NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read "police source" I think "detective on the case," which is of course what they want you to think. But it's more likely to be a loose-lipped dispatcher, the officer at the front desk, the attendant at the lot where the cops park their cars. When we had a serial killer around here, it turned out several LE leaks were from the retired part time officer who had been called on to direct traffic half a mile from the crime site. Media identified him as "an officer on the scene," which was technically correct.

At this point, the only things I'm taking as probably factual are the descriptions and information on the reward poster.

Re the reward poster, the ones I saw had a photograph of the home on them.

Were there any reward photos released with either the victim's photo and/or the still of the perp?

I apologize if this has been stated... but regarding the $3,500 Reward Poster, it sort of seems that Crime Stoppers offers rewards of "up to" that amount as a standard practice:

Crime Stoppers - NYPD

I am slightly surprised a private party has not offered to contribute toward the cause (I would have and I'm a total stranger), and I guess understand how the (edit) closely-related parties (edit) may be advised to stay out of it for various reasons? It could see it playing both ways... darned if you do, darned if you don't maybe?

I'd have trouble remaining quiet but that's just me in general. (Edit) on 2nd thought, I'd do my best to follow the advice of experienced authorities and everything in my power not to jeopardize the investigation. I'll try and be quiet now. (Edit)

Last edited:
Do we know when the husband called the police? Was it immediately after receiving/seeing the text message?
I have not run across anything that specifies when the husband alerted the police of the texts that he received. I believe the texts were sent in the early morning hours west coast time, so I am assuming he probably did not see them until he woke up that morning. I would be interested to hear the timing of how all that went down.

Something I've been thinking, is that the video of the perp that is public, is not that close to the crimescene. There's been few blocks already. And still the pace is fast, they don't seem to struggle with the heavy bag.
And that is after those 58 strikes, getting the body to the bag, carrying at least some stairs, cleaning up at least oneself, who knows what else, and then looking all effortless going down the street.
It might be just adrenaline rush (but for so many hours..hmmm), but it still at least tells us, that they must be in good shape. And that I doubt the leaving of the bag where it was, is not because they had no more energy. They would have struggled in the video already. Or maybe there's more than one of them. Or just young/& strong.

<modsnip - no link> could that mean video surveillance (externally or in the home) may have been either ambiguous by way of definitive identifying characteristics, deemed too circumstantial on its own for an arrest warrant, or even possibly deactivated ("advanced camera surveillance in the home")?

I'm guessing it's not as simple as cutting the power to a terminal to render a camera and/or cloud-storage obsolete. Or maybe they mean more than one perp involved in the crime and/or subsequent cover-up... or else I'm just generating ad revenue for them? I'd bet the latter if I bet on anything other than there's a lot I don't know.

Personally, I'm hoping they are painstakingly ruling out all possible avenues as not to be accused of having tunnel-vision come trial. Speculation only while I wait for "official" news.
Oops...added link, no idea how to restore original post. Sorry!!
Family electrician of murdered Queens mother says her home had cameras

Something I've been thinking, is that the video of the perp that is public, is not that close to the crimescene. There's been few blocks already. And still the pace is fast, they don't seem to struggle with the heavy bag.
And that is after those 58 strikes, getting the body to the bag, carrying at least some stairs, cleaning up at least oneself, who knows what else, and then looking all effortless going down the street.
It might be just adrenaline rush (but for so many hours..hmmm), but it still at least tells us, that they must be in good shape. And that I doubt the leaving of the bag where it was, is not because they had no more energy. They would have struggled in the video already. Or maybe there's more than one of them. Or just young/& strong.
Yes... I even wondered earlier today if the person moving the bag is not the murderer. Maybe the murderer did what they did in a rage and then decided the body needed to be moved, but how? So they quickly called a friend for help. Like - "I'm desperate here. I need your help. Here's $100. I need you to wheel this to the park. Don't look in it, don't ask questions." Or they called a friend who knew someone else who'd be hungry for a quick buck. Or something along those lines. The friend was told to walk there or at least leave their car blocks away. When the friend started seeing blood leaking out, they paniced and left it. Just hypothesizing here... MOO

This article makes it seem like the ex-handyman/lover and the alleged POI are two different people. It could very well just be the wording but still interesting to note.

Police Want to Talk to Handyman Who Had Romantic Relationship with Mom Found Slain in Duffel: Sources – People
<snipped & BBM>
The New York Police Department sources tell PEOPLE the handyman has not been declared a suspect or person of interest.

[...]

While they have identified a potential person of interest in the case, no arrests have been made.

Have we discussed the possibility that the son was supposed to sleep at a friend’s house that night and the plan changed? Maybe the killer thought OG was going to be all alone, didn’t realize the son was home after all.
JMO, a thought.

• JUST NOW
    Gaal's last movements, part three

"[Gaal] was very active on social media," Boyce said.

"Investigators will be taking those numbers, connecting them to Facebook profiles, and triangulating them to the home to see if they were there when she was killed."

Boyce added that if the killer had "half-a-brain cell" they'd likely have left their phone behind before carrying out the murder.

• 17 MINUTES AGO
    Gaal's last movements, continued

Robert Boyce, a thirty-five-year veteran of the NYPD, told The US Sun that investigators will be using Gaal's cellphone data to create a map of her final movements.

They will combine the data with credit card activity and any surveillance footage captured of her in the hours before her death, he explained.

Additionally, cellphone pings for the three people of interest in the case will also be analyzed by investigators to determine whether they were in or nearby the home at the time of her murder.

Murdered mom's chilling last moments revealed just before brutal killing

• JUST NOW

"Investigators will be taking those numbers, connecting them to Facebook profiles, and triangulating them to the home to see if they were there when she was killed."

Boyce added that if the killer had "half-a-brain cell" they'd likely have left their phone behind before carrying out the murder.

• 17 MINUTES AGO

Robert Boyce, a thirty-five-year veteran of the NYPD, told The US Sun that investigators will be using Gaal's cellphone data to create a map of her final movements.

They will combine the data with credit card activity and any surveillance footage captured of her in the hours before her death, he explained.

Additionally, cellphone pings for the three people of interest in the case will also be analyzed by investigators to determine whether they were in or nearby the home at the time of her murder.

So, is this 35 -year-veteran of the NYPD currently with NYPD, and working on the case, or is he just some retired mouthpiece looking for his 15 minutes plus the going rate? I would bet it's the latter, in which case he really probably knows little more than we do. The things he says seem like common sense procedures that anyone who follows criminal cases or watches Dateline would probably be able to guess. This article seems to have little, if anything newsworthy in it. JMO

So, is this 35 -year-veteran of the NYPD currently with NYPD, and working on the case, or is he just some retired mouthpiece looking for his 15 minutes plus the going rate? I would bet it's the latter, in which case he really probably knows little more than we do. The things he says seem like common sense procedures that anyone who follows criminal cases or watches Dateline would probably be able to guess. This article seems to have little, if anything newsworthy in it. JMO

I just did a quick Google search and it looks like he’s retired and comments on all kinds of cases.

• JUST NOW

• 17 MINUTES AGO

Sadly it didn't take long to find errors in the reporting. It reports her husband was at he University of Michigan at the time of the killing.......Ummm Nope!

Despite the information we now know about her many male contacts, I am still expecting this to be a young person who lives nearby and walked home that night.

To me it definitely looked like a small person Orsolya's height or even shorter. Maybe a young person that the family knew was angry with her for some reason. The amount of stab wounds may be because he/she was not strong enough to fatally wound her with just a few stabs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288