NY - Police suspect car bomb, evacuate Times Square

Last question...last question...last question...etc.

Presser certainly worth watching, especially The End.

Presser info was comprehensive at the time it was delivered. More info is being reported now on msnbc where I've been tuned. I'm betting that there will be a lot more discovered by morning and in the days ahead.

This Left Coaster is going to bed...relieved that this scare did not develop into yet another tragedy for NYC.

High Fives to all in the city who worked to thwart this effort (whether it was amateur/crude, or not).

Sometimes these creeps use a decoy to put all the attention on one car, while the real activity is going on around the block. I hope they catch the bomber quickly. Prayers going out to all the New Yorkers.

I did see several photos, and was suprised to see gawkers at the police line. I'd want to be as far away as I possibly could. Yikes!!!

Mel

One of our favorite local dive bars is around the corner from that location. I had my phone off yesterday and was floored by the amount of messages I had on my phone today about this.

I noted on the NY1 and a couple of papers they are noting the proximity to Viacom / comedy central and are thinking about the South Park episode. At this point there isn't much to do but be more aware of your surroundings and see what the investigators come up with.

Two female cops patrolling the area noticed a man fumbling with something in the back of a Nissan SUV parked on the southwest corner of 45th St. and Broadway about 7 p.m. The man saw the officers looking and took off running.

The two cops went to the car and saw smoke, clusters of canisters and heard something fizzing, a source said. The quick-acting cops called for backup, and the bomb squad was on the way as the Crossroads of the World was evacuated.

"It looks as if the perp was trying to light it up, and was interrupted by the cops, panicked and took off," a law enforcement source said.

Respectfully snipped by me

This appears to be conflicting information right now. It appears that there was no visual of a suspect running away.

No evidence to support that this is the work of the Taliban

have video fo a white male, looking back at the car, and then shedding a dark colord shirt, And placing it in a bag that he was covering.

M88 fireworks were found, which are legal in PA.

They are searching the car for fingerprints, and hair. Investigators are in the process of combing through hundreds of hours of surveilance video.

have video of suspect vehicle entering location.

They looked for secondary devices at other locations.

Officers were required to work overtime, to ensure NY was safe.

they are not ruling the viacom connection out at this time.

In the gun locker, it looks to be fertilizer more testing is being done.

Gun case weighs 75 pounds, could have been used as shrapnel.

heightened security level in NY. More cops on the ground, more patrols. etc

Two sources claiming responsibilty, One is the Taliban, and the other source was a call that identified a particular individual. No confirmation whether either source was responisble, however they do not have evidence on either.

This one individual may be in a town in PA. Which would tie the pittsburg bomb in with this one in NY

The story above with the two female officers is INCORRECT. They have no human eyes on the suspect, and are asking the public to look over there photo's or videos and call things in.

They cannot say whether this was a domestic or international group/individual.

They are saying that all material that was in the vehicle, can be aquired locally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back