GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

Do you think he wrote the note "Get A New Handyman"? I was thinking that maybe she or her husband did. I'm more curious about how he saw her messages to other men and went to the house to discuss that with her? He may have tracking her.
I was thinking the same about the note. I guess it could have been him but that is not how my mind thought. At any rate, I am glad to come on here tonight and see that an arrest was made. Thank you to everyone for all the posts with all the info. Very helpful to those of us that can't be on very often.

Do you think he wrote the note "Get A New Handyman"? I was thinking that maybe she or her husband did. I'm more curious about how he saw her messages to other men and went to the house to discuss that with her? He may have tracking her.

I also wonder who wrote the note. Were they arguing and he gave her an ultimatum-- no relationship/no handyman? Or was he enraged and wrote it? I agree that the more interesting topic is how he had access to her phone to see the messages. Seems like things were getting more and more volatile --- he is looking at her private messages, showing up at her home. Most dangerous time in a controlling relationship is the days and weeks after the break up as it is when the controller can't get traction and becomes more desperate. JMHO

In this horror of horrors, I'm glad no one in the family was involved. It would be 100x worse if someone in OG's family committed the crime. At least there's something to be thankful for, along with the youngest son not being harmed (physically), and the other 2 family members + pet away from the house.

IN this article (Who is Orsolya Gaal's accused killer David Bonola? ), he is described as a "Richmond Hills resident, who works as a heating and air conditioning repairman, would also ask the staffers “personal questions” such as their ages, birthdays and where they lived and went to school, Pikulinksi said."

More than just a handyman. Would have had knowledge of mechanical systems in the house. I would think he would have known about the significant surveillance system in the house. If he did, then he was most likely blinded by the rage from rejection.

Speculating based on everything we have seen from DB’s behaviour after the murder, I think he wrote the note on the fridge ( especially if it was the only thing on a to do list ). He strikes me as someone super impulsive and dramatic so gestures like creepy love notes, revenge texts and fridge memos after commuting a murder would be his thing.

Speculating based on everything we have seen from DB’s behaviour after the murder, I think he wrote the note on the fridge ( especially if it was the only thing on a to do list ). He strikes me as someone super impulsive and dramatic so gestures like creepy love notes, revenge texts and fridge memos after commuting a murder would be his thing.
I'd be more apt to think the husband did it if he suspected something, or OG did it because he wasn't taking the breakup easily and she figured it would be best to just not have him around. Now, if there was blood on the note... THEN I'd be more apt to think he did it after committing the murder. But I just can't see him stopping to do something like that after panicking over what he had done. He had cleanup and a body to dispose of. MUCH more important things IMO. But one can never really know for sure what some individuals will do.

No way I believe she was having an intimate relationship with this guy. I was shocked when I saw his picture. Everybody said she was sweet and kind. People like that often have a hard time being rude, and some guys don't brush off easily. He strikes me as the type and most likely wanted to rub salt in the wound of her husband by making it sound as though he were her true love. This guy is dumber than dirt and looks like dirt, too. Just can't envision this on any level.

I wondered if he caught sight of the memo and that is what escalated the argument.

Where can I read about a note on the fridge? Also not sure if this has been posted but omg he sounds so creepy!!

Who is Orsolya Gaal's accused killer David Bonola?

David Bonola – who carried out an on-and-off affair with his alleged victim for the last two years – was a regular at the Austin Street coffee shop in Forest Hills and left female staffers so startled by his advances, they called the cops on him numerous times, a former worker claimed.

“He would come up to us and ask for coffees and tell us that we looked pretty and make comments about how we look,” former barista Oliwia Pikulinski, 21, told The Post by phone Thursday.

“He was creepy, he stalked people… It was known. Everyone knew he was a weird individual, especially in the Starbucks on Austin Street,” said Pikulinski, who worked at the location for three years before quitting five months ago.

Bonola — whose estranged wife and children also live in Queens, according to police sources — would also “drop in the tip jar love notes and songs that he would make about us,” said Pikulinski.

“He even went as far as proposing to two of us, which is super unsettling because of how weird the interactions were,” she said.

He was at the coffee shop multiple times a week and always ordered the same items – a dark roast pour over and a lemon loaf or banana nut loaf, the former worker noted.

In between his cups of Joe, the 44-year-old would frequently proposition female workers, handing them a note and a piece of jewelry as he asked them to be with him, according to Pikulinski.

I had a feeling we would get an arrest in this case soon-ish. I am glad that it wasn’t anyone in her immediate family, not that it doesn’t make this crime any less heinous, but there’s just something truly harrowing about family members being involved in these types of cases imo.

No way I believe she was having an intimate relationship with this guy. I was shocked when I saw his picture. Everybody said she was sweet and kind. People like that often have a hard time being rude, and some guys don't brush off easily. He strikes me as the type and most likely wanted to rub salt in the wound of her husband by making it sound as though he were her true love. This guy is dumber than dirt and looks like dirt, too. Just can't envision this on any level.

I know, and I’d never base anything on a murderer’s unsupported statement, but there’s some reason that the newspapers were saying that she was having an affair with a handyman, long before he talked to the police.

Where can I read about a note on the fridge? Also not sure if this has been posted but omg he sounds so creepy!!

David Bonola – who carried out an on-and-off affair with his alleged victim for the last two years – was a regular at the Austin Street coffee shop in Forest Hills and left female staffers so startled by his advances, they called the cops on him numerous times, a former worker claimed.

