Found Deceased NY - Nickolas Donnelly, 14, Shoreham, 4 October 2016

Ay.. RIP Nickolas. So sorry you were in so much pain :( Same age I was when I tried to commit suicide, so hits very close to the heart.

Aww glad your attempt was unsuccessful! We need you here with us. Hugs.

God, it breaks my heart. I had a friend from a school nearby that did the same at16- surprised all of us and was just so sad because any one of us would have been there for him if we had an inkling he was thinking of that, or even if we knew he felt bad. 14 is tough, it doesnt last forever, but at14 it feels like it will. As a parent it must just break you. But sometimes, there is no way to know. Best thing is to be honest with your kids and let them know you will talk about ANYTHING with them without judgement and with love.

I wish Nick knew 14 doesn't last forever.

I had to quote this as I was thinking the exact same thing. I too struggled through this age and upwards battling anxieties and the need I felt to remove myself from this world. Now it feels like an age away. Sometimes I wish we could go into the future to show people things do get better. My heart bleeds for this young man and his family.
RIP Nick.

A Candlelight Vigil will be held in honor and memory of Nick Donnelly at the Town of Brookhaven Shoreham Beach in Shoreham, located off North Country Road. Tomorrow, Thursday Oct. 6th at 5:30pm. Car pooling is encouraged as there is limited parking.

My heart is breaking for this family. My son is 13 and struggles terribly with depression and suicide. He's been hospitalized a bunch of times this past year. I'm so thankful that he tells me when it gets really, really bad. He witnessed a very traumatic and devastating event last year and has PTSD from it. I truly understand how helpless the parents feel.

I wish Nick knew 14 doesn't last forever.

THANK YOU!!! for these words. They are so comforting to me because I now have them to share with my son. I want him to know this.

God, it breaks my heart. I had a friend from a school nearby that did the same at16- surprised all of us and was just so sad because any one of us would have been there for him if we had an inkling he was thinking of that, or even if we knew he felt bad. 14 is tough, it doesnt last forever, but at14 it feels like it will. As a parent it must just break you. But sometimes, there is no way to know. Best thing is to be honest with your kids and let them know you will talk about ANYTHING with them without judgement and with love.

This is very sad. Just a couple of weeks ago, we had a young boy, 14 also, commit suicide in our community. No one knew anything was wrong. No one. Not family, not friends, not teachers. He was one of the sweetest, most engaging boys I'd ever met. Everyone is devastated. What you say is so true...if any of us knew (friends, acquaintances, heck even strangers) that he was in pain we would have stopped EVERYTHING to watch over him, 24/7, until we could have gotten him help.

Young girls and boys can be so impulsive. While there may be an element of a mental health issue (maybe only seen in hindsight), some suicides are just rash decisions. I know in my heart of hearts that the boy I knew would take it back if he could. No doubt.

I hope Nickolas's parents, siblings and friends find peace somehow in their lives without him. I'm sure the ripples of his absence will be felt throughout their community and beyond. No one really knows how many lives they touch. I wish we all knew how much our lives are cherished.

My heart is breaking for this family. My son is 13 and struggles terribly with depression and suicide. He's been hospitalized a bunch of times this past year. I'm so thankful that he tells me when it gets really, really bad. He witnessed a very traumatic and devastating event last year and has PTSD from it. I truly understand how helpless the parents feel.

THANK YOU!!! for these words. They are so comforting to me because I now have them to share with my son. I want him to know this.
My heart goes out to you and your precious son.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Your son obviously has the best type of parent relationship with to be able to communicate with you once it gets bad. I hope he gets past this and sees the brighter side. Wishes to you and your son.

Oh my this is so heart breaking!!! So tragic! My heart goes out to his family, friends and community. Rest in Peace Nick.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back