Match! NY - NYC, WhtMale UP5064, 40-55, jumped from ferry, Jan'09 *Robert Donlick*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Snufamonbobball, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Snufamonbobball

Snufamonbobball But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou

2. lisser

lisser New Member

I would tend to agree with you. Send a message in about him.

3. webrocket

webrocket New Member

you got it all except the height. the deceased was 6'0" and Donlick was supposedly 5'8".

4. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

Snuff, as you stated you knew the height was off, but it could be a misprint on either the UID's page or on Mr. Donlick's page. Everything else matches up!

5. jen&jonhart

jen&jonhart New Member

He even had a back pack. Looks like a great match.

6. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That sure looks like him to me. This is way too close on everything else to write off on the height difference. Especially the fact that the body was found the day after his DLC, and he boarded the Amtrak bound for NYC.

I did a pretty close look for common blemishes, and don't see anything that matches irrefutably. There are several tiny bumps on the tip of Robert's nose that look like they might have counterparts on the UID, especially the one on his left side (viewer's right) of the tip of his nose. Given that the UID's blemish is more prominent and developed, it could developed into a more prominent blemish after Robert's photo was taken.

7. tatertot

tatertot Active Member

8. Snufamonbobball

I did call this in couple of hours ago, but I had to leave a message.

There are two spots on the bridge of Ferry Guy's nose that I can also see on Mr. Donlick. If you invert the colors on Mr. Donlick's picture, they become more visible. There's also a spot on Mr Donlick's lip line. It's not as easily seen on the NamUs picture because of his stubble, but if you enlarge the NamUs picture, I think it's there as well. Even where his glasses would sit on his nose match up.

I tried to make an attachment showing the spots, but it's kind of small. If you go the NamUs pictures, you can enlarge both the pictures for a better view.

I've been wondering why NamUs wouldn't have matched these up. Mr. Donlick's NamUs profile says that his dentals have been entered, but Ferry Guy's profile says dentals are available, but haven't been entered. With the height difference, I guess it's possible NamUs wouldn't have picked it out. I wonder if this is a case that has been resolved, but never updated. ME's usually keep their cases updated, but maybe this one slipped through the cracks.

I've got my fingers crossed here... with dentals available it should be a fast rule in/ out.

Attached Files:

9. MrsDarcy

MrsDarcy New Member

WOW! Huge resemblance!

10. Pebbles1968

Pebbles1968 New Member

Yeah I can definitely see this being the guy! I pray for his family's sake that it is him.

11. Snufamonbobball

I received a reply to my email, basically thanking me for the information, they'll check it out and if I have any more information on possible matches to call or email them.

So now the waiting game begins.

12. chaddylex

chaddylex Verified Insider

Good job once again Snuf!

13. tut med

tut med New Member

really looks like a match!

14. Snufamonbobball

Received a reply from the ME today. Pretty basic we'll be checking it, but he did say it was a promising new lead.

This should be quick rule in/ out with dentals available for both. Fingers crossed.

15. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Snuf - I'm sooo glad you're back. I've seen you lurking around the forums a few times, but it's awesome that you're back and on such a roll. I really respect the great work you do. Thank you :)

16. Reannan

Reannan Seek Brotherhood, Cherish Solitude

If I were a betting woman, I would bet you at least :twocents: on this one!!! Great job!!! It is also a great example of why it is important people like Snuf are out there looking! Can't wait to hear what they say. I noticed that the UID jumped into the river on 1/8/2009, but it wasn't entered into NAMUS until 4/14/09. By then, his disappearance had probably fallen off the radar. I am curious Snuf, how did this case hit your radar and how did you make the match? There always seems like SO many missing and UID's to go through!

17. Julessleuther

Julessleuther Well-Known Member

I think this definitely looks like a match--good work Snuf!

18. Snufamonbobball

I hope this will bring resolution for Mr. Donlick and his family. I feel an enormous amount of sympathy for them, and if it does turn out to be him, I guess it goes to show that NamUs doesn't always match things up and there is still a need for researchers.

As for matching people up- I saw Mr. Donlick while randomly browsing Charley and as soon as I saw him, Ferry Guy popped into my head. If NYC hadn't put Ferry Guy's picture up, I wouldn't have connected the two with each other. With the height discrepancy, I might have went Hmmm, but I'm quite certain I would have dismissed it.

I think it's encouraging the ME used the word "promising" to describe the submission and it's really good to know that NYC responded to a submission from a non LE source.

In the end though, it's not over till the ME says it is- and I hope that is very soon.

19. Charlie99909

Charlie99909 Retired Mt. Rose Researcher

Whoa that is a good match!

20. MrsDarcy

MrsDarcy New Member

I hope this is him so his family has resolution.