Deceased/Not Found NY - Michele Harris, 35, Owego, 11 Sep 2001

The prosecutors during the trial contended that Cal Harris moved Michelle's van from the house ( or garage ) down to the end of the driveway after killing her. From my personal point of view, I just have a little trouble with that. Since her keys, cell phone and purse were all in the minivan, it would seem to me that if Michelle did get home as the police and prosecutors have surmised, I'd think she would have taken her purse and cell phone with her when she got out of the vehicle after parking it up by the house or in the garage. Cal would have had to have been thinking very clearly in order to have placed those things back into her van and deciding that parking the van out by the road was the best thing for him to do. If he did kill her, my thought is that he snapped and it wasn't a carefully planned event. If he'd planned ahead of time to murder his wife, wouldn't he have come up with a better plan at least as the placement of her vehicle was concerned?

Cal didn't make a lot of mistakes in this murder and yes he thought VERY clearly. He planned this over the course of 9 months. He didn't make a lot of mistakes but the ones he did make were very big ones. Not calling Michele's cell phone in the morning of September 12th, 2001 was a very big mistake. He didn't do that because subconsciously he knew there was no point in calling a dead person. He was planning ahead of time to murder his wife but once the Twin Towers were attacked that day, he saw it as the perfect opportunity to kill her and/or he could've been impulsive as he knew Michele would be meeting with her lawyer in the morning. He knew he had to do it then. Nothing happened at the end of Hagadorn Hill Road in the early morning hours of September 12th, 2001 other then Cal parking Michele's van there after killing her. Do you think leaving Michele's purse and cell phone there was a good idea to him? If he could at least park it at the end of the road, it would raise some doubt as to what happened which it obviously has to some people over the years including you. So you think the more likely scenario would be someone following her home, Michele getting out of the van and being attacked? It's exactly the same scenario defense attorney Joseph Cawley tried to feed the jury in 2007 at the end of his closing arguments. The jury didn't buy it. The defense asks you to believe all the circumstances pointing to Cal's guilt were all a coincidence? Jealousy, anger, custody, money and revenge were Calvin Harris' motives. Testimony included statements about Calvin Harris not needing a gun to kill Michele Harris, and if he did kill her, they would never find her body. Look what happened. Including other testimony from family and her hair dresser about his threats to her? Blood in the house? Blood on the throw rug? Diluted blood shoved into cracks and crevices? Losing $740,000. Just the plain fact they were in a bitter divorce? Michele taking Cal's guns from the house? Michele sleeping with keys in her robe and a cellphone under her pillow? Cal telling the nanny to Clorox the kitchen? The papers and time sheets on the island that were all of sudden missing? All of this is coincidence? No. Common sense will tell you this is not a coincidence. At that point he thought he committed the perfect crime. He could have easily paid someone to help him dispose of Michele's body just as he paid Farmer Tubbs. All of this convinced jurors to find him guilty in 2007 and 2009. Not even in 2015 could the jury acquit him and that's because some jurors didn't fall for red herrings and illusions put forth by the defense to create reasonable doubt. The defense was much more aggressive last time. The blood evidence was not all the prosecution had. They had a ton of circumstantial evidence that when viewed in its entirety was very powerful. Even the world's most renowned blood spatter expert Dr. Henry Lee confirmed Michele was struck in the entrance of the home and the scene was cleaned. Not to mention the nanny washing that throw rug every month. The transfer stain on the throw rug has been compared to the heavy end of certain sledge hammers and that's definitely the perfect weapon when someone says they won't need a gun to kill you.

