case, kwim?

(Rushing to go into town...sorry if my thoughts are clear.)

I think it is unlikely a john would be a heroin addict, or on any drugs except cocaine maybe, maybe a couple of beers. Heroin addicts spend their money on heroin, not prostitutes. Heroin makes people uninterested in sex, and makes some men impotent, or at least it takes a long time for them to get aroused (too expensive). I tend to believe the john got scammed.

it would be helpful to know when this bing maps truck photo is from. it could be post december 10th 2010 (part of the investigation and useless).

that being said, I have a house on fire island, and have lived and worked there in the OFF and ON season. I know well all of the trucks that travel on fire island (National Seashore Dept, DEC, utility companies (LIPA, Verizon, etc) there is a police truck (f250 xlt with cap) that cruises the beach and is outfitted with lifeguard style wooden stretcher (wood board w/ handles), shovels, tow equipment, shovels etc. setup for standard beach emergency situations. I dont know if jones island has their own one of these or not. the SCPD would use the robert moses bridge to travel from mainland to fire island, jones island etc. the truck on the bing map doesn't seem to have the suffolk county police blue stripe, but I can't be sure from that image. But by the shape/dimensions I am confident that it is in fact the same specs as the ford f250 xlt police truck. I think the DEC may have the same model truck, and I have no idea what trucks the coast guard use down at their station at robert moses.

If I was forced to guess right now, I would say that the truck in the bing photo isn't the SCPD (colors not apparant), it's certainly not National Seashore, I have yet to see a utility truck with that spec, so I would say that it could be DEC as I know they favor plain white trucks. Or simply someone who volunteers or wants to drive the truck that looks official in the area.

volunteer fire/emergency person may drive something of that calibur. (images of similar truck attached)
And yes, Mr Hyde used to volunteer with the Point Lookout/Lido Beach fire department in 2000 confirmed by supreme court documents.

I'm struggling to ignore the correlation between what I read in the recent NY Times article: and a career in emergency medicine.
If you enjoy witnessing the suffering of others a job in emergency medicine suits you well. I can't mention the details of the 2 (found) malpractice suits I mentioned on an earlier post, but they were claiming the defendant was intentionally not helping the victims (minors). the case also documents Mr Hyde's prior stay in a drug rehabilitation center.

that's all for today...

The type of camper cap/shell we shoud be looking at on the trucks in called an A CLASS camper shell. It fits the exact shape of the truck on the photo.

I think it is unlikely a john would be a heroin addict, or on any drugs except cocaine maybe, maybe a couple of beers. Heroin addicts spend their money on heroin, not prostitutes. Heroin makes people uninterested in sex, and makes some men impotent, or at least it takes a long time for them to get aroused (too expensive). I tend to believe the john got scammed.

Most Johns "party" with coke, meth and crack and probably things that i don't know about.
Some usually mix and match different drugs and alcohol, in combinations that can make people paranoid.
Still, i agree.. i do believe that a scam was being run out of that house

Parts of inland Babylon and Lindenhurst have had a few floodings in the 80s and 90s, mostly due to either hurricanes or northeastern storms.
Back in the early 90s I remember helping my friend in Babylon get the water out of his houses' flooded basement. I can't forget the sight of someone canoeing down his street

When I hear Sandbags I get the picture of what many Towns go through. The Whole Town is under H2O, evacuate. I think it's due to the Geography and decent Sewer system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni