GUILTY NY - Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, 14 mos, & Selena, 18, Sodus, 16 May 2018 *Arrest*

I have hope that little Owen is safe and being cared for by a relative or friend that is unaware of the situation or has been lied to by the perp. If Owen was murdered at the same time as his mother, wouldn't he have been found along with his mother's body? It would not make sense for his body to be in a different location. JMO. I hope he is found alive.

I take it this Reyes dude is not the father of Owen? Not that bio Dad's don't murder their children, but it's not as likely as a boyfriend of the mother. Jeez, am I making sense? Sorry.

I don't think it has been mentioned if he is Owen's father. I assumed he was since Owen is still missing and Selena's body was found, but you may be right.

I take it this Reyes dude is not the father of Owen? Not that bio Dad's don't murder their children, but it's not as likely as a boyfriend of the mother. Jeez, am I making sense? Sorry.

From an article previously posted by cybervampira:

“The biological father of Selina Hildago-Calderon's son, Owen, is still in Guatemala. Deputies said investigators have been in contact with him - making him aware his son is missing.”

Boyfriend admitted to burying girlfriend's body, investigators say

I don’t like that the boyfriend isn’t talking. Not one bit.

One scenario I’ve thought of is Owen was hurt by Reyes while in his care, Selina found out, and things went from bad to worse from there.

I just hope and pray that Owen is safe, being taken care of by someone, somewhere, and with the Amber Alert in effect now, the person will come forward. He is as cute as can be.

As Gardener pointed out, the fact that he wasn’t found with Salina (RIP, beautiful girl) gives me hope.

Last edited:
Amber Alert issued for 14-month-old boy after mother’s body found in bag
An Amber Alert was issued Friday morning for a toddler whose mother's dead body was found in the woods two days prior.

Authorities are now searching for 14-month-old Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, who was last seen on Joy Road in Sodus, N.Y., on May 16, according to the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office.

“The child was taken under circumstances that led police to believe that they are in imminent danger of serious physical harm and or death,” the alert said.

Teen mom slain on Wayne County farm met man accused of hiding her body at Owasco farm
owenhidalgojpg-f56af120b72356db.jpg

Sodus, N.Y. -- Selena Hidalgo-Calderon met her boyfriend, Alberto Reyes, while working alongside each other at a dairy farm in Cayuga County.

Both were in the country illegally, working and living in the shadows undocumented immigrants find themselves in.

Hildago-Calderon's body was found Thursday at an apple orchard in Sodus where she and Reyes, 25, had been living and working together. Hidalgo-Calderon's son, Owen, who lived with the couple, is still missing. An Amber Alert was issued for the 14-month-old boy as searchers continue to comb the woods around the orchard for any sign of him.

Hidalgo-Calderon, 18, lived and worked with her mother, Estela Calderon, at the Melrose Dairy Farm in Owasco. The farm was cited by the town for the poor living conditions farm workers had there. Calderon, her daughter and Reyes left together.

Amber Alert: Deputies don't expect to find baby alive

Speaking with News 8 on Friday, officials for the Wayne County Sheriff's Office said they don't anticipate to find the child alive, but they are hoping for a miracle. The chief deputy said they also were initially hesitant to issue that Amber Alert because they didn’t want to scare off anyone who may have had information. Namely, Selena’s boyfriend Alberto Reyes who has since been arrested for tampering with Selena's corpse. Deputies say Reyes was spotted on trail cams going into the woods multiple times with a shovel.

Deputies say Reyes later admitted to burying Selena's body, but he hasn't been charged with her death. But, they are waiting on autopsy results before filing further charges.

The chief deputy said that based on officers' interactions with the boyfriend in custody, they don’t believe, based on his “history,” that he would have kept the child alive.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of baby Owen or the case in general, you are asked to call 911.

I didn't get the alert (I am in Macomb County) - but thought you would if it was by state unless my phone doesn't have the right settings. I will have to double check because it is a new phone and this is something I make sure I have on my phone.

I didn't get the alert (I am in Macomb County) - but thought you would if it was by state unless my phone doesn't have the right settings. I will have to double check because it is a new phone and this is something I make sure I have on my phone.
This is Wayne County New York....I thought the same thing

Search for Owen Hidalgo-Calderon will continue Saturday
Sodus, N.Y. - The search for one-year-old Owen Hidalgo-Calderon continued Friday as Wayne County Sheriff's deputies and volunteers worked to search hundreds of acres on a farm in Sodus along Joy Road.

The search included cadaver dogs, firefighters and EMS.

Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts said they haven't found any signs of the missing baby but are looking for things like clothing, personal items and any vegetation that looks like its been disturbed.

These are the clues the sheriff said could lead them to Owen. He said, right now, there is reason to believe the baby is somewhere on the farm. That's why close to 150 people were out searching for him again on Friday.

Search resumes for missing 14-month-old Owen Hidalgo-Calderon; helicopter joins search

scene-from-sodus.jpg

The search resumed in Sodus on Saturday morning for missing 14-month-old Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, the son of the woman found dead on Wednesday.

Officers on the scene have confirmed to our crew that a helicopter from the New York State Police Aviation Unit is now being used in the search. The Wayne County Sheriff says that there will be no drone flights over or around the Joy Road Farm location during the search.

[...]

Video at link:

Amber Alert: Deputies say missing baby still hasn't been found

SODUS, NY (WROC-TV) - Searches will continue on Saturday, deputies say, in the case of a missing baby in Wayne County.

[...]

We're told Selena's body had been wrapped in a plastic bag and left in the woods.

Speaking Friday afternoon, deputies said they would continue searching throughout the weekend, until the baby was found.

Selena's boyfriend, Alberto Ebarado Gutierrez-Reyes, is facing charges in the case.

Deputies say trail cameras captured Gutierrez-Reyes walking in and out of the same woods on May 17 carrying a shovel. Deputies say he later admitted to burying Selena Hidalgo-Calderon's body. At this time, he hasn't been charged with her death however.

Deputies did say they found a phone believed to belong to Reyes in their investigation.

As for the Amber Alert, deputies said Friday they didn't expect to find the baby alive. However, they put out the alert as a "Hail Mary," hoping for a miracle.

Friday, more than a hundred volunteers assisted in the search for the 14-month-old.

Alberto Ebarado Gutierrez-Reyes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back