GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

But why would she keep the key hidden for him, if she wanted the break up?
I think she opened the door.
No, the key was not kept hidden specifically for the accused.
It was a hidden house key just as many keep. Sorry if that was not clear. Another workman at the house (electrician?) previously mentioned that the homeowner also shared the location of the hidden key with him to gain access if he was absent.

Investigators quickly became focused on Bonola, who met Gaal while working as a handyman at the family’s tony Tudor home. The suspect knew an extra house key was kept hidden in an outdoor barbecue grill.

Handyman ex-lover of Queens mom confesses to stabbing Orsolya Gaal dozens of times, stuffing body in duffel bag

No, the key was not kept hidden specifically for the accused.
It was a hidden house key just as many keep. Sorry if that was not clear. Another workman at the house (electrician?) previously mentioned that the homeowner also shared the location of the hidden key with him to gain access if he was absent.

Investigators quickly became focused on Bonola, who met Gaal while working as a handyman at the family’s tony Tudor home. The suspect knew an extra house key was kept hidden in an outdoor barbecue grill.

Handyman ex-lover of Queens mom confesses to stabbing Orsolya Gaal dozens of times, stuffing body in duffel bag
Sorry to obsess about the key :) but I just don't understand it.
People spend money on alarms, etc. and then leave the keys for complete strangers!

Ok, one can leave the key with the trusted!!! neighbour, but nobody else.

Last edited:
I am guessing, more than anything, the spare key was left for the sons. Imo, teen boys (or teens in general) can be absentminded.

I think that sometimes they let others like a handyman or neighbor know where it was in case they needed access to the house. (Like if they were delayed and called a friend to run by and take the dog out.) People put keys outside all the time, imo.

It looked like from photos in MSM that there was a fence around the backyard and the bbq grill was inside the fenced portion. OG and family obviously felt that it was safe enough. And as far as we all know, it *was* safe enough. LE says OG let DB inside. I don't remember reading of a robbery or home invasion any other time so the fact there was a key hidden outside was not a problem. (Otoh, it might now be a problem because the existence of it and the location have been widely splashed across international news reports.)

MOO of course.

Handyman Allegedly Killed Orsolya Gaal During 'Heated' Argument About Ending Affair: Police

Queens Mother in Duffel Bag: Handyman David Bonola Arrested in Orsolya Gaal Death – NBC New York

Last edited:
Article from Queens Chronicle

Details emerge in Orsolya Gaal case
Experts examine how brutal crime could have happened in Forest Hills

Details emerge in Orsolya Gaal case
Very good points about her being scared. She may have not felt she had anyone that could help her and naturally didn't want her husband and children to know about the relationship with her killer. So very sad.

With DB having a deadly collection of 700+ videos be of any concern from a predictor of future potential violence?

I know nothing of DB's video collection other than reports he had over 750 videos of local news reports about violent crimes, including rapes, murders and shootings.

As a foreigner, with a YT channel in his own name, he may have told family and friends in Mexico that he lived near or knew the victims for his own "notoriety."

A fan of Narcos, what we see on local news in the US is nothing compared to cartel violence reported in Mx.

With DB having a deadly collection of 700+ videos be of any concern from a predictor of future potential violence?
The particular playlist is labeled "Local news" and it contains more than just news on crime. Also, crime covered is of all types. I wouldn't say that playlist is problematic.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQnRNkJWziaGnapgeK47LSWs2os3V4hH

There's another playlist labeled "Detective investigator FBI criminology" with 160+ videos which also features various types of crime, although there are multiple videos about a single topic/case.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQnRNkJWziZgWmcszCw5HdpKfjgVfbb1

Last edited:
I have locked myself out while doing yard work. I have a back door but I allow the 7 parakeets out in that room (exercise their wings) so use the side door to go in & out, I now carry key in pocket. Not a fan of hiding key outside. I know where the neighbor keeps her key, not because she showed me I saw her retrieve it one day where she had it hid.

Jmo

There was an incident while back, 2 guys working together, find house where someone is working outside in back yard, seperate and have person come to front of property for information while the other goes around back of house and enter house.

Why I lock and carry key.

From the video it looks like the “floral arrangement” may be the thing that looked like long wood/wicker handles with a few white (fake?) flowers tied on top. Couldn’t get a good view of what the handle-like things were attached to but appeared to maybe be a narrow tote bag or purse or the world’s longest handled Easter Basket. Just caught a glimpse but the flowers on the “handle” were the only flowers I could see.

No matter what it was, it’s weird.
To me the "thing" looked like some sort of a "dream catcher" perhaps, a ring (pasture/wrapped wire) decorated with several blossoms (artificial).

The particular playlist is labeled "Local news" and it contains more than just news on crime. Also, crime covered is of all types. I wouldn't say that playlist is problematic.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQnRNkJWziaGnapgeK47LSWs2os3V4hH

There's another playlist labeled "Detective investigator FBI criminology" with 160+ videos which also features various types of crime, although there are multiple videos about a single topic/case.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQnRNkJWziZgWmcszCw5HdpKfjgVfbb1
BBM

You know... please don't anyone get me wrong... but those are pretty big words to use for a playlist name. I know that **I** wouldn't use words that large when naming a playlist, so can't imagine someone like DB doing so. I don't know. I just find it strange.

BBM

You know... please don't anyone get me wrong... but those are pretty big words to use for a playlist name. I know that **I** wouldn't use words that large when naming a playlist, so can't imagine someone like DB doing so. I don't know. I just find it strange.
Could someone determine who could have updated the playlist as stated: 754 videos 835 views Last updated on Apr 18, 2022" and what was updated? That was 3 days after the incident

Sorry to obsess about the key :) but I just don't understand it.
People spend money on alarms, etc. and then leave the keys for complete strangers!

Ok, one can leave the key with the trusted!!! neighbour, but nobody else.

Ditto. I can't even see letting the affair partner know where the hidden key is kept, much less the FORMER affair partner.

Could someone determine who could have updated the playlist as stated: 754 videos 835 views Last updated on Apr 18, 2022" and what was updated? That was 3 days after the incident

It was likely DB. He wasn't taken into custody until Thursday, April 21st. The "Last updated" date shows the date that the last video was added. The last video on the list is not a news clip but a lyric video to the song "Silvera" by Gojira. Super creepy.

ETA: He has the same song video already saved on his playlist titled "New list." This list's last update was Nov 23rd, 2021, but the Gojira vid is towards the front of the list so it was likely added way before then. With this, I think it's even safer to assume it was DB who added it to the other list on April 18th.

Last edited:
It was likely DB. He wasn't taken into custody until Thursday, April 21st. The "Last updated" date shows the date that the last video was added. The last video on the list is not a news clip but a lyric video to the song "Silvera" by Gojira. Super creepy.

ETA: He has the same song video already saved on his playlist titled "New list." This list's last update was Nov 23rd, 2021, but the Gojira vid is towards the front of the list so it was likely added way before then. With this, I think it's even safer to assume it was DB who added it to the other list on April 18th.
Extremely gruesome lyrics and a spooky band. Speaks of an extremely disturbed mind JMO

Wont be surprised if he met her with the usual rose and she might not have known about his affinity to extreme violence
They were broken up at the time of their last meeting. An earlier report stated that he told police that he saw her texts to another man. The existence of the texts would be easy to check for LE. Perhaps he begged her to talk or threatened to make a scene. He likely wasn't violent with her before. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back