GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

IMPORTANT ADMIN NOTES

If your goal is to close this thread to discussion, then by all means, continue violating the TOS, AND, quoting posts that are in violation of the TOS, and you will accomplish that goal.

If however, you would like the thread to remain open, THEN unless/until LE names someone as a suspect/POI, please DO NOT:
- accuse or insinuate involvement by a family member.
- sleuth a family member, even if it is from an approved source.
- discuss a family member’s music tastes.
- comment on or discuss the APPEARANCE or LOOK of the suspect in a way that generalizes an entire culture, OR has nothing to do with the crime itself.
- post “ I read that ____” or “I heard that _____” WITHOUT including an approved link to MSM or LE to substantiate what you are saying. It is a RUMOR if there is no substantiation, AND a serious violation of TOS.
- it is NOT OK to argue for or against approved MSM sources on the thread. Scroll by and MOVE ON from anything you do not believe from APPROVED sources. Otherwise, debating the veracity of APPROVED sources is considered OFF TOPIC, AND, as of this warning, also seen as ignoring MOD/ADMIN instructions. BOTH of those things are violations of TOS.

ANY of the above, AND more, are considered violations of the Terms of Service that EVERYONE agreed to follow when they joined. Review the Websleuths rules HERE.

Members that continue to make posts that will result in closing the thread for cleanup are being issued Time Outs.

It is as simple as that.

Last edited:
Arrest made in death of 51-year-old Queens woman found in duffel bag near home – CNN
<snipped & BBM>
Once at the precinct, the suspect denied he was involved, before eventually admitting that he was the one who killed her, a law enforcement official told CNN. When officials from the Queens District Attorney's office arrived and also questioned him, he once again confessed to the killing, the official said.

Bonola was known to do repair work around Gaal's house, most notably on the air conditioner, servicing it many times, the official said. The suspect lived alone, but is believed to be separated from his wife and has children.

The MSM is trash and it’s terrible how they have reported on this case.
I hope the husband sues the hell out of some people for the pics of his underage son and his name being released. The media sucks, period. I wouldn’t want them writing the narrative after my brutal death, nor would I want the killer writing the narrative. Orsolya seemed like such a beautiful free spirit and so fearless. She loved the arts, traveling and her family dearly. RIP

Now that they have arrested the murderer, I hope the family and friends will start to hold various tribute events to OG, and that these events and testimonials about this wonderful woman will edge out the irrelevant facts about her relationship with the murderer. Everyone says she was a doting and caring mother to her sons, and their experience of their mother is theirs to keep, and has nothing to do with this guy. Same with the husband. Perhaps they had a special bond and it was interrupted for awhile, but they both had hoped to work on things and get it back on track. I think this guy was irrelevant to her life overall, and when he realized it for the last time, he wouldn't accept it and took her life.

OG is OG the wonderful and caring mom and wife and daughter and friend and nothing changes that, and ultimately hopefully will not change that in their eyes. They will get over this, with support and help from all who loved OG. I really believe they were a strong family, regardless of the situation. Marriage can be complex, and no one else knows the true nature of this marriage except OG and HK. I pray for their healing during this time of deep grief and their ability to put this guy behind them and remember OG as who they experienced her to be. Marriage can be complex, and people are complex, too. They should stand tall, OG seemed like a strong woman, strong in spirit, and they need to be, also.

Sorry for the rambling.

I feel like LE might be mistaken there because it looked like they weren’t sure in the presser. He might have come to the US 21 years ago via Mexico from Guatemala. He used the Guatemalan flag in comments.

At the presser, when LE said he came to the U.S. from Mexico, it sounded to me like he meant "via" Mexico, not necessarily that DB was "from" Mexico, but it wasn't clear to me.

PD says she let him in.

Oh I missed where they said this! They actually said she willingly let him in? Oh dear. I am just so curious as to the circumstances of this late night meetup. Was he invited to come over? Or did he show up unexpected at her door? Did the violence occur immediately, or were they talking for a while and he didn’t like what she had to say? Were they physically intimate, or did he try to force himself on her and she refused? I just want to know the lead-up to the violence and what might have triggered it.

IMO

Bonola received treatment for wounds to his hands at a hospital later on April 16, according to authorities. Queens handyman accused of killing Orsolya Gaal allegedly had two-year affair with her, cops say | amNewYork

I wonder how he explained his wounds at the hospital. NYPD was canvassing his neighborhood when he approached them I guess they knew that he wouldn't kill again or do something to someone else because it seems like they were sitting on him pretty tight and he knew it.

Someone upthread mentioned that him going to the hospital may have contributed to him getting caught, and mentioned Brandon Scott Lavergne, who killed Micky Shunick, and was caught after going to the hospital to get stitched up after she almost killed him, putting up the fight of her life. But even he was smart enough that he drove from Lafayette, La to New Orleans to be treated. DB apparently went to one close to his home, where probably everyone had seen the news within the first day and surely had a "hmmmmm" moment. I trust he at least went home and changed clothes first. Just one more not-so-bright move after the killing. JMO

ETA...Just as an aside, Micky Shunick was the first case I was really invested in here, and I still think of her often.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

Posts have been removed

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

All of us reading and posting here at Websleuths have had experiences in their lives, good and bad. That doesn't mean that our experiences should be discussed on the thread. This woman has been murdered. Please have some respect for her and for her surviving family, and remember that her children may one day read here.

Think before you post.

Thread is open.

Handyman Allegedly Killed Orsolya Gaal During 'Heated' Argument About Ending Affair: Police

It was a "heated" argument between former lovers that led to the brutal killing of Orsolya Gaal, a 51-year-old mother of two, according to New York Police Department officials.

Essig said Bonola had worked intermittently for Gaal over the course of those same two years.

"After disposing of the body, Mr. Bonola fled through Forest Park, where investigators discovered the jacket believed to be worn by him during this vicious crime," Essig said.

Detectives also learned someone located a pair of boots, a T-shirt and bloody bandages allegedly belonging to Bonola.

Investigators discovered Bonola was treated at the hospital Saturday for wounds to both hands.

Essig said Bonola was approached Wednesday evening by investigators canvassing Gaal's neighborhood for possible eyewitnesses and additional surveillance video of her killer.

If DB had children of his own, I could maybe see why he took the body so the son wouldn’t see it in the morning but then again if he cared so much as a parent himself, he wouldn’t have killed their mom in the first place.

I think he meant to take the duffel bag further than he got ( maybe he spotted a police cruiser, his hand injury was getting to him etc).

I wonder if he stayed in the home till 4am not to clean since he had evidence left behind but maybe because way less people would be out and about before sunrise.

I'm glad he was caught quickly. Very sorry for OG and her entire family. My expectation from the beginning was that an arrest would happen soon given how many surveillance cameras this guy must have passed (home, business & city cameras).

The net was closing in on him quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back