Found Safe NY - Lindsey Wozniak, Missing, Clarence *Endangered*

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Erie County Sheriff's Office searching for missing woman last seen in March

1656527029437.png

CLARENCE, N.Y. (WKBW) — The Erie County Sheriff's Office is searching for an endangered missing woman last seen in March.

Lindsey Wozniak, 31, of Clarence was last believed seen in the City of Buffalo, according to Sheriff John Garcia.

Wozniak has been missing since March, but Sheriff Garcia indicated that a missing person's complaint had not been filed for her until Monday, June 27.

Wozniak is described as 5' 4" and weighing about 200 pounds. She has tattoos on her left shoulder and on her left forearm (reading "Faith"), and has a nose piercing.

Anyone who sees Wozniak or knows where she may be can call the Erie County Sheriff's Office at 716-858-2903.

NYanon

Reaction score
I wonder if this why State Police were searching in Clarence, when they discovered the (18-year-old, female, local to Clarence area) body on 28 June 2022. (A few reports local to that area seemed confusing, as to whether the Missing Persons search had resulted in the discovery, or somehow stemmed from that). State Police have updated they have id'd that body.

I wonder why there was such a gap between the date she (Lyndsey Wozniak) went missing and the date of report filed. Hopefully, she's found safe, soon.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
Poster with additional photo and information

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-180134_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220629-180134_Gallery.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
I wonder why there was such a gap between the date she (Lyndsey Wozniak) went missing and the date of report filed. Hopefully, she's found safe, soon.
Her mom tried to file a report and they wouldn't make the report according to her. A local missing persons advocate/group helped her try again. As of last week, her mom said she was still waiting to hear back from a detective. Looks like just today they finally did a report.

As more info as to the circumstances according to what her mother has said while trying to get help and locate her without the official missing persons report, her mom says last contact with Lindsey was via a phone and a man's voice was heard saying "I'm with her now" and then the phone cut off and nobody's been in contact with her since.

NYanon

Reaction score
Her mom tried to file a report and they wouldn't make the report according to her. A local missing persons advocate/group helped her try again. As of last week, her mom said she was still waiting to hear back from a detective. Looks like just today they finally did a report.

As more info as to the circumstances according to what her mother has said while trying to get help and locate her without the official missing persons report, her mom says last contact with Lindsey was via a phone and a man's voice was heard saying "I'm with her now" and then the phone cut off and nobody's been in contact with her since.

That must be so difficult and frustrating (obligatory 'if that is what happened'). It will be interesting to hear law enforcement give the reasoning behind the refusal / delay. The phonecall seems unsettling, but reconsidering, I'd like to believe if that is what was said that it was a friend or other loved one, reassuring that she's ok.

Do you know if there is any update on her last known location? Anything more specific than "Buffalo"? Any possible yet still unconfirmed sightings or contact since then? Circumstances?

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
"She has a double heart tattoo you make with your hands". (From the flyer). -- Any clarification as to what this means?
trendy-gesture-heart-made-with-hands-vector-30047618.jpg
This is what I imagine what I read that but I'm not 100% sure what the double means like if there's two of those or..?

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
I've seen one that had two hearts point to point, with one pair of hands being hers and the other being his.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
Do you know if there is any update on her last known location? Anything more specific than "Buffalo"? Any possible yet still unconfirmed sightings or contact since then? Circumstances?
Her mom had said East side then the organization that was helping her posted her last known location as Box/ central terminal area. Then her mom said she "heard she was near Strauss street"

Circumstances were she was on the phone with mom sometime in March and she heard a man's voice say "I'm with her now" and then the phone hung up and she hasn't heard from her since.

***Everything past this point is my own speculation*** her mom didn't give more details but I'm wondering if Lindsey leads a kind of lifestyle were she's maybe not in a stable place or is often out of contact. This would explain why mom wasn't immediately concerned and perhaps why law enforcement supposedly refused to open a missing persons case initially. Also, the fact that her mom heard rumors of a location coupled with the man she heard in the background I seriously wonder if Lindsey is "okay" but is somehow trapped in a precarious situation she can't get out of or even held against her will.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220629-205503_Chrome.jpg
Another photo of Lindsey. Her mom posted it but not sure how old the photo is. Good to have another angle though,. She looks different to me in each photo.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score

This post has more info about last known locations and possible sightings. This is posted the local advocate group helping her mom.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
Full body photo from facebook. I feel like this one gives a really good idea of what she looks like.
Screenshot_20220629-211752_Photo Editor.jpg

NYanon

Reaction score
An arrest a few years back for endangering a child Deputies rescue baby by smashing window of car and a recent court appearance for criminal possession of a controlled substance. (New York Penal Law 220.03). https://www.assigned.org/criminal-courts/for-the-courts/assignment-reports/ That's about all I could find on here. Hopefully she is safe somewhere, just not in contact.

