GUILTY NY - Massena, Female, partially wrapped, in woods, Aug 2014 - Lacey Yekel

I can barely follow the Topix thread. It's a mess. There's stuff about Lacey's mom being crazy and a drunk, some drama at the beginning about reposting the thread, something about black people and welfare, a spat about a guy named Mr. Flag - all within the first 3 pages. I feel like I just walked into the cinema 25 minutes into a movie and I have no idea what's going on.

You have to lose quite a few brain cells when you read this Topix.

Understand that until a few years ago there were very few African Americans here. They move here because when released from prison this is the cheapest place to house them.

It is well known that Lacey's mom is an addict and drunk.

Most folks are illiterate or near so.

Heroin is rampant.

I would suggest not going to this Topix, because you may suffer severe brain damage from trying to make sense of it.

It may be Lacey. I'm just waiting for the final report.

Now that we know it's Lacey, I'm seriously wondering if the people her mother was harassing really have something to do with it.

That news report was really hard to follow, was her body found near the backyard of the guy the mother harassed? Or was her body found near her mother's backyard? There was something about a backyard in that article...

Now that we know it's Lacey, I'm seriously wondering if the people her mother was harassing really have something to do with it.

That news report was really hard to follow, was her body found near the backyard of the guy the mother harassed? Or was her body found near her mother's backyard? There was something about a backyard in that article...

I thought it was the guy's back yard, but you're right that it wasn't very clear.

Jeremy Garnsey disappeared about 8 years ago in November from Lyons Falls, NY in Lewis County. He has not been found. He appeared on a missing persons list once but I can't find him again. He was about 21 I think. Just for your info.

Welcome to Northern New York, where the writing skills don't exist and brains don't matter. lol

Lacey was found behind the boyfriend's place.

Massena man arrested for 2014 murder of Lacey Yekel

"CANTON — It’s been almost four years since her body was found, and a Massena man has been charged with the 2014 murder of Lacey L. Yekel.

Christopher A. Hebert, 46, formerly of 14759 Route 37, now an inmate at the St. Lawrence County jail, pleaded not guilty to the unsealed indictment charging him with the A-I felony of second-degree murder in connection with Ms. Yekel’s death.

The indictment charges that on or about June 7, 2014 in St. Lawrence County, he intentionally caused the death of Ms. Yekel.

Ms. Yekel was last seen by her mother, Bonnie Sue Lamay of Massena, on June 4, 2014, but had not been reported missing prior to the discovery of the body. Her 25th birthday was Aug. 27, 2014.

Her body was found two days later.

While no details were made available as to how the alleged murder occurred or what would have led Hebert to kill her, Ms. Yekel’s body was found Aug. 29, 2014, after state police Bureau of Criminal Investigation and uniformed officers responded to a report of a partially wrapped body in a wooded area across the road from the NYSARC bottle redemption center in the Massena Industrial Park, just off Route 420...."

Massena man arrested for 2014 murder of Lacey Yekel

lacey%20yekel.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find him in St. Lawrence County - any court dates that anyone can find would be appreciated!

TIA!

Massena man accused of Lacey Yekel murder headed for Sept. 25 trial | NorthCountryNow

Christopher Hebert, 46, is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Lacey Yekel, who was 25 at the time she was killed.

Hebert’s trial will start Sept. 25, according to county court officials. Another trial is scheduled around the same time, and if it isn’t resolved before that date, Hebert will go in front of a jury on Oct. 23, court officials said.

On Sept. 4 at 1:30 p.m., there will be a hearing to determine what evidence will be admissible at trial.​

Tuesday, Sept. 4th:
*Status Hearing (@ ET) – NY – Lacey L. Yekel (25) (June 7, 2014; found Aug. 29, 2014) – Christopher A. Hebert (46) charged () with A-1 felony of 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bail.
8/19/18 Update: Status hearing on 9/4. Trial set to start 9/25, but there is another trial at the same time & if not resolved by 9/25, trial will start 10/23.

anyone know "when" he was charged?

Bumping up for Lacey! Any updates, anyone??

