NY NY - Manhattan, *GRAPHIC*, WhtMale 55-65, UP2785, Tattoos: "JOSEPH", "1959", "TRUE LOVE", Jul'04

madamx

Reaction score
I came across this guy and searched but did not see a thread for him. I wish they had posted photos of his tattoo since it says that some of them had illegible writing.. I know all of us here could figure out what the writing probably says!!

Unidentified Person Case
Estimated Age Range 55-65 Years

Estimated Year of Death0-2004

Height 5' 8"(68 inches) ,

Weight179 lbs,
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Brown and gray, wavy, 1-1/2"

Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown
Eye Description Brown

1. Two-tone tattoo of rose with the word "JOSEPH" underneath on lateral aspect of right arm;

2. Two-tone tattoo of a scroll (may read "USA") beneath an eagle on posterior of right forearm;

3. Two-tone tattoo of heart with a cross and scroll with the number "1959" ;

4. Monochromatic tattoo of panther on left arm near shoulder;

5. Polychromatic tattoo of two hearts with an arrow going through them and two scrolls (one over each heart) with illegible writing on the back of the left forearm

-- above these hearts is an inscription that appears to read "TRUE LOVE"

Location Found Map
Street Address 601 2nd avenue New York, New York 10016
County New York County

Circumstances of Recovery Decendent was found unresponsive inside a business at the above location. Decedent was taken to hospital and pronounced dead.

Unidentified Person New York

55 to 65 year old White Male

Date found July 06, 2004 New York County, New York

Two-tone tattoo of rose with the word "JOSEPH" underneath on lateral aspect of right arm; two-tone tattoo of a scroll (may read "USA") beneath an eagle on posterior of right forearm; two-tone tattoo of heart with a cross and scroll with the number "1959"

Estimated Age Range55-65 Years
Estimated Year of Death0-2004
Estimated PMI--
Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Measured
Weight179 lbs, Measured

Last edited:
Danny Joe Riley

Missing since August 30, 1992 from Marshall, Harrison County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: February 19, 1948
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 44 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 165 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown eyes; brown hair.
    • Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Riley has a tattoo of an eagle with the letters U.S.A. underneath his right bicep
    • and a tattoo of a black panther head on his left bicep.
    • He has a burn scar from his right elbow to the top of his hand, a skin graph on his inner left thigh, a mole on his lower left eyelid near the tear-duct, a scar through his left eyebrow, a large pock mark on his right cheek, and additional scars around his hairline on the front of his face.

Attachments

• DRiley[1].jpg
    DRiley[1].jpg
    5 KB · Views: 69
The 5th tattoo sounds like it could identify him if they could read the writing. From the description... two scrolls, an arrow, a heart with 'true love' above... seems like a relationship/wedding tattoo, with one name on one scroll and the other name on the other. I would guess likely himself and a partner, or his parents.

The 5th tattoo sounds like it could identify him if they could read the writing. From the description... two scrolls, an arrow, a heart with 'true love' above... seems like a relationship/wedding tattoo, with one name on one scroll and the other name on the other. I would guess likely himself and a partner, or his parents.

It would help greatly if they posted in Namus the tattoos of this UID. The general public, myself included, could attempt to clean up the tattoo to make it legible.

Danny Joe Riley

Vital Statistics

• Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Riley has a tattoo of an eagle with the letters U.S.A. underneath his right bicep
    • He has a burn scar from his right elbow to the top of his hand, a skin graph on his inner left thigh, a mole on his lower left eyelid near the tear-duct, a scar through his left eyebrow, a large pock mark on his right cheek, and additional scars around his hairline on the front of his face.
Well that is quite clearly him! Good job!

I know!!! I thought of you!!
I thought of the other guy with the 1949 and horse shoe tatoo.. he had an eagle too. It would be interesting to see if the eagles were similar. I was also wondering if the date signifies when they were born or when they went into service ...

Yes coffeandacig I thought of the other guy with the 1949 and horse shoe tatoo.. that you had been trying to figure out.. he also had an eagle too. It would be interesting to see if the eagles were similar. I was also wondering if the date signifies when they were born or when they went into service ...
I could not find the other thread I was trying to compare because I thought it was a bit interesting..

Danny Joe Riley

Vital Statistics

Whowww...the tattoos and the place of them are to coincidental to not give it a go Madamx. The picture of UID is not very sharp but it looks like there could be some scarring near the hairline. The noses look a bit different to me but (UID more bulging, MP more pointy) but we see MP from the side so I would look over that.

Danny Joe Riley

Vital Statistics

Looks like you’ve identified this UID!

Well done madamx! Great work!!

Whowww...the tattoos and the place of them are to coincidental to not give it a go Madamx. The picture of UID is not very sharp but it looks like there could be some scarring near the hairline. The noses look a bit different to me but (UID more bulging, MP more pointy) but we see MP from the side so I would look over that.
Yes Bit of Hope I noticed the same thing about the nose but then I thought well it's years later and he could of gotten into fights injured his nose and or gotten involved heavily in cocaine which in time can change the shape of the nose also..and added more tattoos.

Looks like you’ve identified this UID!

Well done madamx! Great work!!
Thank you Bethan.. ..looks like him right? But you never know.

Also if anyone wants to Submit him please do so!!!!! Iam like Gardner we only just post here and if anyone wants to submit your more than welcomed!!! Good Luck!! And Let us know what happens.

Thank you Bethan.. ..looks like him right? But you never know.

Also if anyone wants to Submit him please do so!!!!! Iam like Gardner we only just post here and if anyone wants to submit your more than welcomed!!! Good Luck!! And Let us know what happens.

I'm in UK & unfortunately have no idea how to go about submitting this suggestion.

Anybody reading who would be able to do this please?
Maybe the moderator?
TIA.

Thank you so much for submitting him so quickly creepedout! And thank you for the credit too! We are one big team here working together for the same goal!!! Let's cross our fingers!

Agreed, no problem. I just got the standard reply that these two cases do NOT appear to have been compared before. I believe you have a match.

Just wondering if there has been an update on this guy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back