GUILTY NY - Maddox Lawrence, 21 mos, Syracuse, 20 February 2016

So she was killed in the home sometime between 4pm and 10pm then.

I hate him so much.

He didn't kill her at home. He took her to Tinker Falls, an area of a Labrador Hollow Unique Area, a NY State forest.

The article in this morning's paper is a bit too much for my taste, it seems to be excusing his behavior because he and his wife had financial strains. I don't quite understand how they had medical expenses since they probably qualified for child health insurance. I'm sure they had associates expenses due to driving to NY (it's a four or five hour drive) for the baby's medical treatments but it certainly isn't a motive for murder.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...money_and_her_h.html#incart_2box_poststandard

Ryan Lawrence's family said Friday they were heartbroken over the loss of Maddox, who was a ray of sunshine in their lives.

In the statement provided to Syracuse.com by Ryan's sister, Charissa Lawrence, they had a message for Ryan's wife: "We want Morgan to know that we simply can't articulate how much pain we feel for you, and our love for you is unwavering."

Ryan Lawrence's family is grappling to reconcile the loving, young father they knew with the man police say killed his daughter.

"What we saw of Ryan is that he loved Maddox immensely and so we are struggling to make sense out of this tragedy," they wrote. "But we are not successful and know that we will never be."

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/02/they_were_two_kids_strugglingmaddoxs_parents_were_stressed_about_money_and_her_h.html#

He didn't kill her at home. He took her to Tinker Falls, an area of a Labrador Hollow Unique Area, a NY State forest.

The article in this morning's paper is a bit too much for my taste, it seems to be excusing his behavior because he and his wife had financial strains. I don't quite understand how they had medical expenses since they probably qualified for child health insurance. I'm sure they had associates expenses due to driving to NY (it's a four or five hour drive) for the baby's medical treatments but it certainly isn't a motive for murder.

http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...money_and_her_h.html#incart_2box_poststandard

Tinker Falls

Brink_of_Tinker_Falls_Trail_Labrador_Hollow_Unique_Area_0063.jpg

From the above article:

"When Ryan Lawrence did the morning pastry deliveries for all the Freedom of Espresso stores around Syracuse, baby Maddox went with him. He'd never leave her in the car, said Anna Dobbs, the chain's owner.

Instead, he'd carry her with one arm and the boxes of sweets with the other. Then he'd put her back in her car seat, and dad and daughter would drive on to the next store as the sun rose."

and

"On Friday, Syracuse.com learned that Syracuse police had been called to deal with Lawrence more than once at least a year ago. State police spokesman Beau Duffy said details about those encounters alerted state police to his history of possible mental health issues.

Ryan Lawrence was never arrested as a result of those incidents, and Syracuse police provided no more information about them."

From the above article:

"When Ryan Lawrence did the morning pastry deliveries for all the Freedom of Espresso stores around Syracuse, baby Maddox went with him. He'd never leave her in the car, said Anna Dobbs, the chain's owner.

Instead, he'd carry her with one arm and the boxes of sweets with the other. Then he'd put her back in her car seat, and dad and daughter would drive on to the next store as the sun rose."

and

"On Friday, Syracuse.com learned that Syracuse police had been called to deal with Lawrence more than once at least a year ago. State police spokesman Beau Duffy said details about those encounters alerted state police to his history of possible mental health issues.

Ryan Lawrence was never arrested as a result of those incidents, and Syracuse police provided no more information about them."

And more:

"Somewhere in the park that surrounds the falls [in Tinker Falls park], Ryan Lawrence killed the toddler whose life he fought to save just a year earlier, said Fitzpatrick, the district attorney.

Then he drove, with her body in the car, to the Inner Harbor near where her mother was working. There, Ryan Lawrence dumped his daughter's body in the water, authorities believe."

And more:

"Somewhere in the park that surrounds the falls [in Tinker Falls park], Ryan Lawrence killed the toddler whose life he fought to save just a year earlier, said Fitzpatrick, the district attorney.

Then he drove, with her body in the car, to the Inner Harbor near where her mother was working. There, Ryan Lawrence dumped his daughter's body in the water, authorities believe."