I think it is absolutely amazing that this man got a second trial, when that is so very difficult to get. Farmer Tubbs, in my opinion, was not believable as a witness-only coming forward after Harris was convicted. Would he have kept quiet about what he supposedly saw at the end of the Harris driveway if there'd been an acquittal, or would he have done the same thing? In my opinion, a man who thinks the woman he loves has decided to be with another man (either her husband or someone else), is less likely to be her killer than a controlling husband who is about to be divorced and taken to the cleaners by the same woman. And she was afraid of only Cal Harris

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/15-years-trials-ny-husband-wifes-murder-37962654

For the fourth time since Michele Harris disappeared in 2001, her estranged husband Calvin Harris will go on trial for murder in upstate New York. Prosecutors have persisted through overturned convictions and a mistrial in a high-profile case with no body, no weapon and — after 15 years — no resolution.

Jury selection for the fourth trial is scheduled to start Monday in a court in Schoharie, New York.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cal-harris-defense-raises-evidence-ahead-4th-murder/story?id=37981687

For 15 years, Cal Harris has been adamant that he did not kill his estranged wife Michele, who has been missing since 2001, and he’s about to make that argument for a fourth time.

Today, Harris waved his right to be tried by a jury as he faces his fourth murder trial in his wife’s disappearance, which means it will be up to a judge to decide the verdict. The former upstate New York millionaire’s first two guilty convictions were overturned, and his third trial ended in a hung jury.

Harris’ defense team believes new evidence and new witness testimony that they discovered will prove their client’s innocence. He again faced second-degree murder charges.

“We are hopeful that that will lead to a just result, which is an acquittal,” said Harris’ defense attorney Bruce Barket.

Could a knife, bra strap and bathing suit found in a mysterious burn pit finally prove ex-millionaire didn't murder his wife? Defense thinks so as he goes to trial for a FOURTH time

Cal Harris's wife, Michele, vanished in 2001 while the pair were divorcing

Her car was left in their driveway and her body was never found

His defense now say they have evidence other men may have killed her

Harris was convicted of her murder in 2007, but new evidence overturned it

A 2009 conviction was overturned due to procedural errors in court

And a 2015 case was deemed a mistrial after jurors could not agree

He goes back on trial in New York on Thursday

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eam-highlight-new-evidence.html#ixzz44IlHmF7d

I cannot believe that this guy has gotten this many "do-overs". There seems to be something going on in this community that will allow him additional trials until he finally gets an acquittal. And my prediction is that, with a bench rather than a jury trial, this time he'll get one.

I feel exactly the same Jmoose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

attachment.php
Yes, Jmoose it is so so sad. But I disagree on the outcome, Judge Richard Mott WILL find him guilty.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 12.34.51 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 12.34.51 AM.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 148
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...udge-allows-third-party-culpability/83700858/

During four trials across nearly a decade, attorneys for Cal Harris have said he didn't murder his wife.

On Friday, a judge allowed them to begin raising the possibility that someone else did.

Judge Richard Mott, who is presiding over Harris' fourth murder trial in Schoharie County Court, announced Friday he has allowed the defense to argue third-party culpability. His decision opened the door for witnesses to testify about statements they say Texas residents Stacey Stewart and Christopher Thomason made regarding Michele Harris, the estranged wife of Cal Harris who defense lawyer Bruce Barket the two men killed in September 2001.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...is-trial-defense-continues-its-case/83841888/

Defense lawyers in Cal Harris' fourth murder trial will continue presenting their case Tuesday before a judge tasked with deciding the Spencer man's fate...

The defense on Friday also introduced into evidence items found in a January excavation at a Tioga County burn pit, on property previously owned by Stewart. Those items include a burned bra strap, a button and charred fabric that the defense says matches Michele Harris' waitress uniform.

​Divorce was not a motive, defense says
A former attorney in Cal and Michele Harris' divorce proceeding testified Wednesday in Cal Harris' murder trial that a settlement was being negotiated and a trial was up to a year away when the mother of four disappeared on Sept. 11, 2001.

Those details, the defense says, deal a critical blow to the prosecution's alleged motive — that Cal Harris murdered his wife to regain control as personal and financial pressures mounted in the divorce case that was bound to go before a judge.
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...ial-divorce-not-motive-defense-says/83927268/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back