NY NY - Queens, BlkMale, UP8201, 20-40, April '90

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by booghawk, Mar 15, 2019.

1. booghawk

booghawk Well-Known Member

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8201

Male, Black / African American

Date Found April 7, 1990

Location Found Queens, New York

ME/C Case Number Q90-02297

Sex Male

Race / Ethnicity Black / African

Estimated Age Range (Years) 20-40

Estimated Year of Death 1990

Estimated PMI Hours

Height 5' 7"(67 inches) , Measured

Weight 131 lbs, Measured

Location Found Map Street Address 98-16 55th Avenue, Queens, New York, Queens County

Circumstances of Recovery

Unknown black male found bound, in garbage bags, across from 98-16 55th Avenue.

Distinctive Physical Features

Scar/mark 1.5" scar on left lower abdomen, small scar on left forearm, .75" scar on mid right arm, .5" scar on back of left hand, .5" scar on right 5th finger, 2.5" scar on lower right thigh

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing gray/navy pants, belt labeled "TFW", gray black and white checkered socks, navy blue "Nike" jogging pants with two red stripes down side, red "Spalding" underwear, white "Puma" shirt with design on front, white long sleeved "Girbaud" shirt On the Body Footwear black and brown shoes On the Body Jewelry green, black, red, and yellow beaded necklace On the Body.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attached Files:

2. booghawk

Didn't see this doe anywhere on here and I came across an MP that I felt closely resembled him.

The height and weight are off, but I felt that facially they looked so similar that I needed to make note.

Marvin Cornell Gibbs has been missing from New York since 1985. It's also worth noting that Marvin is of Jamaican descent and the UID was found wearing a beaded necklace with Jamaican colors. (Despite the description saying only red yellow and black beads, you can clearly see the green in the post mortem photo.)

Marvin Cornell Gibbs – The Charley Project

Attached Files:

3. booghawk

Just noting that I submitted him to the Fallsburg police department yesterday, where Marvin is missing from.

GJKJR and houndpounder like this.
  4. GJKJR

GJKJR Active Member

They look pretty similar, but apparently Marvin has a scar on his forehead that isn't seen in the PM, which makes me personally think it isn't him. Marvin's height, if it was on the lower range, would make sense, 2" errors are pretty common AFAIK, weight is concerning though.

5. booghawk

If it is him, he went missing at 19 and would've been 24 at the time of death which could account for height variations, etc. Weight can also change drastically in that amount of time. Unfortunately we can't see the scar on Marvin so there's no way to know how obvious it was or if it could have faded with time. Who knows, but I felt it was worth submitting! I will update if I hear back from anyone.

GJKJR and houndpounder like this.
  6. GJKJR

GJKJR Active Member

Good points, with the amount of time the height and weight variations would make sense, and the scar could have been small or faded which could explain why it isn't on the PM photo (as well as the fact that the PM photo we have isn't the best quality so we can't really see some of the finer features).

7. booghawk

Unfortunately the sheriff's department got back to me quite quickly and whoever responded apparently went to highschool with Marvin and said he had very dark skin. I'm assuming that means they are not going to look into any further.