NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
after seeing the video rather than the stills of the perp dragging the duffel bag, I still feel not of large build. I do believe male, was unsure of sex with the stills but video convinces me male. Age still unsure about. Height and build to me, still going with smaller stature to medium height. I don't think overly muscular. The big baggy hoody makes build difficult to determine.

IN catching up with articles, one mentioned the man they were questioning was a former employee who had keys to residence.

Based on the surveillance imagery, I wonder whether the suspect is also potentially left handed? I’m right handed and I would find it hard to drag a heavy bag with my left arm. JMO

I haven't been here in a very long time. But saw this case and being from NYC and knowing the area, it grabbed my attention. A few things, it is easy getting to the City from Forest Hills, also easy by cab too. The bridge is not too far and quick ride along Queens Blvd. So, not surprising she went to see a show and then back home to a bar as the area she lived in is very busy and has a night life. The perp did not have a car, this is not surprising because parking in that area is difficult, especially on weekends. The manner of killing is def a crime of passion, pure hate. She knew this person for sure. The amount of time the person spent inside tells me they had a relationship. I have a feeling the person also knew her son. This feels like a bad plan concocted by inexperienced youth. If it was a date that went wrong, not sure he'd go with 58 stabs. Maybe strangulation, but why a messy scene? This tells me there was a serious confrontation. Then putting her in the bag and dragging her out is really dumb, but very obvious they wanted to put distance between her and the house and possibly her son, but no attempt at cleaning up? Where did this person need to be? No time. Plan went bad? The texts IMO are childish and based on an immature movie like attempt at throwing off police. I'm still not convinced this wasn't a family member either live in or out - or a friend of her sons or even maybe a female friend. MOO

Last edited:
So now it seems she was killed on the first floor and then moved to the basement. Why move her body to the basement after she was killed? This case is getting more and more confusing.

Murdered Queens mom Orsolya Gaal sat alone at local bar before attack: sources - NY Post (April 19, 10:03AM)
<snipped & BBM>
Upon returning to Queens, Gaal sat alone in a local bar – as if waiting for someone – before returning to her Juno Street home, according to the sources.

Investigators believe Gaal’s killer entered the home and killed her on the first floor, and then took her to the basement, the sources said.

[...]

By Tuesday morning, cops had not made any arrests in Gaal’s slaying, or identified any suspects.

I am not sure who their sources are ,but why would the killer take her to the basement then have to carry her back up again?

Maybe the attack started on the first floor and she tried to escape to the basement. It could have begun in the kitchen where the attacker was able to grab a knife.

"some years ago" sounds like a contrived transatlantic accent to me.

I’m European and I heard people saying “some years ago” a lot when speaking english for example “ some years ago I went to Spain “. English is not my native language I didn’t know that it’s a strange thing to say.:oops:

Re “some years ago” - I know lots of immigrants from Central & Eastern Europe who use “some” in this way often. (It always sounds like British phrasing to me & I’ve figured it comes from learning to speak English from a Brit / where the ‘local’ English is British rather than American.)

As OG was an immigrant from Central Europe, maybe she herself used this phrase & it was picked up by people around her who might’ve otherwise not been likely to use it. JMO
Very good point

after seeing the video rather than the stills of the perp dragging the duffel bag, I still feel not of large build. I do believe male, was unsure of sex with the stills but video convinces me male. Age still unsure about. Height and build to me, still going with smaller stature to medium height. I don't think overly muscular. The big baggy hoody makes build difficult to determine.

IN catching up with articles, one mentioned the man they were questioning was a former employee who had keys to residence.

If I had a former employee, regardless of their reason for leaving, who still had access to my house, the first thing I would do is change the locks. Also, it is possible, maybe even likely, that the house had programmable locks that use a code that could very easily be changed in just a matter of moments. Not sure I am buying a former employee with keys. Frankly, not sure I am buying much about this case. JMO

Last edited:
I am not sure who their sources are ,but why would the killer take her to the basement then have to carry her back up again?

Maybe the attack started on the first floor and she tried to escape to the basement. It could have begun in the kitchen where the attacker was able to grab a knife.

I think this was a long night of confrontation. Argument could have started on the first floor. More than one perp forces her to the basement. But need to know if there was blood in other areas of the house. IMO

I’m European and I heard people saying “some years ago” a lot when speaking english for example “ some years ago I went to Spain “. English is not my native language I didn’t know that it’s a strange thing to say.:oops:
I should clarify. I don't believe the text as far as it's content. I believe the text was to distract and distance from the real facts of the case. I believe the wording chosen was not natural to the texter. Not suggesting nobody speaks like this. Simply suggesting the perp doesn't.

Seeing the bag laying on the ground and now thinking if the bag was in that position it probably wouldn’t be that difficult to roll and tuck a body in it then zip it up raise the handle and go.

