Found Deceased NY - Paul McKay, 31, Saranac Lake, 31 Dec 2013

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Jan 5, 2014.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

2. Loading...

3. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

He's a good looking guy. Hope he's okay.

Hard to find any more info about him online.

The link above (and other news articles I found online that pretty much just say the same thing) say he was last seen at a Best Western in Saranac Lake.

I wonder who reported him missing.

4. los2188

I had a feeling that his photo would raise an eyebrow or two from the ladies here. I hope if I ever go missing, my photo does too...yeah right. ;)

That's a good question as to who reported him missing. I'm curious as to the circumstances for him even being here in the US. Strange. If I had to guess, I think he may have had one too many drinks, went outside, and maybe exposure got to him. I hope I'm wrong though.

5. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

Aw, los2188, I'm sure your photo would get plenty of the WS ladies' attention! But even more importantly, we'd be like "find this guy! He cares so much about people he's never met!" You always find new cases to make threads for that we may otherwise not have heard about or not have heard about as soon, like Paul's case.

I really wish we knew more about Paul. Was he in the US on vacation? Was he visiting relatives or friends? Was he traveling alone?

6. MagnoliaMountain

MagnoliaMountain Red Rose

Hahaha, my first thought was "Wow, handsome fella!".

I totally agree.

7. MagnoliaMountain

That would be my first guess as well. I hope he'll be found soon.

8. madamehdivision

madamehdivision Registered user

There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO details in MSM.

Being an Australian, I'm super surprised to have also heard DIDDLY SQUAT about Paul in our local MSM. Further, he does not appear to be listed in any Australian missing person databases.

I've tried searching FB and Twitter to see if he has an online presence, but can't seem to locate any profiles for him.

Should I see if LE is looking into getting him a NAMUS profile?

Thinking about it more, I'm just wondering who reported him missing? Was he travelling alone and failed to check out, leaving his belongings behind? Or was he travelling in a group and became separated?

9. madamehdivision

madamehdivision Registered user

Hey, los2188 - do you think you'd be able to change the title of the thread to fit FROM AUSTRALIA or AUSTRALIAN in there, please? Hopefully this will attract more Australians to the thread so we can spread the word. TIA.

10. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 New Member

Could he be here training for a winter sport? Isn't there skiing, skating, luge...all that stuff...in that area?

11. MagnoliaMountain

They look pretty similar but I don't think it's our Paul McKay. What do you guys think?

12. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 New Member

So he's from Perth. Still can't find anything else on him. I really think that linkedin is him. College years are right for his age. And look at the wide chin.

13. MagnoliaMountain

I think our Paul has different ears...Maybe I'm wrong though.

14. los2188

You know what, you're spot on with that. Sadly, I'm not able to change it anymore, but I know who to go to to have it changed...

15. epiphany

epiphany Active Member

Witness: Paul McKay seen walking toward Lake Placid

snipped

SARANAC LAKE - A missing Australian man who was last seen leaving a Saranac Lake hotel six days ago suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and left all his belongings to his father, village Police Chief Bruce Nason said today.

Paul McKay, 31, of Canberra, Australia, was last seen Tuesday morning walking down Lake Flower Avenue after leaving the Best Western Mountain Lake Inn, Nason said. McKay had spent one night at the hotel after flying to the U.S. from Australia and then traveling to the Adirondacks by bus.

snipped

"We're asking anybody that may have been driving on Lake Flower Avenue on the 31st between 10 and 11 in the morning, whether they were coming into town or going toward Lake Placid, that if they saw this individual to please get a hold of us," Nason said.

http://www.adirondackdailyenterpris...n-man-last-seen-in-Saranac-Lake.html?nav=5008

16. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 New Member

Okay, I was wrong :)

17. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 New Member

18. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

Let's hope he meet someone and is off having a great time.

19. andalso

andalso Well-Known Member

20. rizzo0904

rizzo0904 New Member

Colin is the first person I thought of.

21. Sunrisenow

Sunrisenow New Member

Unfortunately his e-mail to his father doesn't really point to this possibility :(
    Leaving all his possessions to his dad, and giving him his information regarding his finances, leaves me with the fear of suicide.
    Going on a survival trek with his backpack would still be possible, however as I've read, the weather in the USA is chilling cold. Would searches in that area even be possible now?