NY - Psycho made human soup, 1989

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by deelytful1, Aug 21, 2011.

1. deelytful1

deelytful1 *~a mere mortal~*

I remember this like it was yesterday, I was a teen and the story scared the he77 out of me because back then i never realized humans could be so evil. he looked evil and sounded evil.
    NOW look, He got off on an insanity deal and may be getting out next year. wonder if he really fed the soup to his homeless friends :(

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...ones_in_a_bucket_murder_of_monika_beerle.html

Neighbors said his hobby was cooking big pots of chicken and potatoes, which he'd take to the park and feed to his homeless buddies.

What became of the contents of that pot was the subject of grisly speculation, and urban legend. An acquaintance said that shortly after the killing, Rakowitz made the stomach-churning boast that he had made a soup of her head, and "it tasted pretty good."

2. Loading...

3. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

I remember this too.

Off topic I googled her name. There are some very odd people on the internet...JMHO

4. dizzychick

dizzychick Active Member

wild story and I never heard of this one.!

5. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Man, I am so off kilter. At first glance of the thread heading I thought "Gary Heidnik". Couldn't be because he was executed.

O.K. here's a warning. When you meet a guy with a rooster on his shoulder and carrying a copy of Mein Kampf around ya just may want to scram.

Poor Miss Beerle. What a beautiful girl. No doubt talented as well. Her family must be reeling with this news. What's to bet he goes back to his home base of texas?

Crazy a*s people in this here world. He needs to stay locked up. If he did indeed feed his "soup" to his friends probably more than half of them are dead anyway and who ever made it out alive will hopefully not see this.

6. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

7. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

A bit O/T, but does anybody know if FB pages can be started to discuss convicted criminals? What a way to alert past victims and share information. That was a very informative and actually quite respectful page.

I will hereby promise to follow your advice Filly. Does a budgie on a girl's shoulder count, though? In case you didn't notice, I'm reading and posting.

Back to Rakowitz, why was the friend who walked in on him, not ever charged?

8. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

9. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

Nope I missed that one filly! Thanks for posting. This was a blog and then a website that had "wanted posters" of murder victims and their murderers and it only asked if which one you had sympathy for...odd and I won't link here because it was just a shade beyond the pale for me IYKWIM. Strange.

10. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

So this guy is too insane to be tried for murder, but they're letting him out in public?!?

11. UdbCrzy2

UdbCrzy2 New Member

That sounds crazy to me too, but it happens. Usually they are released from the mental hospital because they are now 'well'.

Yikes, you never know who your neighbors really are, seriously.

12. kline

kline New Member

I work in a mental hospital."Well" enough for discharge is a relative term believe me.