TIA! :)

Hearing to have statements quashed in 2014 Yekel murder trial adjourned

CANTON — St. Lawrence County Court Judge Jerome J. Richards Tuesday adjourned a scheduled hearing to determine if statements made by the man accused of the 2014 murder of 24-year-old Lacey L. Yekel should be suppressed.
[.....]
The hearing was scheduled to determine whether statements Hebert made both on June 14 to state police after being arrested on the charge and on April 4, 2017, while he was being held in Five Points Correctional Facility, a maximum security men’s prison located in Romulus, should be suppressed during his trial, which has been moved from Oct. 23 to Nov. 28.
[.....]
The hearing was adjourned to Sept. 17 and Hebert was returned to St. Lawrence County jail.

Monday, Sept. 17th:
*Status Hearing (@ ET) – NY – Lacey L. Yekel (25) (June 7, 2014; found Aug. 29, 2014) – Christopher A. Hebert (46) charged (8/14/18) with A-1 felony of 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bail.
8/19/18 Update: Status hearing on 9/4. Trial set to start 9/25, but there is another trial at the same time & if not resolved by 9/25, trial will start 10/23.
9/4/18 Update: Hearing was re motion to suppress Hebert’s statements to LE. Continued to 9/17. Trial has been moved to 11/28.

Haggard granted request to not represent Hebert in murder trial, Miles appointed

SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

"CANTON — The former St. Lawrence County prosecutor representing murder suspect Christopher A. Hebert was granted a request Wednesday that he no longer represent Hebert.

David A. Haggard was the chief assistant district attorney in 2014 when two men being used as witnesses by District Attorney Gary M. Pasqua against Hebert struck a deal with then-DA Mary E. Rain.

And while it was determined that Mr. Haggard played no role in the investigation of Mr. Hebert, the former prosecutor said the issue was causing a delay of his client’s case and that it was in Hebert’s best interest to have immediate representation.

Attorney Gary W. Miles was appointed by County Judge Jerome J. Richards, who is presiding over the case....

Mr. Haggard said he is going to move swiftly to turn over all files to Mr. Miles and while it was the right and ethical thing to do, he said he was disappointed that he couldn’t continue, quoting Hebert as having said, “he felt bad because he said my representation was exemplary.”..."

Haggard granted request to not represent Hebert in murder trial, Miles appointed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hebert seeks dismissal of murder charge in 2014 case

OCTOBER 10, 2018

"CANTON — The former Massena man charged with the 2014 murder of 24-year-old Lacey L. Yekel is seeking to have the charge dismissed due to an alleged violation of his right to a speedy trial....

Hebert appeared in St. Lawrence County Court Tuesday with his newly assigned attorney, Gary W. Miles, at which time District Attorney Gary M. Pasqua said that there was no delay and that no statute of limitations had been reached warranting the dismissal of the charge....

Judge Richards said he will reserve decision and returned Hebert to St. Lawrence County jail without bail."

Hebert seeks dismissal of murder charge in 2014 case
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone that's reading this thread get into St. Lawrence County court sites? If so, could you please post the next court date(s)?

TIA! :)

I know that the trial starts Nov. 28th - if still a go...

Wonder why they can't give us a date in late November.....
angry-smiley.gif

Plus IF the hearing is late November, his trial is Nov. 28th. So it's got to be before than.

Yekel’s accused murderer disclosed details of homicide, ex-girlfriend testifies

OCTOBER 30, 2018

"CANTON — It was a matter of “tell me what happened and tell me the truth.”

That was the argument made by St. Lawrence County District Attorney Gary M. Pasqua in County Court Monday morning when appealing to County Judge Jerome J. Richards that he not exclude statements made by accused murderer Christopher A. Hebert to an ex-girlfriend in which he allegedly told her he used a “tool” in the 2014 homicide of 24-year-old Lacey L. Yekel....

During the suppression hearing, Hebert’s ex-girlfriend, Brandy Bressard, testified that she received a call from Hebert sometime in the first or second week of June 2014. She said it was late and he had told her about the homicide, though he never said a name and she believed it was a man whom Hebert killed. She said he told her that he had killed someone and was unable to move the body himself. He expressed fear of returning to prison, she said....

Mr. Pasqua said the statements should be allowed at trial, as Hebert was not in custod and made all his statements to Ms. Bressard voluntarily...."

Yekel’s accused murderer disclosed details of homicide, ex-girlfriend testifies
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back