NY NY - Linda Lou Bowen, 41, Hell's Kitchen, 1988

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Mara_White, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:59 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_White

Mara_White New Member

I need help locating a unreported missing or a missing missing person who hasn't been seen by anyone in her family since 1988. Her name is Linda Lou Bowen 8/1/1947 and she ran away from home (Columbus, Ohio) in 1965 and had no continued contact with her nuclear family after that date. She ended up in New York City and worked as a prostitute in and around Times Square. Over the course of the next twenty years, she had five children, all five with different and unknown paternities. Over time, all children were removed by social services and have recently connect via ancestry.com Her oldest two girls visited her living in an SRO in Hell's Kitchen (NYC) in 1988 when they were 18 and 19.

Today, if alive, she would be 71 years old. Her eldest daughter was brutally murdered in a case that went cold for 23 years and was solved in 2012. I'm in the process of writing a true crime novel about the family, but it would be amazing to find her to get answers and gain closure for the family. The last photo anyone has of her was taken in high school. I'll post it here and if anyone has suggestions for age progression sites/services--that would be helpful too. Thank you!

Imgur

Attached Files:

jessr927 and dotr like this.
  2. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Unfortunately without an msm or le or missing report case this thread can not stay open for discussion. If someone can provide a source, please inform / report and the thread will open

dotr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.