GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

This case has really highlighted to me how CCTV images can be really ‘off’ IYKWIM

IMO they show what they show, and our own preconceived notions fill in the rest.

The excellent picture revealed by LE was very clear, but even the grainy one we saw with "someone" pulling that bag down the street gave a lot of info. We learned, and especially LE learned, what time events took place, and even that this person was the murderer, after OG's body was sadly found in the bag that was depicted on the video.

Jmo

IMO they show what they show (CCTV images), and our own preconceived notions fill in the rest.

The excellent picture revealed by LE was very clear, but even the grainy one we saw with "someone" pulling that bag down the street gave a lot of info. We learned, and especially LE learned, what time events took place, and even that this person was the murderer, after OG's body was sadly found in the bag that was depicted on the video.

Jmo
RBBM.

Excellent point!

IMO they show what they show, and our own preconceived notions fill in the rest.

Jmo

I meant with regards to perspective distortion due to camera distance and angle etc. i.e. I thought the initial still shot of the CCTV portrayed the perpetrator as much smaller but the actual video itself was different. I get you though. The time and location etc will always be very specific.

Whatever is that on DB’s back though?

Whoa I was totally wrong. I really thought it was a young person. So glad they caught this guy. I feel so terrible for Orsolya and her family. :(
I’m still just floored that an adult person would do so many stupid things on top of the horrendous murder that he committed. Just an awful situation.

Um, eating crow, yummy! I was way off. I thought the perp was someone very young or even a woman. Not that it's any less terrible that it is believed to be the adult handyman, DB. What an awful situation. Why don't people just walk away, cool off? Why is the answer to too many, to commit murder? I will never understand it. *stay safe, WS'ers.*

“Detectives had his home under surveillance when a sanitation truck made a regular pick-up on Wednesday. They stopped the truck around the corner, and a search of Bonola’s garbage produced a bloody pair of work boots, along with a number of other blood-stained items“

I thought the boots were found at the victim’s house garbage but this makes more sense.

“GET A NEW HANDYMAN.”

Detectives investigating the murder last weekend of Queens mother of two Orsolya Gaal found those words written on a household memo affixed to her refrigerator, a senior NYPD supervisor told The Daily Beast.

This Clue Helped Cops Solve the Horrific Murder of a Mom in Queens
My jaw is on the floor. I actually thought maybe he would be remorseful after committing such a heinous act. He took the time to do THAT?!

And this, from above article, wow.
“Bonola is said to have further told the detectives that he had seen text messages she exchanged with another man, and had gone to talk to her about that shortly after midnight on Saturday.”

So IMO he went over there piiiiiissssed

Last edited:
My jaw is on the floor. I actually thought maybe he would be remorseful after committing such a heinous act. He took the time to do THAT?!

“Bonola is said to have further told the detectives that he had seen text messages she exchanged with another man, and had gone to talk to her about that shortly after midnight on Saturday.”

Bad bad bad...he had so much rage...

“Detectives had his home under surveillance when a sanitation truck made a regular pick-up on Wednesday. They stopped the truck around the corner, and a search of Bonola’s garbage produced a bloody pair of work boots, along with a number of other blood-stained items“

I thought the boots were found at the victim’s house garbage but this makes more sense.

Respectfully, to me, it doesn't make much more sense. Her garbage would have been the absolute worst place he could dump his bloody boots. His garbage would be the second worst place he could dump them. Of all the trash cans he walked by between her house and his, but he decided to take them home with him. You can't make up some of the stupid things this guy did. JMO

Last edited:

From your post, this explains the bloody boots and other blood stained items being found in the trash:

"According to the supervisor, Bonola became a focus of the investigation early on. Detectives had his home under surveillance when a sanitation truck made a regular pick-up on Wednesday. They stopped the truck around the corner, and a search of Bonola’s garbage produced a bloody pair of work boots, along with a number of other blood-stained items, he said.

Respectfully, to me, it doesn't make much more sense. Her garbage would have been the absolute worst place he could dump his bloody boots. His garbage would be the second worst place he could dump them. Of all the trash cans he walked by between her house and his., he decided to take them home with him. You can't make up some of the stupid things this guy did. It's almost like he wanted to get caught... JMO
Over and over we all have been using different verbs describing him and his actions. His thinking was, lets say, on the slow side.

Even if it was spur of the moment...his actions after the fact are mind boggling.

Do you think he wrote the note "Get A New Handyman"? I was thinking that maybe she or her husband did. I'm more curious about how he saw her messages to other men and went to the house to discuss that with her? He may have tracking her.

The article below from CBS has different info than the Daily Beast (above). No mention of a wife that passed away in Mexico. This source is saying they are separated and she also lives in Queens. I'll bet she's thanking her lucky stars that separation ended the way it did (not the way it ended for OG).

Police add Bonola moved to the United States from Mexico 21 years ago. Sources add he is separated from his wife, who also lives in Queens. He has two children of his own.

NYPD: Orsolya Gaal's boyfriend David Bonola arrested in brutal murder of Queens mother

Respectfully, to me, it doesn't make much more sense. Her garbage would have been the absolute worst place he could dump his bloody boots. His garbage would be the second worst place he could dump them. Of all the trash cans he walked by between her house and his, but he decided to take them home with him. You can't make up some of the stupid things this guy did. JMO

And he had discarded things close to where the bag/her body was found. Why would you bring it back to a place that can be linked to yourself? I am also surprised that he did not think that there would be someone going through his trash given how everyone was talking about looking for the "handyman" all day long. There is a strange disconnect--- the cut hands but no panic about doctors telling the police, writing get a new handyman on the note paper, and all of the cameras that as a handyman he had to have known existed in her neighborhood as well as his. JMHO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back