NY-LI-4 bodies on Beach-Possible SK-12/10-All id'd,4 more found 3/11 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
however, would this info be available from CL? or does it just poof?? ((just wondering how tech savy of a perp we have here.. also could show age))

I have no idea. I am not tech savvy at all. Shoot, I just learned how to edit a post on this board the other day. lol

Hi all, I've been reading and decided to respond for the first time today. Thanks to all for letting me be a part of this community.

I think, if the AC murders are related, they were probably his first in the line of serials. I suspect he strolled the "track", which is the area a block off the boardwalk where girls work. It is very easy to drive down the road and pick up a girl off the street. I think he probably told the girls he would pay for an hour or more and asked to go to a hotel. The Golden Key is about a 10 minute drive from the boardwalk, and is known to be a place for prostitutes, addicts etc. I believe he killed the girls either at the hotel or nearby and began to dispose of them behind the hotel, because he realized he was able to hide them without being discovered. And being that sort of motel it is, people were unlikely to ask questions or even notice. After discovery of the bodies and ensuing media, I believe he evolved in the sense where he discovered outcall services on craigslist, and combined with using prepaid cell phones, he could severely limit his risks of exposure. He also probably found more confidence in being on his home turf, and this felt he could hide the bodies better than he did in AC. His evolution, combined with his confidence, gave him the sick idea of calling one vic's little sister and taunting her.

I believe he is NOT LE, but rather someone who fits in well in all forms of society, i.e. wealthy, blue collar etc.. He is probably single or divorced, but is active and known in the community. I suspect he makes a good living and has a good, steady career, but probably not one that is often remembered or noteworthy. This is his pleasure, something that is entirely his, and he feels empowered by it. Once he first committed the inital murder (whenever that was) he couldn't stop doing it. And eventually over time, he created his own sick game out of it, all for his own pleasure.

As people have posted earlier, I think the keys to finding him are:

1. The ID of the child found today, it is alot easier to ID and track a missing child than a prostitute. Why the change? Wrong place, wrong time, or something planned?

2. The burlap, hiding multiple bodies in burlap, requires either the purchase or aquiring burlap sacks from somewhere. where did they come from?

3. SG, perhaps the reason LE has not found her, is because she is the one who created all the witnesses, media, and led to the police. In recognizing SG created witnesses and was able to briefly escape and call 911, the SK wanted to make sure no one ever found her. He put her somewhere other than with the rest.

4. Police have been quoted as saying once he makes a mistake he will be caught. I believe he has already made that mistake, LE just need to connect it with the case. it will be something seen as previously miniscule, but will lead them to the SK.

Welcome!

I agree with everything in your post.

Welcome NJGuy, well thought out first post, my theory is in line with you in that I too think once the first killing was done, he could not stop himself from the next. I think the first may have been accidental (went too far) and that "flicked the switch". I also think the reason for his moving to a new territory was the media attention, thus we cannot dump where we have previously, too much attention now being paid there.

Look forward to more of your thoughts in days to come.

BTW, I think you are on the money, the mistake has already been made but so far has not been detected or connected by LE. Once it is, it will all become clear.

Hi, NurseBeeMe. I assume that it was Melissa who lived in New York City and was stalked, not her sister.

One poster suggested that Melissa was unusually pretty and that perhaps her sister resembled her. Perhaps her sister had given an interview or at least her name had been mention somewhere.

I don't think that the taunts of serial killers make my sense to normal people. Like this monster, "Son of Sam" David Berkowitz shouted that one of his group's victim was a *advertiser censored*.

I think that the discovery of the bodies will stop the killings for the time being, but I honestly don't think that the case will be solved anytime soon. I hope that I am wrong.
I meant to say that the victim was stalked. Not her sister. ((although I personally consider the phone calls to be stalkish in nature and also they standout in terms of the other now 10 victims in nature... so why?))

Hi all, I've been reading and decided to respond for the first time today. Thanks to all for letting me be a part of this community.

I think, if the AC murders are related, they were probably his first in the line of serials. I suspect he strolled the "track", which is the area a block off the boardwalk where girls work. It is very easy to drive down the road and pick up a girl off the street. I think he probably told the girls he would pay for an hour or more and asked to go to a hotel. The Golden Key is about a 10 minute drive from the boardwalk, and is known to be a place for prostitutes, addicts etc. I believe he killed the girls either at the hotel or nearby and began to dispose of them behind the hotel, because he realized he was able to hide them without being discovered. And being that sort of motel it is, people were unlikely to ask questions or even notice. After discovery of the bodies and ensuing media, I believe he evolved in the sense where he discovered outcall services on craigslist, and combined with using prepaid cell phones, he could severely limit his risks of exposure. He also probably found more confidence in being on his home turf, and this felt he could hide the bodies better than he did in AC. His evolution, combined with his confidence, gave him the sick idea of calling one vic's little sister and taunting her.

I believe he is NOT LE, but rather someone who fits in well in all forms of society, i.e. wealthy, blue collar etc.. He is probably single or divorced, but is active and known in the community. I suspect he makes a good living and has a good, steady career, but probably not one that is often remembered or noteworthy. This is his pleasure, something that is entirely his, and he feels empowered by it. Once he first committed the inital murder (whenever that was) he couldn't stop doing it. And eventually over time, he created his own sick game out of it, all for his own pleasure.

As people have posted earlier, I think the keys to finding him are:

1. The ID of the child found today, it is alot easier to ID and track a missing child than a prostitute. Why the change? Wrong place, wrong time, or something planned?

2. The burlap, hiding multiple bodies in burlap, requires either the purchase or aquiring burlap sacks from somewhere. where did they come from?

3. SG, perhaps the reason LE has not found her, is because she is the one who created all the witnesses, media, and led to the police. In recognizing SG created witnesses and was able to briefly escape and call 911, the SK wanted to make sure no one ever found her. He put her somewhere other than with the rest.

4. Police have been quoted as saying once he makes a mistake he will be caught. I believe he has already made that mistake, LE just need to connect it with the case. it will be something seen as previously miniscule, but will lead them to the SK.

Great theory but you need to be aware of an important fact:

He holds onto the bodies for a while before dumping them. He must have access to a freezer big enough to hold a couple of them at least. He murders them in a place where he is extremely comfortable that he will not be disturbed or discovered, and where he could preserve and live out his fantasy with the women in peace. A hotel roon will not provide this luxury especially as he his killing them and they are trying to fight and scream for their life.

Oh and this sicko has a garage that is attached to his house.

I meant to say that the victim was stalked. Not her sister. ((although I personally consider the phone calls to be stalkish in nature and also they standout in terms of the other now 10 victims in nature... so why?))

Hi, Nursebeeme, thanks for the response. I agree with you about the ghoulish phone calls being stalking.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard, I appreciate it and look forward to more discussions.

Anyway, as for the sister and the phone call, I am incline to believe Melissa trusted him at some point, and they began a conversation. Often, Johns will typically divulge personal information and share parts of their lives. I suspect he gained her trust and eventually got Melissa to open up about her life and talk about her family, past etc.. This eventually gave him the idea to call her sister and begin to taunt her to increase the stakes in his game. The other victims probably did not share too much personal information, thus he could not acquire the same knowledge as with Melissa. I also believe it was him who called SG's family pretending to be the Dr.

It is also very easy to find outcall services on craigslist and dial the number directly without emailing the girl, making it nearly impossible for LE to trace, especially bc he used prepaid phones. These ads often say no emails, texts, or blocked numbers etc., requiring Johns to call them directly.

Thanks for your reply, I would say that he does have the girls go to his house with the outcall girls. I do have one question however, is it known if he kept them for a while, or is that just a theory because of the various states of decomposition? Meaning, did he keep them or is it impossible to tell how long they've been dead and lying outside because of the decomposition states? My inclination is to believe he kills them and dumps soon thereafter, and the burlap probably helps preserve the bodies for at least a little while, but eventually the elements and nature make it difficult to tell when each girl was acutally killed and disposed of....I could certainly be way off base though

Here's something I can't just seem to make add up. SG flees the billionaire's house, knocks on the neighbor's door, screaming "they're trying to kill me!". Neighbor says she appears whacked out or high. Okay fine. Perhaps it really is just a strange coincidence that SG flee's in terror from the house, and bodies just happen to turn up near that house. Perhaps she got mad or flipped out because she didn't want to leave and the billionaire called the driver to come get her. Hard to say. But what I don't get is this: her driver picked her up, correct? So the last person we know of who saw her was not the "billionaire" but SG's driver. Then she just turns up missing? Too odd. We're to believe she freaks out about people trying to kill her, on a beach where bodies just happen to turn up, she makes it out of there with her driver, and then she disappears (and is possibly murdered by someone else)? That really stretches the imagination, doesn't it? Just leaves me with a ton of questions.

