GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

I am also sceptical about his saying that OG grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed his hand, and then he got it away from her and stabbed her, as if it was self-defense. I wonder how they would prove this to be the case, or refute it. Perhaps the wounds on his hands would provide that kind of information - either from the hospital he went to after the event, or when examined later by LE when he was in custody.
Yeah, I don’t buy that either.

After the gruesome killing, Bonola allegedly left Gaal's husband a bizarre message.

"I wanted to call and say sorry for what happened," Bonola allegedly said, according to a summary of the statement in court papers. "I was having an intimate relationship with Orsolya, we have been intimate many times, one time was at your house. She had a few other lovers. I did not do this. I will go to the police precinct to talk to them.

The fact that he supposedly sent this message to OG's husband after the attack just shows how unstable he is and how much he did, indeed, want to shame her more than anything. What a sicko. Did he think he was sending a condolence message to throw the husband off the trail? I just can't even fathom how his brain would work to send this to a grieving husband.

I read this as saying "I'm so sorry about what happened BUT your wife was a cheating who*e, and not only with me (in your house, too, by the way), but with other people. So yeah...I guess she got what she deserved...but not from me!"

Since DB told LE everything, would LE have recovered the laptop he tossed into the Hudson and review the videos that he claims?
According to the Fox News article linked earlier today he threw both her laptop and her phone into the river. I guess he the object he was seen carrying in the surveillance video was the laptop. Was her phone ever found?

According to the Fox News article linked earlier today he threw both her laptop and her phone into the river. I guess he the object he was seen carrying in the surveillance video was the laptop. Was her phone ever found?
So sad and so much uncontrolled rage. Knew right from the start this wasn’t a random attack. Feel terrible for the husband, kids, family and friends/co-workers families. I read where someone opined that OG knew she was in a mess but didn’t know how to get out of it without exposing the situation and was trapped. I’m sure one of her “girlfriends” knew what was going on and confided with her.

A few interesting comments reported in the NY Post article on 5-10.

DB said OG took a call from another guy and was going to see him? Was this while he was in the home after she returned from having drinks after the show? Why would OG take a call in from another guy when DB was right there? By seeing him was it for “having an affair”?

Who was this “guy” on the call? Was this the same guy she met at the Lincoln Center (1010 WINS) before going to see the mariachi style music of Jamie Lazano “Songs by an Immigrant” (MOO). Was this other guy Latino like DB. If so, and DB knew OG may have gone with him to see the show, that would have only increased his rage. Were the girlfriends at the show the same “Russian” friends she would hang out with at the 5 Burrow Cafe on Ave in Forest Hills (NY Post)?

Was there ever a guy OG had arrested? Did OG use this to try to deflect attention get DB to eave? Was this arrest in NYC? At their previous home on 75th and Austin Ave? I have not heard of any prior assault cases reported by OG. Did OG say this as a threat so DB would back off?

Lastly, about the laptop. I don’t understand why DB would take and throw the laptop in the Hudson River. Do the police have cell tower tracking of DB travelling to the Hudson River to get rid of the laptop? When and where would DB meet with OG on the west side of Manhattan? Why not toss the laptop in the East River or Jamaica Bay?

None of this should have any impact on the case against DB. Just curious.

So sad and so much uncontrolled rage. Knew right from the start this wasn’t a random attack. Feel terrible for the husband, kids, family and friends/co-workers families. I read where someone opined that OG knew she was in a mess but didn’t know how to get out of it without exposing the situation and was trapped. I’m sure one of her “girlfriends” knew what was going on and confided with her.

A few interesting comments reported in the NY Post article on 5-10.

DB said OG took a call from another guy and was going to see him? Was this while he was in the home after she returned from having drinks after the show? Why would OG take a call in from another guy when DB was right there? By seeing him was it for “having an affair”?

Who was this “guy” on the call? Was this the same guy she met at the Lincoln Center (1010 WINS) before going to see the mariachi style music of Jamie Lazano “Songs by an Immigrant” (MOO). Was this other guy Latino like DB. If so, and DB knew OG may have gone with him to see the show, that would have only increased his rage. Were the girlfriends at the show the same “Russian” friends she would hang out with at the 5 Burrow Cafe on Ave in Forest Hills (NY Post)?

Was there ever a guy OG had arrested? Did OG use this to try to deflect attention get DB to eave? Was this arrest in NYC? At their previous home on 75th and Austin Ave? I have not heard of any prior assault cases reported by OG. Did OG say this as a threat so DB would back off?

Lastly, about the laptop. I don’t understand why DB would take and throw the laptop in the Hudson River. Do the police have cell tower tracking of DB travelling to the Hudson River to get rid of the laptop? When and where would DB meet with OG on the west side of Manhattan? Why not toss the laptop in the East River or Jamaica Bay?

None of this should have any impact on the case against DB. Just curious.
This is what I thought too regarding your post: "I read where someone opined that OG knew she was in a mess but didn’t know how to get out of it without exposing the situation and was trapped. I’m sure one of her “girlfriends” knew what was going on and confided with her." Yes, I think too--had family and/or friends intervened, she might still be here today. It seems like the affair wasn't known by many people giving Bonola an edge in continuing to manipulate OG into remaining open to his company despite her misgivings and attempts to stop the affair. It appears OG was between a rock and a hard place--she didn't have a lot choices once the relationship with Bonola became problematic. Sadly, in the end, it seems she still thought she could handle Bonola by reasoning with him not realizing that he was disturbed emotionally, viewed her as having no rights to refuse him, and would kill her when she insisted their relationship was over. Bonola might have taken OG's laptop and phone to discard them to help support his doubtful story that OG had sex tapes on her laptop...in his mind, leaving the laptop at her house meant investigators could easily see what was really saved on it...refuting his story.

This case reminds me of the murder of Jason Corbett.

Molly Martens and her father committed such a heinous, brutal crime…that their ‘defense’ has been to try to destroy the victim’s character as a distraction from their brutality. The message from them is that their victim wasnt worth much, so lets just forget about how that victim died.

in both cases , there was undeniable overkill, but the killers want to be viewed as the victims instead. In both cases, those who loved the victims, endure a second ordeal as the deceased is defamed by these killers…who now try to destroy their memory just as they destroyed their life.

I think the relationship was over for her, but not for him. Since she let him in the house that night, she obviously didn't think he was dangerous. IMO the police knows by now if there were other men. It doesn't matter, because no motive justified his actions. Blaming jealousy won't bring him a lesser sentence.

My thoughts on why Bonalo after killing OG in her home and deciding to take her body with him is because her death didn't resolve the intent and aftermath of Bonalo's rage and his need to control her. Dragging her body in a hockey totebag to its final place of discovery off a sidewalk several blocks from her home suggests to me he had no plans in mind--he simply was on auto pilot continuing to force her to comply even though she was dead.
He presumably stayed in the house for hours after the murder. What did he do during that time? Clean up? Consider his options? Snoop around? It looks like he decided early on to remove her body, otherwise he could have fled the scene immediately.

How did he know that the husband and older son were away when he approached the house? He could have been in communication with OG, despite their breakup. Or did he stalk the husband online?

He presumably stayed in the house for hours after the murder. What did he do during that time? Clean up? Consider his options? Snoop around? It looks like he decided early on to remove her body, otherwise he could have fled the scene immediately.

How did he know that the husband and older son were away when he approached the house? He could have been in communication with OG, despite their breakup. Or did he stalk the husband online?
I think Bonola and OG talked/argued for a couple hours after he arrived at her home around midnight... perhaps right away they moved to the basement so neighbors and OG's son wouldn't hear them. After which, they went together to the kitchen (blood was found around the kitchen area, as I understand it) to get something to drink/eat, and Bonola saw the note on the refrig--"get another handyman." Dismissing him as a handyman might have been the lynch pin to his murderous rage. After reading the note on the refrig, Bonola realized Og was serious, she wanted the relationship to completely stop with no contact at all, and he grabbed a kitchen knife out of the knife block on the kitchen counter and proceeded to stab/poke at OG--demanding that she retrack her intentions. There were indications she had shallow poking wounds/and defensive cuts on her--I think at that point, OG ran back down to the basement were Bonola killed her. The other possible scenario for me, OG stayed in the basement, while Bonola went to the kitchen refrigerator to gather some things. While opening the refrigerator, he saw the "Get another handyman" note, grabbed a knife from the kitchen knife block, concealed the knife in his pants..then went back went back to OG waiting in the basement--confronted her over refrigerator note, not accepting her vocal explanation--stabbed her death. Bonola's hands had deep cuts--his blood mixed with OG's blood possibly dropping around the kitchen as he cleaned up. Cutting someone's throat seems to suggest to me that the killer's rage was focused on not wanting to hear the victim's point of view. Jodi Arias comes to mind--she also cut TA's throat. Her murder trial was completely focused on reems, and reems, of emails, texts and phone calls. Maybe Bonalo threw out OGs laptop and phone (in the river), thinking it would destroy a lot of damning emails, and other incriminating evidence. Jodi thought throwing her camera in Travis's washing machine would erase the memory stick of all the sex-rated pictures they took the afternoon she killed him.

Why would anybody believe any of his tales? This was overkill by a predator that could not /would not accept "no."

Published May 11, 2022 1:42pm EDT

The accused killer of married New York City mom Orsolya Gaal claimed to police that Gaal gave him HIV and that's why he showed up at her house the morning of the murder, according to newly unsealed court papers. [to confront her].

[,,]

"She lied to me, and she used me," Bonola told the detective at the 112th Precinct, according to the filing. "She told me that she loved me, but that she couldn't be with one person. She took a phone call from another guy, and she said she was going to see him. That made me angry. I couldn't accept it. Then, I saw her with Carlos, another guy."

[..]

"She said that she didn't have HIV," he told the detective. "She told me that she didn't want anything to do with me and didn't want to see my anymore."

He claimed that the 51-year-old mother of two grabbed a knife and threatened to kill him if he didn't get out of her house – but he refused to leave.

[..]

"She kept moving, so I stabbed her," he allegedly said in a second confession given to Assistant District Attorney Peter McCormack April 20, repeating many of the gory details. "I noticed there was a lot of blood coming out of her neck and I noticed she stopped breathing."

[..]

After the gruesome killing, Bonola allegedly left Gaal's husband a bizarre message.

"I wanted to call and say sorry for what happened," Bonola allegedly said, according to a summary of the statement in court papers. "I was having an intimate relationship with Orsolya, we have been intimate many times, one time was at your house. She had a few other lovers. I did not do this. I will go to the police precinct to talk to them."

He told authorities that he stole Gaal's laptop and cellphone and tossed them in the Hudson River "near a place where we were supposed to get together for our anniversary.

Why would anybody believe any of his tales? This was overkill by a predator that could not /would not accept "no."

Published May 11, 2022 1:42pm EDT

The accused killer of married New York City mom Orsolya Gaal claimed to police that Gaal gave him HIV and that's why he showed up at her house the morning of the murder, according to newly unsealed court papers. [to confront her].

[,,]

"She lied to me, and she used me," Bonola told the detective at the 112th Precinct, according to the filing. "She told me that she loved me, but that she couldn't be with one person. She took a phone call from another guy, and she said she was going to see him. That made me angry. I couldn't accept it. Then, I saw her with Carlos, another guy."

[..]

"She said that she didn't have HIV," he told the detective. "She told me that she didn't want anything to do with me and didn't want to see my anymore."

He claimed that the 51-year-old mother of two grabbed a knife and threatened to kill him if he didn't get out of her house – but he refused to leave.

[..]

"She kept moving, so I stabbed her," he allegedly said in a second confession given to Assistant District Attorney Peter McCormack April 20, repeating many of the gory details. "I noticed there was a lot of blood coming out of her neck and I noticed she stopped breathing."

[..]

"I wanted to call and say sorry for what happened," Bonola allegedly said, according to a summary of the statement in court papers. "I was having an intimate relationship with Orsolya, we have been intimate many times, one time was at your house. She had a few other lovers. I did not do this. I will go to the police precinct to talk to them."

He told authorities that he stole Gaal's laptop and cellphone and tossed them in the Hudson River "near a place where we were supposed to get together for our anniversary.
all of it is a lie

I think Bonola and OG talked/argued for a couple hours after he arrived at her home around midnight... perhaps right away they moved to the basement so neighbors and OG's son wouldn't hear them. After which, they went together to the kitchen (blood was found around the kitchen area, as I understand it) to get something to drink/eat, and Bonola saw the note on the refrig--"get another handyman." Dismissing him as a handyman might have been the lynch pin to his murderous rage. After reading the note on the refrig, Bonola realized Og was serious, she wanted the relationship to completely stop with no contact at all, and he grabbed a kitchen knife out of the knife block on the kitchen counter and proceeded to stab/poke at OG--demanding that she retrack her intentions. There were indications she had shallow poking wounds/and defensive cuts on her--I think at that point, OG ran back down to the basement were Bonola killed her. The other possible scenario for me, OG stayed in the basement, while Bonola went to the kitchen refrigerator to gather some things. While opening the refrigerator, he saw the "Get another handyman" note, grabbed a knife from the kitchen knife block, concealed the knife in his pants..then went back went back to OG waiting in the basement--confronted her over refrigerator note, not accepting her vocal explanation--stabbed her death. Bonola's hands had deep cuts--his blood mixed with OG's blood possibly dropping around the kitchen as he cleaned up. Cutting someone's throat seems to suggest to me that the killer's rage was focused on not wanting to hear the victim's point of view. Jodi Arias comes to mind--she also cut TA's throat. Her murder trial was completely focused on reems, and reems, of emails, texts and phone calls. Maybe Bonalo threw out OGs laptop and phone (in the river), thinking it would destroy a lot of damning emails, and other incriminating evidence. Jodi thought throwing her camera in Travis's washing machine would erase the memory stick of all the sex-rated pictures they took the afternoon she killed him.
BBM. Media reports stated that Bonola arrived at the house between 12:30 and 12:40am and that she was murdered at around 12:40am, so almost right away. This info was also on a poster put out by police, before he was apprehended. There was speculation here on WS that her time of death might have been detected by a fitness tracker. He was seen on camera at 4:30am, so he waited for nearly four hours.

Last edited:
Bonola is making excuses to justify in his own mind what he did.
If he let himself into the house, maybe OG would have felt the need to grab a knife for protection.
No way she pulled a knife on him after letting him into the house.
I think whatever relationship Bonola and OG had, it soured a number of weeks previously.
OG may very well have been dating a new man and Bonola probably suspected this.
He probably got more details from her phone after murdering her.

What would "records show" mean in this headline:

David Bonola allegedly thought Orsolya Gaal gave him HIV, records show​

Hopefully--there aren't any "records" of Bonola getting tested for HIV, having HIV--and then telling someone OG gave him HIV before he killed her. I don't think that's likely given everything else he claims to have happened--but it might influence a jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back