NY - Officer Daniel Pantaleo used deadly chokehold on Eric Garner, Staten Island, July 2014

It's really a cross-cultural issue. 60% of marriages in the USA end in divorce, IIRC. Regardless of race. There are plenty of single parents in all racial groups. Single parents can still do a good job, and often do.

Often, better. Often, the custodial parent is ridding him or herself of a bad influence on his or her life, and that of their child or children. JMO

I made the mistake of turning on the news. :eek:hdear:

I wish someone would hand me a bullhorn, because I'd like to remind everyone of the parable about The Boy Who Cried Wolf. :(

Sent from Tapatalk

You'd have to ask the folks on thread who want to go back to the era of "wedlock", prayer in school, and ten commanents, not me. I'm not down with any of that nonsense.

(I can guess though - people of color)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I looked and can't that wording, lesser folk. That's ok

I made the mistake of turning on the news. :eek:hdear:

I wish someone would hand me a bullhorn, because I'd like to remind everyone of the parable about The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Sent from Tapatalk

Could you please be more specific. I don't have cable. Who was "crying wolf" in your estimation? And about what incident(s)?

Yeah I looked and can't that wording, lesser folk. That's ok

Hint - no one will come out and say it, but that's what people want when they decry over things not being like they were in the old days.

Because that's what things were actually LIKE in the old days. Women at home (certainly they weren't cops!), people of color segregated by law, and everything run by male wasps.

Everyone knew their place. And if you tried to break out of it, or rise above it, you could end up lynched.

Today you get shot or choke-held.

No US Constitutional rights for LEOs to consider when dealing w weather patterns. LOL.

Having one thread for MrG and another for broader political, social, economic issues, might prevent being at loggerheads.* JM2cts.

* To be "at loggerheads" means to be in a controversy or dispute with no obvious resolution. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loggerhead

Events don't happen in a vacuum though. How do we ever really grow as people without being able to look at the bigger picture of anything?

bbm If they can vote they are not powerless. jmo

OK Do you feel empowered when you vote? I feel hopeful, but I do not feel empowered. Just glad that I can still vote. And hope that no one is ever prevented from that. JMO

Hint - no one will come out and say it, but that's what people want when they decry over things not being like they were in the old days.

Because that's what things were actually LIKE in the old days. Women at home (certainly they weren't cops!), people of color segregated by law, and everything run by male wasps.

Everyone knew their place. And if you tried to break out of it, or rise above it, you could end up lynched.

When one takes away values and moralities and teaches/lives in and demonstrates immorality and law breaking, it tends to grow it, which gets us back to criminality and behaviors around it.

I disagree. Each and every person should be dealt with singularly.
:thankyou:
I think LE (and society) suffers when it becomes acceptable to paint all LEOs with a broad brush too.

Someone awhile back gave the numbers on how many arrests were made every day in America. I'm amazed and very glad that there aren't hundreds more tragedies like this.

Sent from Tapatalk

OK Do you feel empowered when you vote? I feel hopeful, but I do not feel empowered. Just glad that I can still vote. And hope that no one is ever prevented from that. JMO

It's a joke to me actually. I don't vote.

You are so right! I have been studying writings/poetry/music, and the authors of these works, from the early 1900s-1960s or so in my most recent class, and there was unhappiness, discord, crime, abuse, drug addiction and so many of the current societal problems in the so-called "golden era" of the 50s - it was just glossed over, ignored and not talked about. There was a pretense that everything was perfect in those days, when it most certainly wasn't!

So after intelligent debate it is decided to make homicide legal in New England that's ok with you 'cause some "intelligent" debate took place? Or do we hold to a higher standard as we have been since "THE OLD DAYS"?

That you are an LEO with these views scares the hell out of me.

Question - are you a woman?

You are so right! I have been studying writings/poetry/music, and the authors of these works, from the early 1900s-1960s or so in my most recent class, and there was unhappiness, discord, crime, abuse, drug addiction and so many of the current societal problems in the so-called "golden era" of the 50s - it was just glossed over, ignored and not talked about. There was a pretense that everything was perfect in those days, when it most certainly wasn't!

Yup. The good old days were only good for those who belonged to the privileged group - white, male Protestants.

Everyone else had to suck it up and stay in their places, to greater or lesser degrees.

It's a joke to me actually. I don't vote.

I'm taking you seriously. That is pretty much how I feel, but I still force myself to exercise that "right" even though I know that $$$ determines election results. JMO

The law does not allow for certain criminals to vote. That privilege gets taken away if you commit significant crimes & are charged as such.
I'm sure you already know this though.

So after intelligent debate it is decided to make homicide legal in New England that's ok with you 'cause some "intelligent" debate took place? Or do we hold to a higher standard as we have been since "THE OLD DAYS"?

That would never, ever happen. The vast majority of society, including the vast majority of atheists and agnostics, believes murder is wrong. Has nothing to do with religion really. It's an established social/moral norm.

That you are an LEO with these views scares the hell out of me.

Question - are you a woman?

Now your posts are being rude. You posted about trusting intelligent debate to determine laws rather than a higher standard than man. I gave you an example of future possibilities and you became rude.
No matter. I really see your point of view now. I also see why EG couldn't interact properly with officers

The law does not allow for certain criminals to vote. That privilege gets taken away if you commit significant crimes & are charged as such.
I'm sure you already know this though.

Yes. I know that. I think you meant to say "convicted" as opposed to "charged". I do not know what crimes, but I presume all felonies? Is that so? And then we are back to conviction for a felony, which for those who can afford it, have "charges" reduced. JMO

I'm taking you seriously. That is pretty much how I feel, but I still force myself to exercise that "right" even though I know that $$$ determines election results. JMO

The electoral college thing stops me, I won't waste my time if it doesn't count. btw I have never been arrested, but I do have a heavy foot.

That would never, ever happen. The vast majority of society, including the vast majority of atheists and agnostics, believes murder is wrong. Has nothing to do with religion really. It's an established social/moral norm.

Not disagreeing but where does that law originate?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back