Deceased/Not Found NY - Michele Harris, 35, Owego, 11 Sep 2001

This guy has local connections, money, and no conscience. I’m sure he found some way to get them dropped, outside of normal legal procedures. He is a miserable, murdering .
I'm not so sure he's got that much money left, or many friends. Haven't heard anything lately but I do think of his wife and children.

I'm not so sure he's got that much money left, or many friends. Haven't heard anything lately but I do think of his wife and children.

I think of them, too. He seems like such a hothead when you look at his tweets, and other things. That by itself makes me think he could have been responsible for her disappearance, and then when you add to it the fact that he was cheating on her and they were divorcing, plus all of the stuff they offered as evidence at 3 trials where juries convicted him...I still don’t understand how he managed to get 3 retrials; that just never happens. Who does he know to have that happen? He may not have a lot of money left, as you said, but it just seems like he has some influence on someone important enough, doesn’t it?

I think of them, too. He seems like such a hothead when you look at his tweets, and other things. That by itself makes me think he could have been responsible for her disappearance, and then when you add to it the fact that he was cheating on her and they were divorcing, plus all of the stuff they offered as evidence at 3 trials where juries convicted him...I still don’t understand how he managed to get 3 retrials; that just never happens. Who does he know to have that happen? He may not have a lot of money left, as you said, but it just seems like he has some influence on someone important enough, doesn’t it?
Well, my SO was on jury #3. I can only go by everything that had been in the news, on the television shows that covered the case, and by what was presented during that very long trial. I fully understood why that was a hung jury with no conviction, and also fully understood why the last trial, which was a bench trial, ended in an acquittal by the judge. There was definitely reasonable doubt. We'll probably never know the full truth.

Well, my SO was on jury #3. I can only go by everything that had been in the news, on the television shows that covered the case, and by what was presented during that very long trial. I fully understood why that was a hung jury with no conviction, and also fully understood why the last trial, which was a bench trial, ended in an acquittal by the judge. There was definitely reasonable doubt. We'll probably never know the full truth.

Thank you for adding your information to this. I understand about the trial(s) and reasonable doubt, as the evidence was all circumstantial, but I am floored that he got so many do-overs. It’s relatively rare to be awarded one retrial, much less three of them.

Thank you for adding your information to this. I understand about the trial(s) and reasonable doubt, as the evidence was all circumstantial, but I am floored that he got so many do-overs. It’s relatively rare to be awarded one retrial, much less three of them.
It certainly was unusual, yes. There were without doubt technical, legal mistakes causing retrials the first 2 times. There were many questions as to whether the prosecutor would or should go ahead with yet another retrial after the 3rd ended in a hung jury. He decided to go for it, which I think was probably a mistake. Cal Harris' attorney was really smart to role the dice and go ahead with a bench trial, with no jury, for the 4th.

It certainly was unusual, yes. There were without doubt technical, legal mistakes causing retrials the first 2 times. There were many questions as to whether the prosecutor would or should go ahead with yet another retrial after the 3rd ended in a hung jury. He decided to go for it, which I think was probably a mistake. Cal Harris' attorney was really smart to role the dice and go ahead with a bench trial, with no jury, for the 4th.

The first trial conviction was thrown out because of farmer Tubbs mysteriously coming forward the day of sentencing with a far fetched nonsensical story that all the neighbors never witnessed nor heard the early morning hours of September 12th.

The second trial was overturned due to high-powered attorneys and amount of money he had for appeals. There is a video of the attorneys appealing to the judges that overturned the second case.

The first two convictions weren't due to any significant errors. His own personality gave him away.

All the evidence pointed to Cal Harris.

The third party culpability in the third trial was ruled "lacking in evidentiary quality". It was Cal Harris on trial. The one who had blood in his home whose own son said he wasn't in bed at 3:00am on September 12th.

Side note, this monster now built a website showcasing his psychopathy:

Most corrupt, backwoods, racist, incestuous, county in upstate N.Y.

The first trial conviction was thrown out because of farmer Tubbs mysteriously coming forward the day of sentencing with a far fetched nonsensical story that all the neighbors never witnessed nor heard the early morning hours of September 12th.

The second trial was overturned due to high-powered attorneys and amount of money he had for appeals. There is a video of the attorneys appealing to the judges that overturned the second case.

The first two convictions weren't due to any significant errors. His own personality gave him away.

The third party culpability in the third trial was ruled "lacking in evidentiary quality". It was Cal Harris on trial. The one who had blood in his home whose own son said he wasn't in bed at 3:00am on September 12th.

I can only partially agree with your comments, most likely because my husband was a juror in the 3rd trial.... and do disagree that there were not any significant errors, more specifically, very significant legal technicalities, that resulted in the overturning of those convictions.
I'm also not saying Cal Harris is innocent, but he was certainly, IMO, not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

This is the work of Cal Harris?

I do believe he created that page, as part of his ongoing lawsuit efforts.

Thanks-I think this guy is a sociopath; I feel sorry for the kids. I wish they’d found her body, because I think it would have made it easier to keep him in jail

Thanks-I think this guy is a sociopath; I feel sorry for the kids. I wish they’d found her body, because I think it would have made it easier to keep him in jail
I, too, wish they'd found Michelle. His children seem to fully support and love him. It was, and still is, a tragic case all the way around.

Adding Michele's NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

One of the Harris girls (while she and friend were in middle school) told a family friend back around the time of Michele's disappearance that "sometimes the nanny sleeps over."

I also heard rumors that Weitsman and CH were buddies, and it would have been easy to scrap a car/hide a body. I also heard (could be completely untrue) that one of CH's auto lots was repaved on or after the date Michele disappeared.

I don’t doubt for even a nano second that CH is completely guilty of murdering his wife and brainwashing his kids. And “whatevering” the nanny. He is just another guy in the long, long list of guys who will do ANYTHING to completely control the people in their universe, including murder.

One of the Harris girls (while she and friend were in middle school) told a family friend back around the time of Michele's disappearance that "sometimes the nanny sleeps over."

I also heard rumors that Weitsman and CH were buddies, and it would have been easy to scrap a car/hide a body. I also heard (could be completely untrue) that one of CH's auto lots was repaved on or after the date Michele disappeared.

Who is Weitsman? It’s been a while and I cannot recall

Who is Weitsman? It’s been a while and I cannot recall
Weitsman is a scrap metal company that has grown from the small town of Owego, to become an industry goliath. Current owner Adam Weitsman served time in jail for I believe check fraud. He has many, many followers on LinkedIn and other pages for his philanthropy. It is worth noting that several employees have been killed on the Weitsman premises and OSHA did conduct at least one investigation.

From a very very personal perspective, Weitsman and CH are entitled elites who know how to bury "problems." I will dig around for more substantial info. Weitsman gets off on propagating what he "contributes" to our community after defrauding his own father.

Weitsman is a scrap metal company that has grown from the small town of Owego, to become an industry goliath. Current owner Adam Weitsman served time in jail for I believe check fraud. He has many, many followers on LinkedIn and other pages for his philanthropy. It is worth noting that several employees have been killed on the Weitsman premises and OSHA did conduct at least one investigation.

From a very very personal perspective, Weitsman and CH are entitled elites who know how to bury "problems." I will dig around for more substantial info. Weitsman gets off on propagating what he "contributes" to our community after defrauding his own father.

This doesn’t surprise me; are the two men friends?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back