GUILTY NY - Owen Hidalgo-Calderon, 14 mos, & Selena, 18, Sodus, 16 May 2018 *Arrest*

ICE files to have 'illegally present' man suspected in Sodus case turned over to them

SODUS, N.Y. —

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also known as ICE, says it has filed to have a man suspected in the death of the Sodus mother and the disappearance of her young son turned over to the federal agency.

ICE says 25-year-old Alberto Ebavardo Gutierrez-Reyes is an illegally present citizen of Mexico. An official said Monday a detainer filed late last week will ensure Gutierrez-Reyes is turned over to ICE once any local charges are settled.

Tuesday, May 29th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1pm ET) – NY – Selena Hidalgo-Calderon (18) (found deceased 5/23/18) & Owen Hidalgo-Calderon (14 mos) (still missing) (May 16, 2018) – Alberto Ebarado Gutierrez-Reyes (25) (BF) – arrested (5/24/18) & charged with tampering with physical evidence (Class E felony). $25K cash or $50K bond. Prelim hearing 5/29.
Alberto Reyes, "found her dead body, removed her from her home and buried her." Trail cameras provided by a neighbor show Reyes walking in and out of the woods for five hours with a shovel. He did not admit to killing Selena Hidalgo-Calderon. He did not make mention of Owen.
5/28/18: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also known as ICE, says it has filed to have a man suspected in the death of the Sodus mother and the disappearance of her young son turned over to the federal agency. ICE says 25-year-old Gutierrez-Reyes is an illegally present citizen of Mexico. An official said Monday a detainer filed late last week will ensure Gutierrez-Reyes is turned over to ICE once any local charges are settled.

Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts told reporters on Monday afternoon that 173 people were involved in searching for 14-month-old Owen throughout the day and 22 search blocks of the area in question were completed.

"It is my hope that Owen is alive," said Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts. "But we're also searching into the possibility that that might not be true."

AMBER Alert for missing Sodus boy lifted as days-long search continues

:( I think we all know how this is going to end and it is maddening and heartbreaking all at once.

I really hope this little guy is safe with someone who can't go to the police. You would think the baby's body would be with the mother if boyfriend killed him as well....then again, he might have been more embarrassed about killing an infant and gone to more trouble to hide him. This is so terrible.

Got a Google Alert!

As search continues for dead woman's son, her boyfriend appears in court

At a hearing at Sodus Town Court, his lawyer asked for the presumption of innocence for his client. “We intend from this day forward to try this case in court, and not in the media.”

Sheriff Virts says he believes Donoteo-Reyes, who also goes by the name Alberto Ebavardo Gutierrez-Reyes, was involved in his girlfriend’s death.

Donoteo-Reyes is scheduled to reappear in court on July 2.

and another article:

Grand jury gets case against boyfriend of slain Sodus mom

Evarardo Donoteo-Reyes, 25, is a suspect in the homicide of Selena Hidalgo-Calderon, according to Wayne County Sheriff Barry Virts, but thus far has been charged only with tampering with evidence after allegedly moving her body.
[.....]
Donoteo-Reyes was brought into Sodus Town Court on Tuesday afternoon in a black-and-white jail uniform, his hands shackled to his waist and his ankles chained together. He was surrounded by deputies.

He did not speak during the brief proceedings before Town Justice Thomas A. Putnam but was represented by an attorney and assisted by a Spanish-language interpreter.
[.....]
Wayne County Second Assistant District Attorney Christine Callanan said she is focusing on prosecuting the tampering charge while the case is headed for a grand jury presentation.

Callanan also said that Donoteo-Reyes admitted he had moved or concealed the body out of fear he would be deported or blamed for her death.

He will continue to be held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
[.....]
"We will continue to conduct parallel investigations," Virts said outside court, "a search for Owen and a homicide investigation
[.....]
Virts said he remained hopeful but expressed his doubts that the boy would be found alive after being missing for nearly two weeks. He also hoped to allay concerns among members of the migrant worker community who feared speaking to police.

Video (Gutierrez-Reyes arrives at Sodus town court) at link:

Grandmother of missing 14-month-old: 'My hope is that Owen is found alive'
“I want the search to continue,” Estela Calderon said in a statement issued by the Workers' Center of Central New York. “My hope is that Owen is found alive, that the monster who did this to my daughter tells us where Owen is so I can go get my little boy and give to him the love and care I can no longer give to my daughter.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back