NY - Officer Daniel Pantaleo used deadly chokehold on Eric Garner, Staten Island, July 2014

WOW I detect a 180 in your attitude about LE, from other cases that have been discussed. That is fine, and I respect your opinion. It is noticeable. I think that you are objecting to PROTEST, though, which luckily is still an American citizen's right. Criminal behavior is NOT. JMO

I don't have a broad opinion.. I take each case at a time. When you lock yourself into an opinion then you can not see the truth in that case.

I agree with some here that what happened to EG after he was on the ground is troubling. I watched the two youtube videos yesterday, and I wondered if EG was even alive before he was put on the gurney. The EMT non-response bothers me a lot, and more so than anything else in the videos. However, though I think this could have been handled better by the cops, there's no way I'd consider this murder. The truth is that if EG had not indicated to the cops that they were not going to arrest him, none of this would have happened. And tragic as this case is, that is the bottom line. EG let the cops know that that day he wasn't going to submit to them. His choice. Unfortunately for EG, the wrong choice. I think given these same set of circumstances, the GJ had no choice but to return a No Bill. Not to mention all the other cops were given immunity, and the EMT's conduct was not in their power to decide anything on.

These "protests" have nothing to do with EG, just as they were never really about MB. I wish LE would have their own organized nation wide protests against the MSM/Politicians who are leading the anti-law enforcement/pro- agendas!

I wondered how much of a factor that would play in this part of the judicial process. I've seen civil suits lose or get dismissed because of contributory negligence or whatever.

Sent from Tapatalk
It is interesting because the family of the 12 yr old shot in Ohio, has filed a civil suit. The only case to do so, so far.

I agree with some here that what happened to EG after he was on the ground is troubling. I watched the two youtube videos yesterday, and I wondered if EG was even alive before he was put on the gurney. The EMT non-response bothers me a lot, and more so than anything else in the videos. However, though I think this could have been handled better by the cops, there's no way I'd consider this murder. The truth is that if EG had not indicated to the cops that they were not going to arrest him, none of this would have happened. And tragic as this case is, that is the bottom line. EG let the cops know that that day he wasn't going to submit to them. His choice. Unfortunately for EG, the wrong choice. I think given these same set of circumstances, the GJ had no choice but to return a No Bill. Not to mention all the other cops were given immunity, and the EMT's conduct was not in their power to decide anything on.

These "protests" have nothing to do with EG, just as they were never really about MB. I wish LE would have their own organized nation wide protests against the MSM/Politicians who are leading the anti-law enforcement/pro- agendas!

Exactly, Thanks.

Watching Anderson Cooper and just saw the new phone video posted above with the female EMT. She had her fingers on EG's mandible and not on his neck. Did anyone else notice this?

I thought Trayvon's parents won a civil suit.
I don't count that case, not LE related. Oh crap is going down in NY. People on the ground, LE arresting them.

To answer your question...the community assoc settled with them iirc.

No, this is before she feels his carotid. What she said was edited out of the video. She says, "Sir" and waits a sec and then looks up and says something that has been edited out.

At first I thought she was chewing gum...but the audio could be edited there. I don't want to allow my thoughts to go down that path ..... cuz the ambient noise is fine so someone had to go to some trouble to edit it. UGH

....These "protests" have nothing to do with EG,... I wish LE would have their own organized nation wide
protests against the MSM/Politicians who are leading the anti-law enforcement/pro- agendas!
sbm bbm

Would MSM present LE groups straightforwardly as LEO professionals, respectful of the public, yet concerned for their own safety?
If so, could be enlightening to many.

Or control crackpots? jackbooted militants? flaky fanatics? violent sadists? screwball psychos?
Fanning the flames = better ratings.

JM2cts.

Watching Anderson Cooper and just saw the new phone video posted above with the female EMT. She had her fingers on EG's mandible and not on his neck. Did anyone else notice this?

I don't know about the AC video, but the one I just watched on youtube shows the EMT feels his neck then talks to him.

Was this the Denver case? It was high school students who were saying "hit him again, hit him again" after a cop got hit by a car while they were protesting. Happened yesterday. Cop was in critical condition

appalling

Do not bring race or politics into the discussion... please and thank you.

Bumping up my previous post as the thread has gone completely off the rails.
This thread is temporarily closed for review while I clean up...

The thread is open again. Race discussions are off limits. Please remember that when posting. This is not new and is standard across the board. Thank you...

Imo its all getting mixed up. LE has the power to arrest somone after breaking some law. In this instance he was never placed under arrest. In order to be placed under arrest a charge must be levied. I have speed in the past, he had been selling cigs in the past. What noone has seen or heard about is FIsrt charge X. As a result of charge X the indiv then "resisited" being placed under arrest for charge.

What was he being arrested for? Anyone seen an arrest report.

Its a legal impossibility to be resisting arrest unless one is first arrested for somewthing. Throughout there was no mention that he was "caught" on that day doing what he had on some other days - what was he under arrest for?

There has been no officer x approached x after observing a cig sale to place him under arrest for x. All along the cig selling has been referred to in the past, there has been no inidcation of the reason for LE interacting with him from the onset. Can anyone hear the audio in the very beginning what was the dialog?

Reason for interaction in the first place

My take was this one was a power control issue

Imo its all getting mixed up. LE has the power to arrest somone after breaking some law. In this instance he was never placed under arrest. In order to be placed under arrest a charge must be levied. I have speed in the past, he had been selling cigs in the past. What noone has seen or heard about is FIsrt charge X. As a result of charge X the indiv then "resisited" being placed under arrest for charge.

What was he being arrested for? Anyone seen an arrest report.

Its a legal impossibility to be resisting arrest unless one is first arrested for somewthing. Throughout there was no mention that he was "caught" on that day doing what he had on some other days - what was he under arrest for?

There has been no officer x approached x after observing a cig sale to place him under arrest for x. All along the cig selling has been referred to in the past, there has been no inidcation of the reason for LE interacting with him from the onset. Can anyone hear the audio in the very beginning what was the dialog?

Reason for interaction in the first place

My take was this one was a power control issue

The vid audio speaks about a man in a red shirt he just sold to. Regardless, it could have been an investigation of a trespassing complaint, loitering, whatever. Or as they were talking to him he simply escalated to become pre-assaultive/disorderly. A LEO can lay charges anytime. They don't require pre-filing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back