I wondered when and where he burned her body.

So he does have a history of mental instability? Wonder what these incidents were about. Have we heard if there was any CPS involvment with the family at all?

My son has cancer andie treated about 20 miles away. We get paid for mileage to take him.

From everything I have read and heard I don't think there is a clear answer yet. It would be helpful to know though.

My son has cancer andie treated about 20 miles away. We get paid for mileage to take him.

I didn't know that mileage was reimbursed thank you.

Both of the parents are young and obviously hard workers. But as most of us would agree it's usually tough for young couples just starting out. They were trying to make a living and having an ill child is an added stressor. However, his reaction was obviously disproportionate. I can understand if he was depressed and stressed and suicidal, however, he wasn't suicidal he was homicidal and to hurt the child he was apparently a good father to just makes no sense.

I feel so sorry for Morgan and the pain she must be suffering. I also feel sympathy for both her and his family. They all sound like very caring people who are all dealing with loss and shock now. There are no easy answers. I'm not sure there will ever be answers that will make sense with this case.

I guess I misunderstood the felony complaint document then because it said that crime was committed at a specific address. When I googled it, it appears to be a house.

Not that I think health expenses are a reason for murder....but even with insurance, many people have high medical bills.

I wondered when and where he burned her body.

You are correct, the address on the document is a residential area. I don't know if that's the exact address of their home but I do know it's the street they live on. According to published reports, on Saturday he took her (alive) from the home and drove South to the forest area (it's a quiet, state conservation area) and killed her there. That's also where he attempted to burn her body. When burning didn't work (for whatever reason) he drove her back to the city and dropped her body into Onondaga creek, near the mall her mother works at. He weighted her body down, reports vary, as to whether it was with a cinder block, bricks or rocks.

The mother discovered RL and baby Maddox were gone on Saturday night when she returned from work. She notified police after seeing the message he left behind. An Amber alert was issued Sunday morning. He was spotted on Monday and he lead police to her body on Tuesday.

With the disguise and whatnot....I have a hard time believing he didn't know what he was doing. Hopefully he will be found fit to stand trial.

IMO, he not only knew what he was doing, he planned it.

Also, I believe he left the car for Maddox's mother so she could go 'look, find' Maddox and him in his old stumping grounds...Baldwinsville.

IMO, he not only knew what he was doing, he planned it.

Also, I believe he left the car for Maddox's mother so she could go 'look, find' Maddox and him in his old stumping grounds...Baldwinsville.

I also believe he had planned it. He had a book with him when he was caught but I can't remember the title - I remember it was something that would have helped him in his activities, I believe he also had some camping equipment. He was hiding out in a wooded area of Baldwinsville. I am not so sure she would have found him there. But, if you wanted to hide from the police why in the world would you hang out in the small town you grew up in????? Of course, if you were trying to hide you also wouldn't go into a store where people knew you wearing a ridiculous disguise of an wig, and a bandanna over your face (that's not obvious at all!) He called attention to himself in a place people were likely to know him.

I had read that he went into that thrift store because he wanted to buy a comforter. Makes sense if he was camping out he may have needed it to keep warm but I had read (but can't find the article) that he wanted to bury Maddox in the comforter. Now that doesn't make sense as she was already in the water; was he really going to dive in to retrieve her?

I think he's done a lot of these ridiculous things because he knew he would be caught and wanted to lay the groundwork for an insanity plea - JMO of course.

Very disturbing how 24-year-old Ryan is being called a kid by the local media.

Kid?! Give me a break. Sometimes the media just makes me so angry.

Just starting to read this case, but gosh this photo is gorgeous. Looks like such a calm peaceful place, that would restore the mind and body.

It is an area that has been undergoing a revival for the past few years. Onondaga Creek runs from the center of downtown to Onondaga Lake, a few miles away. Where it meets the lake is the location of Destiny Mall, a 'super' mall, we also have some eagles that nest there now. The Creek Walk is frequented by joggers and strollers. A very nice area indeed. Now the area will be forever tainted with a tragic memory for us locals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back