Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

@Vern - I agree this was very premeditated. Per PommyMommy’s timeline, the amount of time between the arrival of the car in the area and the people fleeing the scene is only ten minutes. This happened way too quickly to be unplanned, IMO.

The individual walking toward the car was seen at 2:54 a.m. And that person was not seen to be carrying anything, so all the items they fled with were either at the scene, or n the car. (Edited to add I see you said the same thing but I forgot that while I was typing. :oops:)
Way too much planning for this to be an on the spur of the moment act. They had all of those items (gas can, etc) ready and were well prepared- even the remote location. Definitely premeditated.

Regarding the stuff found in the hotel room...

I know pretty much nothing about interstate drug trafficking procedure/protocol, but could this have been a "split shipment". That is to say, deliver some of the stuff to here (Buffalo), and then the rest to, say, Rochester?
Very good thought. That would explain leaving some of the drugs behind. I’m still wondering why they would take the kid to do a deal in the middle of the night. So strange.

I also noticed that the adult running with the child has shorts on? Well, at least to me. I admit, I am awful at observing videos like this. Does anyone else see bare legs with knee socks?

It also looks like an older male to me.

Yeah, I know, get glasses, Steels!

I thought it was shorts at first. It looks like female running shorts but then watching it on the return with the little boy it looks like tight leggings or Jean's and a shirt tale hanging down. Either way imo the body type seems female and fairly fit.

Way too much planning for this to be an on the spur of the moment act. They had all of those items (gas can, etc) ready and were well prepared- even the remote location. Definitely premeditated.

I think if it was FULLY premeditated, pounds of coke would NOT be found left at that hotel room. Somethings a little off, making me believe some plans got changed in the middle or that part of it was not what was planned for... something got messed up.
I’m wondering if we will ever find damy, and I’m thinking not alive...

I think if it was FULLY premeditated, pounds of coke would NOT be found left at that hotel room. Somethings a little off, making me believe some plans got changed in the middle or that part of it was not what was planned for... something got messed up.
I’m wondering if we will all be surprised when the two people in the car are finally identified. I think most of us are assuming they are the boy’s parents but there could still be some twists to this case.

I’m wondering if we will all be surprised when the two people in the car are finally identified. I think most of us are assuming they are the boy’s parents but there could still be some twists to this case.
I doubt that. Who would leave 2 kilos in their hotel room, burn two other bodies, and abandon their own kid. What kind of twists do you see possible?

Very good thought. That would explain leaving some of the drugs behind. I’m still wondering why they would take the kid to do a deal in the middle of the night. So strange.

Perhaps the boy provided a cover for stashed drugs ... in the diaper box, or toys, or in a bag of soiled nappies. jmo Who knows?

My dear friend who is a police detective said that it's fairly common to find young children with their parents on their ill-intentioned outings. He said it was time to retire when those kids grew up and he began arresting the second generation of criminals.

Could there have been some kind of double cross? I'm trying to make sense of something I don't understand.

Perhaps the boy provided a cover for stashed drugs ... in the diaper box, or toys, or in a bag of soiled nappies. jmo Who knows?

My dear friend who is a police detective said that it's fairly common to find young children with their parents on their ill-intentioned outings. He said it was time to retire when those kids grew up and he began arresting the second generation of criminals.
I can see that. I guess they never stop to think what will happen to their child if they run into violent people. Thank God the child wasn’t hurt this time.

Last edited:
I’m of the opinion that Damy is not one of the people seen on video. LE has said neither of them fits the description of the three missing people. (Damy certainly isn’t the person in the first video.) If that is true, then I think it’s possible those in the video were not aware of the additional cocaine in the hotel room. Lots of unknowns at this point. I’m hopeful LE will solve this quickly.

I doubt that. Who would leave 2 kilos in their hotel room, burn two other bodies, and abandon their own kid. What kind of twists do you see possible?
I’m not sure but this Damy person doesn’t come off as a cold blooded killer of family in their FB account. They all lived together and he was in a pretty committed relationship with the dad’s sister - the child’s dad that is.

I’m not sure but this Damy person doesn’t come off as a cold blooded killer of family in their FB account. They all lived together and he was in a pretty committed relationship with the dad’s sister - the child’s dad that is.
To me the easiest explanation is that Damy is the person with the child, but wouldn't the latter be able to tell who led him away?

To me the easiest explanation is that Damy is the person with the child, but wouldn't the latter be able to tell who led him away?

Yes, that makes easy sense to me too, except that most agree Damy is not in the video. Someone familiar with the area must have arranged for the vehicle to end up in the isolated location where it would not be seen burning in the night.

Records show that Damy lived in a Webster apartment complex until 2016, then moved to Florida.

ETA ... Webster NY is 88 miles from the scene of the fire.

Nicole Merced Plaud & Miguel Valentin-Colon: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

Last edited:

Only one person was seen walking toward the car, but two adults and the child walked away. Are we really convinced that the person holding the child's hand isn't someone very familiar to him?

JMO, but the drug deal may have been complicated by the ménage à trois.

Does the child reach for the hand of one of the adults in the video as they run... Or was it only after the adult extends his hand??

Maybe it would be automatic (fear motivated) for the child to reach for a hand when running from the fire OR maybe the gesture demonstrates the child's familiarity with the adult?

SEP 22, 2019
Grandmother of 3-year-old Florida boy hoping to gain custody
[...]

Zenaida Colon says she has completed the necessary steps to gain custody of 3-year-old Noelvin, she is now waiting for the results of a background check and a home visit that was completed Thursday.

Colon says she will be back in Buffalo on Monday or Tuesday to visit Noelvin and request her custody hearing be moved up from the October 9th date.

[...]

Random ideas to debate.

1. Someone kidnapped nicole, and killed the other two. Why though?

2. Hate crime? Was Damy transgendered?

3. They wanted out of drug running and killed whoever was making them be mules. They then fled the country?

4. Someone close to one of the missing was jealous and killed two, and did what with the other? Kidnapped? in hiding?

5. One of the three was in hotel with the coke and got alerted by others of a problem and fled, scared?

I just don’t get where the third person is. But I also don’t get how police can say two people were in the car and on the same hand say everything was ashes? I read a lot more than I wanted about burning cars when following the Kathleen Ryan case as well. The ashes statement is telling.

The boy was abandoned, but it seems that he was left in a relatively safe little nest. Did someone feel affection for this little guy and left him, believing he'd be cared for in the light of day? It seems like a tremendous risk that was taken, but on the other hand, it is not inconsistent with taking him on the drug run.

I guess what I really mean is that LE is telling us that they only have bones and teeth to work with as evidence. Those bones and teeth must have been located in seperate enough positions in order for them to say “two victims” “only ashes” at the same time. Because I don’t think they have had enough time to sort/sift thru the whole car and count bone pieces as well as attempt dna on them to identify if they have 1,2 or 3 victims. Make sense?

What is so telling about the ashes statement??

Here is an article about the coroner process in the case I was referencing here,
Kathleen Ryan. Found Deceased - WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Burned beyond recognition: Illinois coroner works to ID remains found in Milwaukee teacher’s car

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back