If we run with the theory that the texts aren’t legit threats, the perp may have used a strange turn of phrase intentionally to put LE off the scent

It could be - but given how other parts of this crime seem poorly thought out - I tend to doubt the author was intentionally using subtle phrasing as part of the misdirection. Occam's razor tells me it was a personal - potentially unplanned - murder followed by an utterly haphazard attempt to cover it up.

But, if there is one thing I've learned from following other cases... anything is possible.

I live in England and do not find it a strange phrase to use. Have heard it used by all age groups. Maybe it was a familiar phrase used in the text writer's home.

I’ve been reading and catching up this morning and there are some really interesting things being bandied about. I’ll throw in my two cents worth.

….the thoughts that the phrasing in the text messages is an older/Eastern European style is very interesting. I doubt it was a spellcheck error. What would be the chances of that happening randomly to a killer of a Hungarian woman. The texts still seem like fake-outs to me though.
…LE says now they have a POI that knows her and has access to the house. Why would this person have access to their house? Could not be a possible lover in my opinion. You wouldn’t have them just coming over and making themselves at home. If they were hooking up at the house, she would be there to open the door. So who has access? A maid…but that’s not a woman pulling that bag. Pest control, routine maintenance…folks sure don’t do that around where I live. A contractor from a past remodel…possible. Friend, neighbor, relative…hmmmm.
…What is that the killer is carrying while pulling the bag? What would be so important you have to take it with you after you just brutally murdered someone. Why would you not just run away anyway? Why drag the body away.
…Incredibly poorly thought out. Addled thinking.
…I don’t think it’s weird the son heard nothing.
…The thought someone had that the killer came for a former resident is interesting. There was a Law and Order episode about that once I remember.
…Someone mentioned a homeless person. It certainly is happening these days.

This is long enough so I’ll stop.
I think an arrest will come soon.

I'm curious how a woman from Queen's gets to the Lincoln Center in the city. Does she take a cab, take the subway, ride with friends? (Parking must be a bear. I rarely drove in the city)

And where would she stop for a drink alone? A small bar near her home, a bar in the City?

How do Queen's people, or in this case, a nicely dressed attractive lady get into the city in the evening and how do they get back home? Anyone know?

Interesting question!! Women in Queens & all over New York walk anywhere & everywhere at any time of day or night. It’s not like any other US city I’ve seen. It’s always a surprise to non-NYers, who know what a crime-filled mess the city is, how freely women move around in public while alone etc. The thing is that there’s no other way to get around!! Traffic & parking make driving miserable. And the city is built for walking, everything is all crammed together. No matter where you live, it’s always just a few min walk to a drug store, groceries, Starbucks, the gym, etc.

People take the subway everywhere & then walk the distance from subway to home/destination without a moment’s thought. And many of them are women - the last time I checked, NYC’s population was about 2/3 female. The amount of NYC street crime we all read about daily is only possible because the streets are always full of people. Even when crime is up, like now, & people might feel less safe out walking around, they’ll still do it cuz there’s just no other way to live your life.

So far, though, LE has said very little. A lot of what we think we know is coming from “sources”. Do we believe all of them? Were the Dad and older child definitely away looking at schools? Is the younger child not a POI? Was OG murdered in the basement? Was there a text? Were the 3 individuals that OG was texting with outside of the family unit?

I don't think I've seen this bolded info mentioned anywhere. Link?

I’ve been thinking about sms sent to the husband, it was oddly specific with wording and pretty much pointed direction at someone( allegedly put in jail by the victim)
It could be just distraction from real perp without any truth in it or it could be an attempt to frame someone specific.
Maybe going out with a body was actually an attempt to blame someone? Dress differently and be seen on camera on purpose? Send sms sounding like that person perhaps? It’s hard to make out from the video if it was man or woman maybe that was the plan? . I’m just thinking out loud trying to make sense of some of the killer’s strange actions. IMO

IMO the text message is designed to throw people off, regardless of who the perp ends up being. If you've just committed a sloppy murder, why announce who you are? Why give LE any clues that would invariably lead to you, with such specific wording?
If the perp wanted to intimidate, they could have simply said 'Your family is next" without the preceding stuff. I doubt she has many past enemies who would want to harm her (she seems like a nice, average, lady) so I can't imagine it would be hard to narrow down who could have sent such a text without being directly incriminating. IMO I only see these kind of wordy letters left at cartel killings, where the perps are hidden being anonymity and know that announcing their cartel affiliation won't get them caught. I think this text was entirely done to lead a wild goose chase, or point LE towards an uninvolved person in OG's life, to distract from others.
(I agree w/ a previous poster who said it reminded them of the JonBenet letter - excess details sounding like a bad crime thriller)

IMO, the killer would be someone with intimate knowledge of the arrest and conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22