Identified! NY - Mount Vernon, WhtFem 51UFNY, 18-25, Left Near Junkyard, Feb'88 - Veronica Wiederhold

All I have is that a person who sometimes knows things says there's been a flurry of activity.

Yes, MA is part of New England.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Silly question, MA is part of New England, right? Lead would not have anything to do with MA link/evidence under her finger nails?
Note to myself - should get some source too. Hint, anyone?

Yep, it is! New England is Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Maine.

If its pan out or not, flurry of activity is really great news and I am really glad to hear this. That what this case needs. Jess, thinking of you and bowing to you for all your hard work. It is extra difficult to make any case visible and get attention especially in big cities, where everyone is overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Again, great job for spreading the word everywhere and putting pressure on LE.

I am really hoping for any new development soon, next year will be MVJD 30 year anniversary...

I thought maybe it was Elizabeth Lamotte from NH but she has a tattoo and I don't recall MVJD having one, so that was a bummer. Can hardly wait to find out what's going on.

Any updates? It's been 3 weeks, LOL. Yes, I'm impatient. :)

Its been 4 weeks .... Any. Updates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been two weeks since the last post. There's got to something that can be shared by now!
:tantrum:

Hi, I also talk to the detective on this case a lot. Unfortunately, it's up to him to disclose updates. He hasn't given me any, and I don't think he's sent any to Jess either. He might not be able to. I'll email him again in a week (it's been since April). Last I heard about the lead was that the case manager in the home state was putting the possible match into NamUs, that was back on the 21st. So, we will see. But we only get updates as he can give them.

Hi, I also talk to the detective on this case a lot. Unfortunately, it's up to him to disclose updates. He hasn't given me any, and I don't think he's sent any to Jess either. He might not be able to. I'll email him again in a week (it's been since April). Last I heard about the lead was that the case manager in the home state was putting the possible match into NamUs, that was back on the 21st. So, we will see. But we only get updates as he can give them.

Sorry, patience is not one of my strong suits
:D

Thanks so much. If they're going thru NamUs with a new MP case they'll also need to get DNA from family which can take 6+ months. NamUs lost funding for DNA so I'm not sure how they handle it now. Hopefully the family has dentals or fingerprints.

I believe they submitted DNA but I am not sure. I don't know how they are going to do it.

Sorry all, I have not had regular access to WS lately, am primarily working from my phone due to the running around I've been doing re: helping take care of my father-in-law. I have emailed Det. DiMase 2x, no response - will try again. If you do not see any updates here, please check our Facebook page for MVJD as I do update that as often as information comes in even if I can't get onto WS.

Sorry all, I have not had regular access to WS lately, am primarily working from my phone due to the running around I've been doing re: helping take care of my father-in-law. I have emailed Det. DiMase 2x, no response - will try again. If you do not see any updates here, please check our Facebook page for MVJD as I do update that as often as information comes in even if I can't get onto WS.

Take care, Jessr and thank you for checking in.

Thanks, Alley!

I got a hold of DiMase tonight and he said he's been super busy (summertime in an urban area - you know how that goes!) - but that he is waiting to hear back from the NH detective as to whether or not he entered the MP's DNA in NamUs. If it's the girl I think it is, then it has not yet been entered:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37617/6/

Take care, Jessr and thank you for checking in.

Thanks, Alley!

I got a hold of DiMase tonight and he said he's been super busy (summertime in an urban area - you know how that goes!) - but that he is waiting to hear back from the NH detective as to whether or not he entered the MP's DNA in NamUs. If it's the girl I think it is, then it has not yet been entered:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37617/6/

That's who I thought it might be, too, when the tip out of New England was mentioned, but Elizabeth has a tattoo and there's no mention of a tattoo on MVJD. Or, do you know if she has one but was never disclosed to the public?

I directly asked DiMase several months ago if MVJD had any tattoos and he told me that she had none, also stated she had no scars (C-section or otherwise) or distinguishing marks other than the mole on her neck. Unless he is holding back, which I don't think he is. Or maybe Elizabeth is not the MP, but it would be very coincidental that she was entered in NamUs the same week this tip came up.

That's who I thought it might be, too, when the tip out of New England was mentioned, but Elizabeth has a tattoo and there's no mention of a tattoo on MVJD. Or, do you know if she has one but was never disclosed to the public?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back