NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure how these boots will help them identify the killer? Presumably they are covered in OG's (and perhaps the perpetrator's) blood, but so it the rest of the house and the duffel bag she was found in. The only way I can see the boots being helpful is if the police release a photo of them (or an identical, non-bloody model) to the public and ask for help in identifying them, particularly if they are of a distinctive brand/style.

The Fugitive killer who stabbed Orsolya Gaal to death inside her Forest Hills home left behind a vital clue — a pair of blood-soaked boots, a police source said Wednesday.

Police are now running DNA tests on the boots, which cops found in a trash can outside the garage of the home where Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times early on Saturday, a high-ranking NYPD official told The Post.

Police believe Gaal was followed home by her killer
Cops hope boots will help ID NYC mom Orsolya Gaal’s killer: police source
Stupid is as stupid does.
: /

I'm not sure how these boots will help them identify the killer? Presumably they are covered in OG's (and perhaps the perpetrator's) blood, but so it the rest of the house and the duffel bag she was found in. The only way I can see the boots being helpful is if the police release a photo of them (or an identical, non-bloody model) to the public and ask for help in identifying them, particularly if they are of a distinctive brand/style.

They mentioned DNA. Do all arrested criminals have DNA on file these days? If that person had a criminal past, maybe it'd be a huge help. And as you said, definitely the brand/model might really be helpful if it's something unusual or someone notes is missing from their home in their spouse's/partner's/child's closet.

So if bloody boots were left in her trash (sigh - more sloppiness), what did the person wear when removing her body from the home? Came prepared with another set of shoes (premeditated) or got lucky and found something to wear in the basement that fit? Couldn't have gone upstairs to raid bedroom closets, right?

I also have friends and socialize but, sometimes, I like to do things on my own. I do a lot of stuff by myself. I 100% would go get a drink or two alone, no big deal. I don't see anything weird about her being at the bar by herself.

They mentioned DNA. Do all arrested criminals have DNA on file these days? If that person had a criminal past, maybe it'd be a huge help. And as you said, definitely the brand/model might really be helpful if it's something unusual or someone notes is missing from their home in their spouse's/partner's/child's closet.

So if bloody boots were left in her trash (sigh - more sloppiness), what did the person wear when removing her body from the home? Came prepared with another set of shoes (premeditated) or got lucky and found something to wear in the basement that fit? Couldn't have gone upstairs to raid bedroom closets, right?

Since 2012, any defendant convicted of a misdemeanor or felony must give a DNA sample to be added to the New York State DNA Databank.

But even if the perpetrator is in the databank, why would the bloody boots in particular help identify them if their blood is presumably already present at the crime scene? I'm not sure why the media is portraying this as a smoking gun.

One of the ways Gannon Stauch's killer was located by her DNA inside her tennis shoe with his blood on the outside.

Since 2012, any defendant convicted of a misdemeanor or felony must give a DNA sample to be added to the New York State DNA Databank.

But even if the perpetrator is in the databank, why would the bloody boots in particular help identify them if their blood is presumably already present at the crime scene? I'm not sure why the media is portraying this as a smoking gun.
Not sure. Maybe their blood hasn't been found inside the house, just hers? So this is the item they left behind that was noted earlier?

Thanks for the info about the DNA samples!

Stupid is as stupid does.
: /

Not really.(50%)

May be the shoe was planted with purpose to throw off the investigation as with the text messages sent.

Edit: I couldn't believe it was a robbery as well because the prep would have gone room by room and found the son either sleeping or awake in the room if the prep did spend more than 3.5 hours there

Didn’t someone post an article earlier on one of these threads that said LE had questioned a teenage boy from the neighborhood? I didn’t have time to read it, but did y’all discuss that? That does look like a young person dragging the bag.
Leaving bloody boots in the trash AT THE CRIME SCENE, dragging a bag with body dripping blood all over the neighborhood in the middle of the night with cameras everywhere, those stupid texts—this had to be a teenager IMO.

Not really.(50%)

May be the shoe was planted with purpose to throw off the investigation as with the text messages sent.

Edit: I couldn't believe it was a robbery as well because the prep would have gone room by room and found the son either sleeping or awake in the room if the prep did spend more than 3.5 hours there
Agree about the robbery aspect. This case gets more tv-like all the time. Let's send a fake text message and leave bloody boots behind! Hmm. Where are the clothes that were probably also bloody? Washed in the machine? Why not leave them behind, too? MOO

Looks like he may have changed into clothing, incl footwear found in the home.

He must have taken his bloody clothing, his outerwear (may have had splatter if had removed it), but could not carry the boots w/ everything else he was carrying and lugging.

Wonder if that is indeed a laptop that he is carrying in other hand. If so, bringing the boots - it's too much to add to his load.

If it's a stranger who followed her home, there would be footage of him lurking behind/in front of her. Stranger - leave her where you murdered her in the home.

The discovery of the boots is also a bit worrisome to me - is someone being framed? Let's steal their boots and put blood on them, and toss them casually like no one would think to look in the garbage, knowing they'd be found. Might as well just leave them on the kitchen counter.

I’m sure it was initially reported Orsolya had returned home around 11pm. The new 12:30am return leaves such a short gap between arriving home and being killed.

As I went back to check, I also noticed for the first time that there two calls to Police that morning RE the discovery of the bag. Someone called prior to the man walking his dogs as they had noticed the blood.

That first person did not wish to be named by the media. This case has been so bizarre that I’m wondering if this could have been the perpetrator, returning a few hours after dumping Orsolya.

A local resident was the first to stumble across the grisly scene, cops said. Noticing the blood, the Good Samaritan dialed dispatchers at roughly 8:11 a.m.

Police arrived to the scene after a second call was made.

Dismembered body of a woman is found in blood-soaked duffel bag on the street in Queens | Daily Mail Online

Didn’t someone post an article earlier on one of these threads that said LE had questioned a teenage boy from the neighborhood? I didn’t have time to read it, but did y’all discuss that? That does look like a young person dragging the bag.
Leaving bloody boots in the trash AT THE CRIME SCENE, dragging a bag with body dripping blood all over the neighborhood in the middle of the night with cameras everywhere, those stupid texts—this had to be a teenager IMO.

IA it all seems like a kid’s work, & keep thinking maybe there were other kids in the house on Fri & one of them committed the murder JMO as a possibility. Maybe on the way out when no else saw or knew. But that would fit better with a bunch of older teenagers, this is quite an extreme act for middle school-age boys moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member