NY NY - Plainview, Wht/HispMale 23-57, UP140, Members Only jacket, Bulova watch, hair pick, Mar'04

Since it was thought that the man could of been a Jockey.. I found this article from 1981 maybe it could have a tie into the death of this memebers olnly jacket John Doe

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/08/04/nyregion/cause-of-death-of-veterinarian-mystifies-police.html

CAUSE OF DEATH OF VETERINARIAN MYSTIFIES POLICE

Published: August 4, 1981
The body of a Long Island race horse veterinarian was found on a secluded beach north of Chicago Saturday night. Results of an autopsy proved of no help yesterday to investigators, who now await a toxicology report that they hope will offer some clue.
The veterinarian, Dr. Janice Runkle, of Old Brookville, had risen to the top of her profession at the age of 28, ministering to such thoroughbreds as Pleasant Colony, winner of this year's Kentucky Derby and Preakness. Her body was found on the shore of Lake Michigan in a secluded area of Illinois Beach State Park near Zion, Ill.

''There were no signs of foul play at the scene,'' said Sgt. Frank Winans, Chief of Detectives of the Lake County Sheriff's Police. ''There were no marks on the body, which was fully clothed. The autopsy revealed no sign of foul play.''
Miss Runkle was driven on July 27 from Saratoga Springs, N.Y., where she was attending a meeting on thoroughbred racing, to the Albany County Airport, where she was to board a flight to New York City on Command Airways, according to R. F. McDonald, senior investigator of the New York State Police barracks at Loudonville. ''She left her luggage there with a note that it be returned to Mr. Campo.'' Johnny Campo is the trainer of Pleasant Colony. Traveled Under Assumed Name
Instead of flying to New York, however, Miss Runkle flew to Chicago, using the name ''Miss M. Clark'' to book the flight and to check into the O'Hare Hilton Hotel on her arrival, according to Sheriff Tom Brown of Lake County. Her identification and credit cards were found in a trash bin at the park Thursday.

Mr. McDonald said that his investigator in New York had asked several people in the racing community if they had any information that might prove useful to authorities, and that ''as far as we're concerned, there's nothing left to pursue.'' He said the investigator had moved on to another case yesterday. The New York State Racing and Wagering Board plans no investigation, a spokesman said.
In Illinois, the investigation is continuing, but authorities there say a letter written by Miss Runkle to a friend in New York ''indicated despondency,'' and the investigators suspect suicide.

Miss Runkle's mother, however, reportedly does not believe this. Repeated efforts to reach Mrs. Runkle by telephone were unsuccessful. But The Associated Press quoted her yesterday as saying: ''There was no reason for what happened. She was the happiest young lady there ever was. She was on top of the world.'' Described as 'a Good Vet'

''It's a very sad thing,'' Mr. Campo said yesterday. ''She was a good vet and a nice lady. I don't know what else to say. I don't know anything at all about her personal life.'' Others in the horse racing community said Miss Runkle was liked and respected. She was said to be the only woman among veterinarians practicing at New York's thoroughbred tracks and the only female veterinarian who had ever cared for a starting horse in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness.

Miss Runkle, who lived at the Gold Coast Equestrian Center in Old Brookville and had an office at Belmont Park, graduated from the College of Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State University in 1976.
Her first job was as assistant to Mark Gerard, a horse racing veterinarian. She took over much of his practice when he was convicted of switching a poor race horse for a champion in a race at Belmont Park.

I came across this guy and noticed he had curly hair and he is wearing what looks to me like a Members Only Jacket in his photo, That is what totally stuck out to me.. he went missing from PA in 1980. Now the thing is I have seen his height listed as 5'9 and as 5'7 but still not as short as our UID.. anyway I thought I would post.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/cruzdavid.html

David Cruz
Missing since October 31, 1980 from Allentown

Vital Statistics
Date of Birth: January 4, 1951
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160 lbs
Nationality: Puerto Rican
Hair Color: brown
Eye Color: brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo on lower left arm (description not available).
Dentals: available
Fingerprints: not available
DNA: not available
Case Details
David was last seen on October 31 (Halloween) - November 1, 1980. Few details are known about his case.

142_Cruz,_David_1[1].jpg

I know earlier on the thread the UID being a Jockey has come up.. I found this and I thought I would post...
NYC 1977: 11/01/1977 - 12/01/1977

Wednesday, November 30, 1977
Inquiry Finds Fraud in Race-Horse Switch

New York racing investigators have established to their satisfaction that the horse that ran and won at Belmont last September as the long-shot “Lebon” was actually the Uruguayan champion Cinzano, and that Dr. Mark J. Gerard was the hidden owner of the horse.

The New York Racing Association called it “one of the most serious race-track frauds in recent history.” There was photographic evidence of an earlier switch of South American horses by Gerard as well.

Racing fans in Uruguay heard of “Lebon’s” surprise victory on Sept. 23rd and the tabloid Mundocolor asked the AP for a winner’s-circle photograph.

Julian Perez, the racing editor and others immediately recognized the horse in the photograph as Cinzano. They called The Jockey Club in New York and the investigation began.

Ex NYT Montgomery 11/30/77

Cauthen: 6 Winners For 3rd Time in Year

Just when Steve Cauthen’s most loyal fans were beginning to wonder when the 17-year-old jockey was going to end a slump that had extended through 22 straight races along came the boy wonder to quell their doubts with six winners in eight appearances on the card yesterday at Aqueduct.

The teenage jockey’s performance was even more significant in that only one of his winning mounts was the favorite.

He now has 460 winners this season – 418 in New York. He is the first jockey to reach the $5 million mark in one season.

Ex 11/30/77 M. Strauss

Tuesday, November 22, 1977
Ringer Horse Is Traced to Saratoga

The mystery horse in the Belmont Park ringer case spent time at Saratoga last summer under an apparent alias, investigators have learned.

Less than a month before he won a race at Belmont under the false name of Lebon, the ringer was Denim at Saratoga.

Gerard imported Lebon and Cinzano, a much faster horse, from Uruguay last June. A third horse in the consignment, an Argentine-bred named Boots Cononero was also shipped to the farm in Muttontown LI. All three horses look alike: bay colts with no markings except an irregular star, a patch of white, on their foreheads.

On Sept 23rd, after having run dismally at odds of 7-1 on Sept 9, the horse represented as Lebon won easily at Belmont for a payoff of $116 for $2. Gerard has been identified as the bettor who collected about $77,000 in winnings on the long shot’s 57-1 victory. But the authorities have declared the “Lebon” was actually a ringer, and they suspect the mystery horse was really Cinzano.

Ex NYT Cady 11/22/77

No new ruleouts in Namus. The updated reconstruction shows a couple of variations on hairstyle, and I must say, that significantly alters his overall "look".

Unidentified Person Case
o/t The " look" reminds me of the wigs Pedro, the character in the film " Napolean Dynamite" tries on after he shaved his head.
Seriously though, wondering if the uid might be younger than the suggested 23-57?
imo, speculation.
Thumbnail

Unidentified
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP140 Male, Multiple
Date FoundMarch 26, 2004
Location FoundPlainview, New York
Estimated Age Range23-57 Years

Omg you have me rolling. Yes I was totally wondering the same thing if he prob was a younger guy. Which could also be why his waist is so thin.
Funny you mention Napoleon Dynamite and that is your vision. My vision of this guy is John Travolta and his friends in Saturday Night Fever that is what I totally picture this John Doe looking like!!

Attachments

• IMG_1562.PNG
    IMG_1562.PNG
    554.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1569.PNG
    IMG_1569.PNG
    608.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1563.PNG
    IMG_1563.PNG
    719.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1568.PNG
    IMG_1568.PNG
    704.9 KB · Views: 3
I came across this guy just today. He was short at 4'11

660DMCA - George Jordache
GJordache.jpg

Name: George Jordache
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 01, 1981
Location Last Seen: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 1, 1949
Race: White
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo on right shoulder of a heart with an arrow, Tattoo of dots on web of right hand

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
George Jordache was last seen on June 6, 1981 in Los Angeles, CA.

I came across this guy just today. He was short at 4'11

660DMCA - George Jordache
GJordache.jpg

Name: George Jordache
Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 01, 1981
Location Last Seen: Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 1, 1949
Race: White
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Tattoo on right shoulder of a heart with an arrow, Tattoo of dots on web of right hand

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
George Jordache was last seen on June 6, 1981 in Los Angeles, CA.
Great find, looks good!

This article likely was already posted but thought it might be useful to re post.
Apparently the UID was " partially stuffed in a bag", nothing is said about the bag, but could it offer any clues?
Wondering if the UID might have been dressed the way he was dressed because he was attending some sort of theme party or Halloween event?
Are they absolutely sure the UID was born male?
imo, speculation, rbbm.
New York mom steps on a skull, and opens a murder case
8C9422030-131017_BodyFound_Map.fit-760w.jpg

"One of their best clues to his identity and how long he’d been lying under the leaves was an item of clothing, an iconic artifact from the era of Pac-Man and MTV – his 1980s Members Only jacket. The coat helped establish that the man had probably been hidden in the lonely strip of woods between the east and westbound lanes of a freeway more than two decades before Willis found him."
"A computer generated reconstruction of the victim shows a high-cheekboned face with dark hair and a slightly dark complexion. During the original investigation, the Medical Examiner believed the victim to be Caucasian, based on his cheekbones, but Hughes says that now he’s not so sure. A 1970s-style “Afro-pick” comb was found with the body, and police renderings of his possible appearance include both straight and curly hair.

The victim was wearing a white button-down shirt, bellbottoms, tube socks and the Members Only jacket. Bellbottoms were popular in the 1970s, and the jacket had its heyday in the 1980s."
"The single most distinctive thing about the dead man, however, was his height."
"....he was only 5 foot 1. But dental examination by a forensic anthropologist put his age at anywhere from 35 to 55."

".....because of the watch and the Paragon Oil money clip and because Queens lies at the western end of the Northern State Parkway. That means their next step is to head to Queens and get another taste of what life was like in the 1980s."

Last edited:
He seems a bit heavier but who knows he could of lost a lot of weight

The pants are listed as 26" inseam, which would fit with being around 5 feet tall, and 27" waist, which would imply he was fairly stocky.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Two ruleouts: Carlo Pfaff from South Carolina and Jimmy Rogers from Georgia.

Strange, these sites says George J was 5'9''!
George Jordache
George Jordache – The Charley Project
George Jordache
  • jordache_george.jpg
Jordache, circa 1981

• Missing Since 06/06/1981
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 05/01/1949 (69)
  • Age 32 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 160 pounds

This could be the inches versus feet again: 4'11" is 59 inches. But it's usually Namus that's off, not Doenetwork.

This could be the inches versus feet again: 4'11" is 59 inches. But it's usually Namus that's off, not Doenetwork.
Oh wow carbuff good eye. So George us 5'9 . I guess it's not him. So many times I have seen height is confused with the feet and inches! That is frustrating!

This article likely was already posted but thought it might be useful to re post.
Apparently the UID was " partially stuffed in a bag", nothing is said about the bag, but could it offer any clues?
Wondering if the UID might have been dressed the way he was dressed because he was attending some sort of theme party or Halloween event?
Are they absolutely sure the UID was born male?
imo, speculation, rbbm.
8C9422030-131017_BodyFound_Map.fit-760w.jpg

"One of their best clues to his identity and how long he’d been lying under the leaves was an item of clothing, an iconic artifact from the era of Pac-Man and MTV – his 1980s Members Only jacket. The coat helped establish that the man had probably been hidden in the lonely strip of woods between the east and westbound lanes of a freeway more than two decades before Willis found him."
"A computer generated reconstruction of the victim shows a high-cheekboned face with dark hair and a slightly dark complexion. During the original investigation, the Medical Examiner believed the victim to be Caucasian, based on his cheekbones, but Hughes says that now he’s not so sure. A 1970s-style “Afro-pick” comb was found with the body, and police renderings of his possible appearance include both straight and curly hair.

The victim was wearing a white button-down shirt, bellbottoms, tube socks and the Members Only jacket. Bellbottoms were popular in the 1970s, and the jacket had its heyday in the 1980s."
"The single most distinctive thing about the dead man, however, was his height."
"....he was only 5 foot 1. But dental examination by a forensic anthropologist put his age at anywhere from 35 to 55."

".....because of the watch and the Paragon Oil money clip and because Queens lies at the western end of the Northern State Parkway. That means their next step is to head to Queens and get another taste of what life was like in the 1980s."

thank dotr for this find! I wonder if we looking for Hispanic guy when he really is black?!
Good thought on the Halloween costume and really good thought on the UID being male or female!!. I had not read the UID was in a bag thanks for that info too. Iam going to keep searching!!!! I am going to look at women to you never know!!

Last edited:
Oh wow carbuff good eye. So George us 5'9 . I guess it's not him. So many times I have seen height is confused with the feet and inches! That is frustrating!

(snipped by carbuff for focus)

It could be the other way around as well. There's no way to tell without contacting George's LE or ME agency to find out which one is correct. Yes, darn frustrating.

It could be the other way around as well. There's no way to tell without contacting George's LE or ME agency to find out which one is correct. Yes, darn frustrating.
Re read my post just a bit up thread and it says the height will be the most likely clue to identifying the individual, so 5 feet one inch seems to be accurate, imo.

Re read my post just a bit up thread and it says the height will be the most likely clue to identifying the individual, so 5 feet one inch seems to be accurate, imo.
ok so even if George was 4'11 it wont work because this UID was 5'1... he was my height!.. so we need to find a little missing man!!

omg yes yes yes FRUSTRATING!! I am glad you and dotr are on this thread now...I have been feeling alone here hahaha!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back