GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

she might not have known about his affinity to extreme violence

I don't think the YouTube playlist is evidence of an affinity for extreme violence. Many people, myself included, listen to death metal and don't go on to commit violent murders. <modsnip> So far, we don't have any real evidence of DB being a previously violent individual. Perhaps something will come to light during the trial.

I do think it's super creepy that he was on YouTube after murdering OG, casually adding songs to a playlist - one song particularly that strongly references death.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the YouTube playlist is evidence of an affinity for extreme violence. Many people, myself included, listen to death metal and don't go on to commit violent murders. <modsnip> So far, we don't have any real evidence of DB being a previously violent individual. Perhaps something will come to light during the trial.

I do think it's super creepy that he was on YouTube after murdering OG, casually adding songs to a playlist - one song particularly that strongly references death.
Hope there is a difference between watching heavy metal and brazen posting the song on a channel after the murder

I totally agree that his choice of music, by itself, doesn’t mean a whole lot. Out of curiosity, I googled the meaning of the song “Silvera” and many believe it is about veganism and what they refer to as the animal holocaust. IMO, having the song on a playlist is not evidence or proof of a disturbed mind.
I realize this isn’t msm, so please delete if needed.

So ... new hidden key protocol -- when not at home, leave key in location which is undisclosed until absolutely necessary (i.e. in case a house emergency actually does require a tradesperson to gain access). When and if this does happen, find new hidden key location until next catastrophe transpires #LatherRinseRepeat (Also maybe remove key from said location whilst at home solo)

So ... new hidden key protocol -- when not at home, leave key in location which is undisclosed until absolutely necessary (i.e. in case a house emergency actually does require a tradesperson to gain access). When and if this does happen, find new hidden key location until next catastrophe transpires #LatherRinseRepeat (Also maybe remove key from said location whilst at home solo)
I don't know if that would work. Speaking for myself, I have VERY limited places to hide a key, even though I have a large yard. In fact, I can't come up with a good place to hide a key in my back yard either, and it's rather large with lots of stuff in it. So if I can't come up with 1 good place, I certainly couldn't come up with multiple places. Also, a fair amount of people have smaller yards than I do, with hardly any hidey spots.

I really like your idea to removed the key while at home though! :D Unfortunately, I can see me forgetting to put it back out and that would be the one time I locked myself out. lol :p

I once hid a key under a rock in a very rocky area of someone's yard I was housesitting for. There were some ground vines so I strategically placed them around the rock so it looks like they grew that way and have been there for a long time. Imagine my surprise to find the rock no longer in place when I came to check on things, and the key was gone as well. I found the key about a foot away. Let's just say I wasn't comfortable after that and couldn't wait for her to return.

Wont be surprised if he met her with the usual rose and she might not have known about his affinity to extreme violence
It also seems like they both appreciated music and art. If he was able to carry on an intelligent conversation with her--stimulating her mind, that can be a strong aphrodisiac. Probably the topics of interest to her that they initially shared started to wane, along with his desire to deepen the intimate relationship with her. At that point, she started to pull back, and the seriousness of the situation escalated to violence. Physical intimacy has a strange way of altering one's sense of entitlement and future expectations.

It appears, based on his activities during and after the murder, he felt justified in killing OG. In his mind, he is the jilted lover, and she got what was coming. How he went off the deep end with no remorse suggests that he had previous bouts of unstable emotions and anger that he was able to keep in check by vicariously uploading various youtube clips, along with his usual social interactions, etc. I think the relationship with OG was the perfect storm--his fantasies of the perfect lover and an improved lifestyle lured him into believing she belonged to him whether or not she wanted the relationship. Murdering her was his way of controlling the ending of it.

David Bonola allegedly thought Orsolya Gaal gave him HIV, records show

“She gave me HIV,” Bonola allegedly told detectives at the 112th Precinct on April 20. “She lied to me, she used me. She told me that she loved me. She couldn’t be with one person.”

Police said Gaal, a 51-year-old mother of two boys, went to a show at Lincoln Center with friends on April 15, then stopped at a local bar alone and ordered “her usual Moscow mule,” a bartender there told The Post.

She got home around 12:30 a.m., followed by her killer.

“I knocked on her door,” Bonola, a heating and air conditioning repairman who had done work for Gaal’s family, allegedly told cops after being taken into custody.

“She opened the door and asked me what I was doing there,” he recalled. “I told her that I just wanted her to tell me the truth about why she gave me HIV. She said she didn’t have HIV.”

He said Gaal told him their affair was over, and “grabbed the knife and told him to leave her house or she would kill him. “I grabbed the knife and cut her from the neck,” Bonola allegedly told police. “She kept fighting and we fall. She was moving and trying to grab me so I stabbed her in the neck to get her to stop attacking me.”

Lots of new information in that article, though it is the Post, FWIW.

Aside from DB thinking that he got HIV from OG, it states that she was the one who grabbed the knife first.The article also mentions that he took her laptop (because she had sex videos on them) and threw it in the Hudson River.

So has he actually tested positive for HIV, or was this just paranoia on his part based on the fact that he had convinced himself that OG was "cheating" on him with multiple partners?

"The handyman accused of fatally stabbing Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and stuffing her in a duffel bag claimed he killed her because he believed she’d given him HIV during their torrid two-year affair, according to court records unsealed in court Tuesday."

It appears, based on his activities during and after the murder, he felt justified in killing OG. In his mind, he is the jilted lover, and she got what was coming. How he went off the deep end with no remorse suggests that he had previous bouts of unstable emotions and anger that he was able to keep in check by vicariously uploading various youtube clips, along with his usual social interactions, etc. I think the relationship with OG was the perfect storm--his fantasies of the perfect lover and an improved lifestyle lured him into believing she belonged to him whether or not she wanted the relationship. Murdering her was his way of controlling the ending of it.
Your analysis appears right on the money.

Mr. Bonola's narrative of what happened the night he slaughtered Ms. OG in her home is Machismo on steroids. He will paint OG as a woman first deserving of his love, then deserving death when she longer wanted him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back