As for the choice of burlap to wrap some of the bodies...I think that was chosen because it matches the terrain. Doesn't immediately stand out like a black or white trash bag would. The brush/sand is tan or beige, burlap is tan or beige. Harder to see. JMO

Hi MK, Yesterday on Geraldo, Shannan's sister said when Gus told her he was going to call police she ran away. Then Sherre said Shannon knocked on the door and a lady answered the door, told Shannan she was going to call the police, looked over and Shannan was gone. Then the sister said someone must have grabbed her. That is pretty close to what she said.

IMO:

* We have 2 occasions where her knowing LE was going to be called was enough for her to run away from their homes.

* From all I've read/heard it is this lady whose door Shannan knocked on who was the last to see her, besides the person who took her. That would not be the driver, right? We don't know for sure he picked her up. His accounting was when he arrived at JB's house she was sitting in a chair on the phone.

We know she spent a total of 23 min w/ 911 in 2 calls on the phone herself and told them someone was trying to kill her or she was afraid for her life. Why then she bolted at the thought of 911 being called I don't know.

Maybe she thought the person after her was a cop.

We need to find out where the lady lived. I'm surprised Geraldo didn't question Sherre about the lady as I thought it was new info coming out. I don't remember reading about her. Does anyone?

I know... right Chanler? Why call this sister from the victim's cell phone numerous times ((not just once))...

I truly believe the identification of the child and further investigation into B can yield some useful clues as they are, insofar as we know, out of the ''''norm''' for this animal these were times where he could not control himself and went outside of 'safe from prosecution' zone.

I further think the access to burlap sacks could be helpful. We have not heard much on these sacks other than the material but what if there is more that we do not know? I pray there is more to nail this guy that we do not know. My own friend was a victim of a serial killer.... that is slightly off topic but notsomuch I guess. I want to see this person caught.

soon.

I want to know why, he only called Melissa Barthelemy's sister?
Why not the other victims families too?

I would be interested to know if the calls she received all came after Melissa being missing was made public....could there have been something her sister said or something he saw in her (if she was on tv at all) that made him want to call her specifically. Makes me wonder not only why not the other girl's families, but why Melissa's sister, instead of her mother, for instance?

jmo

burlap thoughts: ((le would know them by now if this were the case)) but burlap rice sacks from a chinese restaurant thrown in the dumpster.. would painted words have melted off now?

Thanks for your reply, I would say that he does have the girls go to his house with the outcall girls. I do have one question however, is it known if he kept them for a while, or is that just a theory because of the various states of decomposition? Meaning, did he keep them or is it impossible to tell how long they've been dead and lying outside because of the decomposition states? My inclination is to believe he kills them and dumps soon thereafter, and the burlap probably helps preserve the bodies for at least a little while, but eventually the elements and nature make it difficult to tell when each girl was acutally killed and disposed of....I could certainly be way off base though

According to some news reports from this passed weekend, (and there are links posted in this thread) it has been stated that he holds onto them for a spell. Especially with the AC case, all four were killed within 30 days. The rate of decomposition of the oldest body did not match the length of time the victim was deceased nor did it match the expected level of decomposition had it been exposed to the elements for 30 days.

I would be interested to know if the calls she received all came after Melissa being missing was made public....could there have been something her sister said or something he saw in her (if she was on tv at all) that made him want to call her specifically. Makes me wonder not only why not the other girl's families, but why Melissa's sister, instead of her mother, for instance?

jmo
not sure but they were in the days immediately following her being missing

http://abcnews.go.com/US/long-island-serial-killer-calls-sister-melissa-barthelemy/story?id=13346276

this video says that they have many persons of interest including two who are ((related to)) law enforcement

I inserted ((that)) as I can not possibly see how they are asserting that (in terms of news interview)

looks like 2 more sets of remains have been found..... that makes the number now 10

"police on Long Island discovered human remains in two places along Ocean Parkway, just miles from the stretch of the roadway in Suffolk County where investigators have discovered eight bodies"

Regarding phone calls to sister...perhaps since he has Melissa's phone there were pics on there and he took a liking to her. We all have pics of our family/kids on our phones now a days. Just a thought.
Also regarding him making calls in Times Square. There should be LOTS of places with video around there, lets hope they keep it for a long time now...

One last thing, I do not believe he is a policeman, expoliceman, detective etc... But I do think it's entirely possible he is an EMT or something along those lines. A career such as that would give him knowledge of investigative techniques, without directly raising suspicion of being a cop as well. Also, that could help to explain the SG 911 call/mystery as well. It would also probably put him in contact with local doctors, and he could easily interact within the community without being seen as suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle