GUILTY NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022 *Arrest* #3

It's bizarre. Killer moves the body yet the weapon knife and killer's jacket remains at crime scene.
yes, that seems to indicate he was only focused on her body not on anything else. Leaving behind all the evidence and just taking her body smacks of possession needs overruling common sense. I think everything he did during the murder and his statements to law officials show a man obsessed with OG and sex. The statement "she was seeing other men and cheating on me" seems like additional confetti thrown to support his elaborate sex-filled story and give more substance to the multiple reasons why he had no choice but to kill OG.

Bonola is making excuses to justify in his own mind what he did.
If he let himself into the house, maybe OG would have felt the need to grab a knife for protection.
No way she pulled a knife on him after letting him into the house.
I think whatever relationship Bonola and OG had, it soured a number of weeks previously.
OG may very well have been dating a new man and Bonola probably suspected this.
He probably got more details from her phone after murdering her.
It really is a stretch of the imagination for me to think OG would feel comfortable threatening anyone with a knife much less Bonola. OG's personality, community based interests, and the high opinion people had of her do not align with Bonola's claim that she grabbed a knife. Unless she was extremely scared of him--they had previous heated arguments where he threaten to hurt/kill her--I don't think she would use deadly force to ward him off. In this case, I think OG was still trying to reason with Bonola up until the very end. She didn't realize he was an out of control violent, ticking time bomb fixated on her, and her life was in grave danger.

It's bizarre. Killer moves the body yet the weapon knife and killer's jacket remains at crime scene.
He didn't leave his jacket at the crime scene but discarded it in a park:

"Deeper into Forest Park, police soon spotted something orange stuffed into a hollow tree. It proved to be a bloody jacket.."

I believe it was his bloody boots left behind, and LE hoped DNA from the boots would help lead to the killer. MOO
Weren't the boots found in his garbage? By then he was under surveillance.

"They stopped the truck around the corner, and a search of Bonola’s garbage produced a bloody pair of work boots, along with a number of other blood-stained items, he said."

Weren't the boots found in his garbage? By then he was under surveillance.

"They stopped the truck around the corner, and a search of Bonola’s garbage produced a bloody pair of work boots, along with a number of other blood-stained items, he said."
Most likely. I see the source alleging the boots recovered from the victim's home is not WS approved.

BBM. Media reports stated that Bonola arrived at the house between 12:30 and 12:40am and that she was murdered at around 12:40am, so almost right away. This info was also on a poster put out by police, before he was apprehended. There was speculation here on WS that her time of death might have been detected by a fitness tracker. He was seen on camera at 4:30am, so he waited for nearly four hours.
Yes, authorities may have proof of when her heart stopped clenching the exact time of her death--otherwise, maybe they are going on what Bonola told them...he arrived at her house extremely angry about her giving him HIV, seeing other men, and not wanting a relationship--then quickly proceeded to kill her. I think under those circumstances he would have brought the weapon with him not take and use a kitchen knife from OG's kitchen. The time frame of killing her instantly doesn't make sense to me especially since he initially said he went to OG's house to try and resurrect their affair--which would explain why he didn't have a weapon with him--he went to her house thinking he could persuade her to continue on with their romance and intimacy. I think something happened that triggered his uncontrollable rage--that something in my mind is the post-it note on the refrig "Get another handyman." I don't think he realized the night he went to OG's home she had already taken steps to replace him as a handyman too.

Thank Goodness the son wasn't hurt.
With the perp soooo sick, anything even worse could have happened.
Yes, that's the silver lining to this terrible tragedy--OG's son was spared. It's hard for me to image Bonola sitting in OG's house with her dead body (while her son was upstairs) for 4 hours. I think the adrenaline in his body would have been enough to continue his murderous rage after killing OG or quickly gather his things and leave. Curiously to me, he looks highly animated in the video showing him dragging OG's body down the street in the hockey tote bag. I thought while viewing the video, he had just finished murdering her and was still in an agitated state of mind and body. When the news came out that OG was dead at 12:40 am--leaving four hours unaccounted for--it didn't make any sense to me.

Curiously to me, he looks highly animated in the video showing him dragging OG's body down the street in the hockey tote bag. I thought while viewing the video, he had just finished murdering her and was still in an agitated state of mind and body. When the news came out that OG was dead at 12:40 am--leaving four hours unaccounted for--it didn't make any sense to me.
He might have been under influence of either alcohol or drugs.

Most likely. I see the source alleging the boots recovered from the victim's home is not WS approved.

There is conflicting information out there about the boots. Even from approved sources, some cite that they were found in a trash can outside OG's house and others state that they were found outside of DB's Richmond Hill home.

There is conflicting information out there about the boots. Even from approved sources, some cite that they were found in a trash can outside OG's house and others state that they were found outside of DB's Richmond Hill home.
It's amazing how there are wildly different accounts of a news breaking story--as if the reporters are hellbent to get their story published even if it means not all the facts are accurately stated in the news article. Once the story has been out for a week with various news outlets covering it, the factual parts of the story seem to bubble up to the top leaving behind the crud of misinformation.

There's also a witness account related to a pair of boots:

“It was in the afternoon. … The cops came and stopped the truck,” said Harry Maraj, a construction worker who witnessed the moment while sitting in Tropical Jade Roti Express on Liberty Avenue.

“They took some bags out of the truck and opened them up,” he said.

“They took a white bag from truck and a pair of brown boots. The boots weren’t in any bag. They put everything in big brown paper bags and left.”

He might have been under influence of either alcohol or drugs.
Dotta, I found this article: NYPD: Orsolya Gaal's former lover and handyman David Bonola arrested in brutal murder of Queens mother that seems to support the possibility that Bonola wasn't crazy angry when he initially went to OG's house--and something caused him to lose control and blow his top. "Sources say he told detectives he didn't go to the home with the intention of killing Gaal. Instead, he snapped in a fit of rage."
Whether this statement from the "sources" is accurate is anyone's guess...

Last edited:
It really is a stretch of the imagination for me to think OG would feel comfortable threatening anyone with a knife much less Bonola. OG's personality, community based interests, and the high opinion people had of her do not align with Bonola's claim that she grabbed a knife. Unless she was extremely scared of him--they had previous heated arguments where he threaten to hurt/kill her--I don't think she would use deadly force to ward him off. In this case, I think OG was still trying to reason with Bonola up until the very end. She didn't realize he was an out of control violent, ticking time bomb fixated on her, and her life was in grave danger.

On the video seen of Bonola returning to his home after dumping the duffel bag, he does have a pretty large bandage on his left hand, and apparently had changed bandages once already, as IIRC, pieces of cloth used as bandages, were found in the park where his jacket was found. I do think it is possible that he was stabbed in that hand, and that it was not just cuts from the knife slipping while he was stabbing her. His medical record from his visit to the hospital can confirm or prove that false. But He could have also accidentally stabbed himself, trying to hold her down with one hand while stabbing with the other. Could OG have stabbed him with the knife? I actually believe that she could have grabbed a knife, for protection, if, during the argument, he began to get violent. Whether or not she stabbed him with it, as he claims, or whether he took it away from her, we may never know. If she did grab a knife, I think he would have relatively easily been able to take it from her. But I would think any attempt to claim he stabbed her in self defense went out the window when, after slashing her throat, he proceeded to stab her between 55 and 60 times. I do not think any jury is going to believe anything he says. JMO

Last edited:
I've been sitting here trying to think how Bonola's public defenders--The Queens Defenders--are going to defend him. According to one news article,The Queens Defenders immediately hired a private detective to start interviewing OG's neighbors. Since it appears Bonola right away created a lot of domestic related hot air balloons to float his reasons for killing OG--it would stand to reason his lawyers might try to collect evidence and build a defense showing Bonola was part of OG's family (he spent a lot of time with her at her house and he fraternized with her sons), to explain the volume of betrayal and rage he felt when he was no longer wanted. Other than, what else could be his defense if the HIV allegations don't pan out?? It's unfortunate that OG's family might have to endure a trial. I hope and think the prosecution will be able to get Bonola to accept a plea deal. Since he's here illegally, he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on no matter what his defense is imo.

This article is behind a paywall, but, in summary, The NY Daily News interviewed DB in jail. DB professes his innocence in OG’s murder while admitting to his post-murder movements (e.g., getting hospital treatment under a false name and throwing OG’s belongings into the Hudson River).

The big piece of information that I have not seen reported elsewhere (though I may be behind) is that DB called OG’s husband the day before DB’s arrest to give his condolences, admitting to an affair but denying involvement.

Seriously, what?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back