Thank you for the additional information.
Would these other locations also be potential places to look for her (Newstead, Cheektowaga)?

According to the data from the second link, would it be reasonable to understand that she has been considered Missing since before her scheduled court appearance in April (after early March arraignment)? If that were so, would l.e. have had any responsibility or incentive {sorry, can't think of a better word} to have tried to locate her (before 27 June 2022)? Thank you for direction to that resource, btw.

View attachment 351895
This is what I imagine what I read that but I'm not 100% sure what the double means like if there's two of those or..?

Basically, i had wondered the same (but was a bit more confused).

I've seen one that had two hearts point to point, with one pair of hands being hers and the other being his.

So, one heart (two hands making that shape) right side up and one heart (two other hands making the shape) beneath that, upside down, with their pointy ends touching in between?

NYanon

Reaction score
Her mom had said East side then the organization that was helping her posted her last known location as Box/ central terminal area. Then her mom said she "heard she was near Strauss street"

Circumstances were she was on the phone with mom sometime in March and she heard a man's voice say "I'm with her now" and then the phone hung up and she hasn't heard from her since.

***Everything past this point is my own speculation*** her mom didn't give more details but I'm wondering if Lindsey leads a kind of lifestyle were she's maybe not in a stable place or is often out of contact. This would explain why mom wasn't immediately concerned and perhaps why law enforcement supposedly refused to open a missing persons case initially. Also, the fact that her mom heard rumors of a location coupled with the man she heard in the background I seriously wonder if Lindsey is "okay" but is somehow trapped in a precarious situation she can't get out of or even held against her will.

Thank you for adding the location details. As for 'circumstances' (ty for posting again in case they were missed in the previous post), i think maybe "context" was more what i was wondering, which has now been added a bit. Appreciated

Your opinion, IMO, seems reasonable -- only that it seems her mother did try to have her officially filed Missing sooner. I'm not sure anyone has shared how much sooner that was. It's very interesting to me that allegedly L.E. refused to even officially file, but now she is not only officially Missing, but Endangered (according to a news report). I wonder if the difference is in unreleased information, if they were different L.E. agencies / departments / individuals, or the advocacy and intervention. Maybe some combination. Hopefully, she's in her circumstances fully willingly; i think your scenario, where she's still 'ok', but maybe in a careful situation, seems like the next best thing.

(My opinions above are only my opinions).

carbuff

Reaction score
Website
www.colealicem.com
So, one heart (two hands making that shape) right side up and one heart (two other hands making the shape) beneath that, upside down, with their pointy ends touching in between?

Yes, except they were oriented horizontally, so one heart on each shoulder blade with the points meeting at her spine.

I doubt it was LW though. Much thinner woman, also much younger.

AutumnAkasha

Reaction score
Your opinion, IMO, seems reasonable -- only that it seems her mother did try to have her officially filed Missing sooner. I'm not sure anyone has shared how much sooner that was.
I'm not sure when her mom first tried to make a report but she started posting her daughters photo and asking if anyone had seen her on Facebook on June 9th. At least this is when the public posts and posts to groups start. This is why I say it doesn't seem she was immediately panicked because it was so many weeks/months later when she started publicly asking for help. I'd imagine that if that phone call and not hearing from her for a bit after that was so extraordinary she'd have been posting sooner. My assumption/theory is that this gap of now 2-3 months was just way too much beyond what she'd typically go and unable to get ahold of her or track her down began to sound the alarm.

As for being listed endangered, I'm very curious about that too. If that's solely based on the strange last phone call or something more.

NYanon

Reaction score
Another article referring to her as "Endangered"; attributes this description to the Erie County Sheriff's Office.

Might give traction to the idea that part of the difference in l.e. reaction is due to different agencies. That is only my opinion; I'm not sure if her mother attempted to file with more than one agency. Is there anything that says Niagara County considers her Endangered, too?

Edit: The first article (first post) in thread also describes her as Endangered, and also cites Erie County Sheriffs as the l.e.a. that is concerned.

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

CLARENCE, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Clarence woman who was missing since March has been found, and authorities say she was living out of state.

Lindsey Wozniak, 31, was believed to have last been seen in Buffalo, but it’s not clear where she was found. The Sheriff’s Office says her family has been notified that she was found.