Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

The owner at Frank & Mary's was on high alert the day she went missing and the first person to realize something was wrong when she had come to pick up her check. He has known her for several years.

M's story is not unique unfortunately. One of the reasons that you don't hear about this more often is, 1) they are found dead or, 2) they are not believed. Statistically, most women are killed by someone they know.

One of the interesting "statistics" that is bandied about by law enforcement is that most missing people chose to be missing. Has there been an actual study of this? I mean, how would one go about studying it? It seems like folklore. Like not covering a babies face in the wind causes colic or opening an umbrella indoors is bad luck.

M will be home later today. I am truly grateful she is alive.

The owner at Frank & Mary's was on high alert the day she went missing and the first person to realize something was wrong when she had come to pick up her check. He has known her for several years.

M's story is not unique unfortunately. One of the reasons that you don't hear about this more often is, 1) they are found dead or, 2) they are not believed. Statistically, most women are killed by someone they know.

One of the interesting "statistics" that is bandied about by law enforcement is that most missing people chose to be missing. Has there been an actual study of this? I mean, how would one go about studying it? It seems like folklore. Like not covering a babies face in the wind causes colic or opening an umbrella indoors is bad luck.

So happy that she will be home today. Many hugs and much love to her.

He sounds super dangerous. I hope LE is looking at any crimes he might have committed along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's to a wonderful reunion between mom and daughter. Be patient with yourselves and good to one another, and thanks for letting us be part of this ordeal, and the happy outcome as well.

Yes where he hangs up on the reporter. Also has information from Ms. Rand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a society, we don’t know how to deal with missing adults who have mental health issues or are under duress (but may not “act like it” in public). Even sympathetic police officers don’t have many options unless a crime is committed.

Some of the media reports suggest that Jon & M were communicating online for a few weeks before they met in person and she disappeared. Do you think that’s the case? Did he force her to reset & leave her phone? Do you think she sent the text messages about people being after her, or did he?

I’m glad she knows she had her family and friends behind her the entire time. That probably helped her determination to break free.

RSBM.

It's actually HIPAA. Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

I'm really glad that MH was found and hope she is able to recover quickly from her physical injuries. Mental injuries may take longer but it sounds like she has a good support system and her babies will probably help.

Thank you, "iliketotalk" for pointing out my typo. With all this family is going through, I'm confident that without your assistance, they wouldn't have been able to decipher my advice. I am eternally grateful to you!

607, I've been following you from the beginning and I am so happy you are being reunited with your daughter! I pray for all of you as you enter this stage of reuniting...but also healing. Hugs!

MH was back in NV last week to testify at the preliminary hearing. The DA presented several witnesses and their evidence. He was indicted and his bail was raised to $300K

I was told by her ex husband and two other people that MH told them that someone was after her, I was told that she was diagnosed with bipolar by three people, I was told that she wanted to kill herself by two people one who had a text msg that said she didn't want to live anymore...unless I could talk to her - I couldn't verify anything and I all I knew is none of this made sense.

MH said that she was diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic disorder, not bipolar. That is what she had told me at the time and I said so. If there was a chance that she was bipolar and maniac then I was obligated to put that out there. She has also since told me that she never told her ex husband anyone was after her and that he probably made that up - as he did other things. They were fighting at the time she went missing and thought he might be a suspect. When the police asked me then if I thought he had anything to do with it, my exact words were "No, he's not smart enough." He really isn't. As for the not wanting to live anymore texts, she said that she was having an emotional conversation about an incident earlier in the summer and the time when she left her husband.

To put this in perspective, I received literally hundreds of messages a day in the beginning. They ran the gamut, from well meaning people who believed they saw her in Buffalo or Washington DC, to not well meaning people looking for attention. I heard all kinds of wild theories. In order for any theory to make my list I had two requirements: 1. The person had to actually know her. 2. It had to make sense in the bigger context of her life.

Many tips & theories came from complete strangers. I figured out by the end of week one that there was an entire group of people with an agenda to prove this was not a kidnapping. I knew this because they were posting everywhere that "this was not a kidnapping!" Even though the only people talking about kidnapping at the time were them. They were smearing MH, someone none of them had met and why? It didn't make any sense then. It makes significantly more sense now. More will be revealed during the trial including how he plotted this out and who helped him.

Once NV is done with him, charges will be brought in CA and TX. JT was also wanted out of KY for a DWI accident that apparently left his passenger permanently disabled and forever breathing on a ventilator. So KY has said that when the other states are done with him, they would like him.

So glad that JT is facing consequences. Every new story is worse than the last. It sounds like you’ve had to deal with people who put self interest over finding a missing and endangered person. Thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes to MH as she recovers after such a terrifying ordeal.

Hi to everyone who has followed this thread. I just want to update everyone. JT plead to kidnapping and sexual assault. He was sentenced to 25 years. MH has struggled since returning home and has worsened anxiety & ptsd. I'd like to say that she is doing well, but this has been a shitshow.
I appreciated everyone's help on here and promised I'd come back. There is another women missing from Ithaca which is nearby here. She went missing three weeks before MH did and disappeared off the face of the earth. It's sad. I assume there is a thread already for her. Nicole Marranca is her name. It's been six months and her family who I have spoken to are just besides themselves. They live about three hours away, but have still come to do searches. I recommended this page so they may well be on here already.

Hi to everyone who has followed this thread. I just want to update everyone. JT plead to kidnapping and sexual assault. He was sentenced to 25 years. MH has struggled since returning home and has worsened anxiety & ptsd. I'd like to say that she is doing well, but this has been a shitshow.
I appreciated everyone's help on here and promised I'd come back. There is another women missing from Ithaca which is nearby here. She went missing three weeks before MH did and disappeared off the face of the earth. It's sad. I assume there is a thread already for her. Nicole Marranca is her name. It's been six months and her family who I have spoken to are just besides themselves. They live about three hours away, but have still come to do searches. I recommended this page so they may well be on here already.
Thank you for the update. I am glad that he will be away for quite a while!

I am sorry to hear that MH is struggling. Hopefully things will improve for her as time moves on. I also hope that you are also doing well. Prayers for MH and for you!

Here is the link to Nicole's thread. There isn't much activity but I will bump it to see if people will give it another look.
NY - NY - Nicole Marranca, 27, Ithaca, 18 August 2017

Wow. So often we follow threads but even when they end well, the victims are still very damaged. My heart is with yall. I'm glad she didn't have to go through trial and that he is off the streets. I will follow the other thread

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back