“He would come up to us and ask for coffees and tell us that we looked pretty and make comments about how we look,” former barista Oliwia Pikulinski, 21, told The Post by phone Thursday.

“He was creepy, he stalked people… It was known. Everyone knew he was a weird individual, especially in the Starbucks on Austin Street,” said Pikulinski, who worked at the location for three years before quitting five months ago.

Bonola — whose estranged wife and children also live in Queens, according to police sources — would also “drop in the tip jar love notes and songs that he would make about us,” said Pikulinski.

“He even went as far as proposing to two of us, which is super unsettling because of how weird the interactions were,” she said.

He was at the coffee shop multiple times a week and always ordered the same items – a dark roast pour over and a lemon loaf or banana nut loaf, the former worker noted.

In between his cups of Joe, the 44-year-old would frequently proposition female workers, handing them a note and a piece of jewelry as he asked them to be with him, according to Pikulinski.

Okay…my previous view on this relationship is now rescinded. If he is the only source for this ‘affair’ information, this bizarre coffee shop behavior makes me very doubtful that a romance ever happened….outside of his fantasies.

The comments on her FB could be just as unwelcome as the notes at the coffee shop. His explanation that she was texting other men…could have bern her honest acknowledgement of her search for a new handy man…that in his deluded mind was somehow a romantic betrayal.

She may have been trying her best to disengage with this unwanted ‘suitor’ but still kind enough to let him in if he surprised her with a visit. Perhaps then he saw the note on the refrigerator and everything escalated and he became violent.

Adding from the same article:

<snip>

An NYPD spokesperson said there are harassment complaints on file for the location but nothing that matches Pikulinski’s claims.

I still think they had a consensual relationship because LE seem firm on that. Quarantine in 2020 brought out a lot of problems for married couples and perhaps OG felt something was lacking in her relationship and liked the attention that DB was giving her. I think she saw the creepy side of him too at some point and was able to see it wasn’t truly love and ended things eventually.

I know some people made weird remarks about vanity and social media posts. While I don’t think posting on social media makes someone vain, I do think some people do it at periods where they are unhappy and seek validation from likes and comments. Someone like DB who would comment lovey things could make you feel good..for a little bit.

I think that article about the "get a new handyman" note is very ambiguously worded.

It's a note on the refrigerator, so it just seemed to me like a reminder OG had left herself. Although I would have been anxious, in her shoes, to call much attention to the handyman at all in case her family wondered why she wanted to replace him.

However, looking at it as many of you are, is it in fact that Bonola wrote the note? Which would certainly not only be an unnecessary revenge note with her lying dead, but planting his own evidence and spotlighting himself as the suspect.

My impression is still that it was a reminder to herself, something that needed to be done when she came home from her planned trip with her family.

The police know, of course, because her family knows if she wrote it or not. We will know eventually.

I don't know why it matters what the handyman was thinking or what delusions he may have had, or if there really was an affair, or it was just his fantasy. It doesn't excuse the crime, he's going to get the book thrown at him, as he should, and this poor woman was brutally killed by someone she knew.

Knowing his thoughts and all of that may not be something we ever learn. The story he's telling is they got in an argument, it got very heated, and he killed her (butchered her). As long as he's put away for life, with no chance for parole, ever, he won't be able to attack another homeowner.

I think that article about the "get a new handyman" note is very ambiguously worded.

It's a note on the refrigerator, so it just seemed to me like a reminder OG had left herself. Although I would have been anxious, in her shoes, to call much attention to the handyman at all in case her family wondered why she wanted to replace him.

However, looking at it as many of you are, is it in fact that Bonola wrote the note? Which would certainly not only be an unnecessary revenge note with her lying dead, but planting his own evidence and spotlighting himself as the suspect.

My impression is still that it was a reminder to herself, something that needed to be done when she came home from her planned trip with her family.

The police know, of course, because her family knows if she wrote it or not. We will know eventually.
Interesting, the article being cited about it said it was a major clue for LE. But they didn’t specify who wrote it! If he came in and saw that, EVEN MORE PISSED.

No way I believe she was having an intimate relationship with this guy. I was shocked when I saw his picture. Everybody said she was sweet and kind. People like that often have a hard time being rude, and some guys don't brush off easily. He strikes me as the type who most likely wanted to rub salt in the wound of her husband by making it sound as though he were her true love. This guy is dumber than dirt and looks like dirt, too. Just can't envision this on any level.

I agree. Especially after reading about how he treated the baristas in the coffee shop, and his really bizarre behavior. Giving them jewelry, writing songs and notes, and putting them in the tip jar. How do we really know there was a two-year affair?

Interesting, the article being cited about it said it was a major clue for LE. But they didn’t specify who wrote it! If he came in and saw that, EVEN MORE PISSED.

I wonder how many other people he was working as a "handyman" for. If OG's family was his main source or significant portion of his income, that would definitely make him even more angry that just the relationship ending. MOO.

I don't know why it matters what the handyman was thinking or what delusions he may have had, or if there really was an affair, or it was just his fantasy. It doesn't excuse the crime, he's going to get the book thrown at him, as he should, and this poor woman was brutally killed by someone she knew.

Knowing his thoughts and all of that may not be something we ever learn. The story he's telling is they got in an argument, it got very heated, and he killed her (butchered her). As long as he's put away for life, with no chance for parole, ever, he won't be able to attack another homeowner.
One would hope for that sentence, but in New York, a second degree murder charge carries a sentence of 15-25 years. Maybe a few more years with the other charges : / New York Second Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back