NY - Nayla Kidd, 19, New York City, 5 May 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, May 13, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. los2188

4. los2188

“Loving and sweet-spirited.” Missing Ivy League student has not been seen since May 4
    [video=vimeo;127413300]https://vimeo.com/127413300?ref=tw-share[/video]
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ue-student-has-not-been-seen-since-early-may/

5. MamaJoJo

MamaJoJo Where did you go?

This is an interesting case though it hasn't garnered much traffic. Nayla is a super, high achieving young woman who, I surmise, is just about to complete her second or third year at the prestigious SEAS school at Columbia University. She is two to three years ahead of her peers. That is no small feat!

I'm a bit surprised there is not more SM surrounding her disappearance. While there are 250 "friends" on the FB page, not many people are commenting. One report says LDS was 5/5 another says 5/4. Why is this not known? What are the friends she was last seen with saying? Is she still living at home or is she on campus in a dorm (I expect in a dorm)? What was her course load this semester and her finals schedule? Why is this just now hitting MSM?

She's been working at a sustained, high level for years, higher than 99% of kids her age. It takes a toll. What is her release? How does she cope with the pressure? There's not much info out there about her and her current state of mind. Did she check out by her own volition or has something happened that she's not in control of?

Find your way home, Nayla.

6. MamaJoJo

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...columbia-university-student-article-1.2636547

I assumed her family was local but hey are based in TN. Nayla has been living off campus not in a dorm. Her family must be beside themselves. Since she disappeared right before finals were to begin, was stress a factor? I wish there was more information available.

Has someone been around the campus putting up flyers? Who is doing what to help find her?

7. Wynnella

Wynnella New Member

You're right, there's not much info on her yet. I wonder where she is?

8. KayElJay

KayElJay <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Forum Moderator Moderator

I don't know if or how many printed flyers have been put up already (although I will ask a friend to look around campus tomorrow), but I do know that the Office of Public Safety sent a university-wide email regarding Nayla.

9. MamaJoJo

Thanks, Kay. I'm so concerned for her.

10. KayElJay

KayElJay <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Forum Moderator Moderator

RSBM

I am also very concerned about her! From my own experiences, I agree completely with your line of thinking.

11. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member

Do the parents have access to her grades and attendance records before she went missing?

12. trigger

trigger New Member

Kidd&#8217;s cousin, Aysha Curtis, stood in the rain near the Columbia campus Friday evening, holding a flier for her the missing sophomore engineering student.

&#8220;She&#8217;s here on a full scholarship, so she wouldn&#8217;t just go missing,&#8221; Curtis said. &#8220;This is not her normal behavior.&#8221;

Nayla Kidd&#8217;s family said may have taken the No. 1 train here at 110th Street-Cathedral Parkway, heading uptown to her apartment on Broadway not far from school.

&#8220;She was going home, so she left a gathering somewhere over here at a dorm,&#8221; Curtis said. &#8220;At 9:32 is when she swiped in.&#8221;

Police sources told CBS2 that Kidd&#8217;s Facebook account was deactivated, her credit card and bank accounts were canceled, and her cellphone was turned off. It was unclear if Nayla Kidd or someone else may have done it all.

&#8220;She didn&#8217;t indicate that anything was wrong,&#8221; LaCreis Kidd said.

Kidd has also missed all of her finals.

&#8220;Her last final was scheduled for today,&#8221; LaCries Kidd said. &#8220;This is not Nayla. She prides herself in doing her very best in school.&#8221;

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/05/13/columbia-student-missing/

13. trigger

trigger New Member

Her daughter hasn't responded to voice mail and text messages, she said.
    Kidd said last spoke to her in April about rent money.
    Her daughter was first reported missing by friends.
    Kidd has also asked Neal Gossett, a private investigator, to look for clues into her daughter's disappearance.
    been set up to help find Kidd, a School of Engineering and Applied Science student.
    "Our community is deeply concerned whenever a student is missing,&#8221; the university said. &#8220;The University is in contact with Nayla Kidd&#8217;s family and is cooperating with the New York Police Department.&#8221;

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ity-Student-Missing-Nayla-Kidd-379437201.html

14. trigger

trigger New Member

15. mrsobrien

mrsobrien New Member

No no no....dislike!

16. JoCoKSEyes

JoCoKSEyes New Member

I've never heard of a person going missing and subsequently having their Facebook deactivated, bank accounts closed, and cell phone turned off. That takes some coordination and leads one towards the reasonable conclusion that this is a planned disappearance. I'm hoping she is off grid voluntarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. MamaJoJo

While she asked for rent money, did she pay April rent? May rent? Does she have a room mate?

Watching Nayla's mother tonight on the news was heartbreaking.

18. trigger

trigger New Member

I get the feeling she left on her own to. She was last scene at 5pm but swiped in at 932. Where was she for 4 1/2 hours? Planning? Was her clothes gone, makeup etc?

19. MamaJoJo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ue-student-has-not-been-seen-since-early-may/

In the article there is a direct link to the Mother's Day video Nayla made for her mom last year.

20. radiator

radiator New Member

I'd also like to know if there are clothes/luggage missing from her apartment...it would make me feel a lot easier because I too feel like she left on her own.

21. MamaJoJo

I totally agree. What she left (or didn't leave) in her apartment seems like a critical piece to the puzzle. Even if she did leave on her own with a suitcase and some cash intending to hideout for a while, she could have gotten into some trouble along the way. If she left everything (wallet, favorite teddy bear, etc) in the apartment, her missing now could possibly indicate suicide.

I'm having a hard time understanding why she wasn't reported missing earlier? Let's back track a bit...

5/13 - flyers distributed on campus by Nayla's cousin
    5/13 - news of her being missing hits MSM
    5/11 or 5/12 - Columbia issues missing student alert via email
    5/5 @ 9:32pm - swiped card (What type of card? Residence?)
    5/5 @ 5:00pm - last reported sighting either at study hall or a gathering near a dorm
    Unknown dates - bank accounts canceled, FB deactivated and phone turned off
    Since April - mom consistently reached out through phone, text, email with no return contact
    April - Nayla contacted mom to ask for rent money

So, so worried.