NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Huffington Post
Long Island Serial Killer Is Seasonal
Visitor, Expert Scott Bonn Contends
David Lohr
02/21/12
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/serial-killer-expert-dr-scott-bonn_n_1290683.html

"I believe that there is one killer that is haunting Long Island, and I believe there is a really good chance he is a seasonal visitor," said Dr. Scott A. Bonn, a serial killer expert and assistant professor of sociology at Drew University.”

"[The killer] is intimately familiar with the area and comfortable with it. I think there is a very good chance that he grew up in the area," Bonn added.”

There have been small cell phone stores that have gone out of businessin the last few years in eastern long island. What would happen to their records. Would anyone realize they had been there a few years ago?

There have been small cell phone stores that have gone out of businessin the last few years in eastern long island. What would happen to their records. Would anyone realize they had been there a few years ago?
Hi still! I'm not sure what happens to their records. I would think the owner might keep them for tax purposes.

Hello ,Snowstar! But does anyone in le realize the places that might have sold the isposable cell phones were there a couple of years ago? They were not the AT&T or Verizon main stores ..

Hi all,
Have we started a discussion about the two remaining uid bodies on OP? Pls forgive me if we have - I'm still catching up!
tia

gather

Serial Killings or Not? Police Can't
Figure it Out
by Chelsea Hoffman
March 13, 2012 09:40 AM EDT
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981184720

“Is the Long Island Serial Killer real or could the slayings of several women in the region the work of several people? The new head of the Suffolk Police seems to think that multiple killers are responsible, contradicting the last theory of a predator who stalks victims for hobby. It seems odd that the law enforcement in this area can't seem to come up with a theory and stick to it, while seemingly refusing to acknowledge the need for FBI assistance.”

Has anyone been to the actual site where the body was found? I have driven past the site multiple times but I have yet to work up the testicles to stop and walk in. I think I am going to take a field trip there in the next month or so (before all the ticks and poson ivy....I figure I am not match for the ticks and poison ivy because it shut down the SCPD and a serial killer investigation). Anything in particular you guys would like me to look for? I will bring my camera (amongst other things that fit in my waistband) and try to snap some photos.

LINative, Truthspider mentioned going to Manorville just the other day, and I have been considering checking out the Gilgo Beach and/or Manorville area lately. I wonder if any others would be interested in going on a field trip.

A field trip eh? What did you want to look for at the Gilgo area? My main reason for going to SG site is to see how navigable that trail I see from Ocean Parkway is. I want to see for myself how wet the marsh really is. Even though we have not had much precipitation; the evidence of flooding is pretty easy to see.

A field trip eh? What did you want to look for at the Gilgo area? My main reason for going to SG site is to see how navigable that trail I see from Ocean Parkway is. I want to see for myself how wet the marsh really is. Even though we have not had much precipitation; the evidence of flooding is pretty easy to see.

I wanted to do something similar as well as walk the route that SG reportedly took and note things like how far homes were to where she was on that day. I agree that evidence of flooding should be easy to see. For example, species growing in the marsh should all be species that like to keep their feet wet. Plus, the dirt should look different from the dirt higher up.

Ah, You Luckies! lol Wish I could fly out from Oregon to join you.

I was thinking if you wait five weeks you will encounter similar conditions as to the early morning Shannan went missing, right? I'd love to read your report.

Proactive activity in Sleuthing cases is always so helpful IMO.

Ah, You Luckies! lol Wish I could fly out from Oregon to join you.

I was thinking if you wait five weeks you will encounter similar conditions as to the early morning Shannan went missing, right? I'd love to read your report.

Proactive activity in Sleuthing cases is always so helpful IMO.

Awe, scandi. It would be nice if you could come. I think your idea go in the early morning hours at the same time of year is very good!

You Sweetie, Every time I hear of someone or something from LI my eyes and ears perk up.

This weekend I saw the Pit Stop featured and I wondered if the SK eats there. LOLOLOL From inside the restaurant there is a clear view of everything outside due to lots of windows. I am so bad, but really, they make everything from scratch and it is a great place acc to Guy, the host.

I wanted to do something similar as well as walk the route that SG reportedly took and note things like how far homes were to where she was on that day. I agree that evidence of flooding should be easy to see. For example, species growing in the marsh should all be species that like to keep their feet wet. Plus, the dirt should look different from the dirt higher up.

the best time to do this would be when it gets closer to may.then all the car buffs will be at the oak beach park on sunday mornings and you can leave your cars there without worrying about looking suspicious.only thing is you cant walk into the oak beach community,it is gated and there are cameras,not that you would have to worry about those since they erase everything on them!also it is along walk down to the gate from the park.just an fyi!

the best time to do this would be when it gets closer to may.then all the car buffs will be at the oak beach park on sunday mornings and you can leave your cars there without worrying about looking suspicious.only thing is you cant walk into the oak beach community,it is gated and there are cameras,not that you would have to worry about those since they erase everything on them!also it is along walk down to the gate from the park.just an fyi!

Thank you Jenny9:).

The gates are for cars. There is nothing stopping a person from walking the streets or riding a bike through them.

I am not too worried about blending in or gates or anything. I was going to have a friend drop me off on Ocean Parkway and go in through the trail (because that is what I am most interested in)....then when I wanted to get the hell out of there I would call him up and get picked up (can you tell I have a military background?LOL) I would actually prefer not to be seen. I will probably throw my gopro camera around my neck and another camera for still shots. Then after I do my nosing around in there; I will return at a later date for a bike ride through the town. I know a couple of people that live there who I can drop there name if I encounter the OB police. And by OB police I mean the guy who puts the light on his car like a jerkoff.

LINative13--that would be fantastic if you'd go and look around where Shannon's body was found and the general area-as well as taking lots of pics! I'd be interested to see the path in and how it looks. Also would like to see more photos of the actual scene where she was found. I wonder how much brush was cut down by the police in that area? I wish I had some advice on how to best avoid ticks other than wear plenty of clothing to cover up. Great idea scandi to go around the time Shannon disappeared!

relay--I like your idea of walking the route that Shannon alledgedly took along with taking pics. Please be very careful, I'd recommend going with somebody else because of the drainage ditches--here's a video by Stuart Cameron of the Suffolk Co. Police talking about them at around 1:57 :

http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/9617

Here is a picture of their locations along with the approximate areas circled. I roughly cross referenced the belongings using houses on the map of where she and her belongings were found, which is more from the side of the area rather than directly above it. As you can see, there are a quite a few of these drainage ditches. I found it interesting that her belongings were found close to an "intersection" of the ditches. After watching the video again, it probably would be too dangerous to try to walk through there unless it hasn't rained much.

DrainageDitchesinRelationtoShannonsBelongingsandBody_2920.jpg

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with from the area!

Thank you alaskan blue. I'll be cautious, and I prefer to to stay under the radar and not stand out. I may take jenny9's suggestion, too. I can go in May when the car buffs are about so I won't stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson