NY NY - Plainview, Wht/HispMale 23-57, UP140, Members Only jacket, Bulova watch, hair pick, Mar'04

This article likely was already posted but thought it might be useful to re post.
Apparently the UID was " partially stuffed in a bag", nothing is said about the bag, but could it offer any clues?
Wondering if the UID might have been dressed the way he was dressed because he was attending some sort of theme party or Halloween event?
Are they absolutely sure the UID was born male?
imo, speculation, rbbm.
New York mom steps on a skull, and opens a murder case
8C9422030-131017_BodyFound_Map.fit-760w.jpg

"One of their best clues to his identity and how long he’d been lying under the leaves was an item of clothing, an iconic artifact from the era of Pac-Man and MTV – his 1980s Members Only jacket. The coat helped establish that the man had probably been hidden in the lonely strip of woods between the east and westbound lanes of a freeway more than two decades before Willis found him."
"A computer generated reconstruction of the victim shows a high-cheekboned face with dark hair and a slightly dark complexion. During the original investigation, the Medical Examiner believed the victim to be Caucasian, based on his cheekbones, but Hughes says that now he’s not so sure. A 1970s-style “Afro-pick” comb was found with the body, and police renderings of his possible appearance include both straight and curly hair.

The victim was wearing a white button-down shirt, bellbottoms, tube socks and the Members Only jacket. Bellbottoms were popular in the 1970s, and the jacket had its heyday in the 1980s."
"The single most distinctive thing about the dead man, however, was his height."
"....he was only 5 foot 1. But dental examination by a forensic anthropologist put his age at anywhere from 35 to 55."

".....because of the watch and the Paragon Oil money clip and because Queens lies at the western end of the Northern State Parkway. That means their next step is to head to Queens and get another taste of what life was like in the 1980s."

Members Only (fashion brand) - Wikipedia

Members Only is a brand of clothing that became popular in the 1980s with its line of jackets.[1] The brand was created in 1975[2] and introduced to American markets in 1980 by Europe Craft Imports.[1] Members Only racer jackets were distinguished by their narrow epaulettes and collar strap and their knitted trim; they were manufactured in a wide variety of colors. Their advertising tagline was "when you put it on, something happens".

In the 2010s, Members Only continued to launch seasonal collections carried at online retailers as well as brick and mortar stores such as Urban Outfitters.[3][4]

with that in mind.. someone could of gone abroad and brought the jacket back to America before 1980..
Ok the coin in the UID pocket was 1974 and the Jacket first launched abroad in 1975 but started in the American market in 1980..I am feeling our little man looking now more like Prince in this photo.. notice he has his afro pick in his hand.

I wish there was more information on the shirt the UID had on like if it had a wide collar or thin..that also can give us a closer date.. and if the pants or shirt had any labels that was never mentioned

Attachments

• 30fd289d-dfe5-4277-876b-0c9dd194abdb[1].jpg
    30fd289d-dfe5-4277-876b-0c9dd194abdb[1].jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
this guy has no photo but he is short from long island missing from 1981

Daniel Deaner - New York Missing Person Directory

Last seen alive: May 18, 1981

Circumstances: Last seen after being released from Central Islip Hospital.
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Deaner
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 50
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 64.0
Weight: 170.0
State: New York
County: Suffolk
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: short
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: Upper lip

Found Deaner's Namus page. Missing Person Case

He's been compared to a bunch of unidentified remains from New Jersey and Virginia, some as recent as last year, so it looks like they think he might have been homeless. (Speculation on my part.)
I did not realize they compared him to so many. I don't know if he was homeless wearing a Members Only Jacket i don't believe they were cheap when they came out. Maybe he was never reported missing. Or reported missing someplace else and never taken seriously. or who knows.. again frustrating...

Missing Person Case

I threw him in here even though he was 5'6 because I noticed he had beige pants and brown jacket.. I know the uid says red jacket but it could be rust colored and to some people it could be seen as brown and to others it can be seen as red.

Date of Last Contact January 6, 1974
Missing From Bayshore, New York

Missing Age 56 Years

First Name Nelson
Middle Name R.
Last Name Souza

Sex Male
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 135 lbs

Clothing
Brown Jacket Beige Pants

Four feet eleven inches to five feet one inch isn't enough of a discrepancy to matter. We generally consider +/- two inches to be a match.
oh I just read this...maybe George is our UID? the reconstruction does kind of look like him.

GJordache.jpg
Thumbnail

Last edited:
The pants are listed as 26" inseam, which would fit with being around 5 feet tall, and 27" waist, which would imply he was fairly stocky.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

Two ruleouts: Carlo Pfaff from South Carolina and Jimmy Rogers from Georgia.
I noticed that Carlo was 5'5 but was considered enough to be checked and a ruleout..

ok I came across this guy who is 5'2 missing from White Plains. You take Hutcheson Parkway to the Throgs Neck Bridge then to the Cross Island and on to the Northern state to Plainview.. here is the google maphttps://www.google.com/maps/place/White+Plains,+NY/@40.9256611,-73.7975885,11z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c29422e2a335d9:0x541404101a5bfc6c!8m2!3d41.0339862!4d-73.7629097
.. and I remember dotr posting : "A computer generated reconstruction of the victim shows a high-cheekboned face with dark hair and a slightly dark complexion

A Retired Officer, Haunted by a 30-Year-Old Search

Missing Person Case

Date of Last Contact January 7, 1975
Missing From White Plains, New York
Missing Age 23 Years

First Name Oscar
Middle Name James
Last Name Nedd

Sex Male
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Height 5' 2" (62 Inches)
Weight 140 lbs

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

this is the only photo they have poste and to me it looks like and older school photo

ok last one ..yeah I get ocd at times haha.

I came across this Colombian guy is a little bit taller. BUT what I thought was interesting is how he lived in Jamaica right off The Jackie Robinson which turns into the Grand Central which becomes the Northern State where the UID was found.
I wish there was a photo of the guy.. his age is in the range also. And Jamaica can go with the Queens ties to the watch and the Money Clip. And 1982 def the Members Only Jackets were in the United States.
Another thing that made me think this could be the guy is that in the 1980s cocaine and murder were really big in Queens. I remember it where I grew up. It was everywhere. The articles below mention people being killed in their cars on the Grand Central Pkway.
MURDER OF COUPLE AND INFANTS LEADS TO $10 MILLION IN DRUGS

2 NEW QUEENS KILLINGS TIED TO COLOMBIAN DRUG TRAFFIC

New York Magazine

Lucas Evangel... Cervantes-Zambrano, Male, Hispanic / Latino
Missing Person Case
Circumstances
Date of Last Contact March 1, 1982

Last Known Location Map
Location Jamaica, New York
County Kings County
Circumstances of Disappearance Colombian descent, athletic (thin) build, brown hair and brown eyes, residing in Jamaica New York

SexMale
Race / Ethnicity Hispanic / Latino
Height 5' 6" - 5' 8" (66 - 68 Inches)
Weight 140 - 170 lbs

Last edited:
I did not realize they compared him to so many. I don't know if he was homeless wearing a Members Only Jacket i don't believe they were cheap when they came out. Maybe he was never reported missing. Or reported missing someplace else and never taken seriously. or who knows.. again frustrating...

I meant that they seem to think Deaner became a homeless drifter after he left the hospital; most of the UIDs he was compared to seem to have been homeless when they died. With the jacket and the watch and the cash, I agree our UID wasn't likely to have been homeless.

I came across NELSON ROMAN

Missing since May, 1981 from New York City, New York.
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4 – 5'6"; 145-155 lbs.

The Doe Network: Case File 428DMNY

The photo of graduation reminds me of the reconstruction. and the other photos of him I noticed his frizzy hair that I can totally see him using a hair pick. I grew up in the Manhattan and Queens in the 1970s and 1980s. I know that bellbottoms were still around in 1981 which was the crossing over from the Disco to the more Hip Hop Breakdancing look.. I wish that there would be some information on if they found shoes on this guy.. The shoes could tell a lot if they were the platforms of the 1970s or the Capezios of the early 1980s.. jmo

also came across a FELIX TORRES who went missing in 1977 Last seen on Hazen Street in Queens He is 5'3 and has the hair that could use a hair pick.

https://www.facebook.com/MIssingFelixTorresMorales/
well we can nix Felix off this list.
after years of searching and a facebook page his sister found him buried at Harts Island.. RIP Felix. I had followed this page since the beginning but had not been on it in a long time, until tonight.. RIP Felix.
Felix Torres Morales, August 26, 1955 - March 13, 2004

well we can nix Felix off this list.
after years of searching and a facebook page his sister found him buried at Harts Island.. RIP Felix. I had followed this page since the beginning but had not been on it in a long time, until tonight.. RIP Felix.
Felix Torres Morales, August 26, 1955 - March 13, 2004

I'm glad he's been located but sorry it had to be that way. Condolences to Felix's family and friends.

I wonder if Nelson Roman was ever ruled out for the Member Only Jacket guy

I think our UID was black or biracial. Probably that is why he is not IDd.
We need genetic genealogy here.
Any agency working this case? Do we know where he is buried?

Bumping for the Members Only jacket guy. It’s 20 years this month that he was found but much longer that he has been gone!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back