NY NY - Raymond Locascio, 62, Monroe, 8 July 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by OkieGranny, Jul 12, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2014/07/12/man-missing-car-found-in-harriman-state-park/

http://westchester.news12.com/news/...-who-has-been-missing-since-tuesday-1.8770929

2. Loading...

3. OkieGranny

4. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

This case hasn't gotten much publicity-I wonder why?

5. OkieGranny

6. Londonrraine

Londonrraine Active Member

http://nypost.com/2014/07/16/cops-search-for-missing-bank-courier/

"An upstate New York bank courier who was in severe debt disappeared last week after he had a brief phone conversation with his wife, sources familiar with the case told The Post.

The source added that Locascio’s house was in foreclosure and he owed money to the bank and possibly other individuals."

LE is ruling out foul play?
    I wouldn't jump to that so quickly. Any other news on Raymond, anyone?

7. CentralSquareS

CentralSquareS New Member

His house was auctioned last year, according to a real estate notice. He may have been in severe debt because of a lawsuit brought against him many years ago, in which he was accused of sexually harassing his employees.

But this is a strange set of circumstances for other reasons. Raymond is not a hiker. He disappeared from a remote parking area that is used for two different purposes: hiking the Long Path, and gay "cruising".

This parking lot is known to cruisers, and is listed on several cruising sites online. There is even a method described for how to use this site: park by backing in to the spot, and walk the trail down to the woods, where you will be followed.

The last report said that the police were investigating whether he took his own life in the lake, because sniffer dogs followed his scent to close to the lake, where it ended. But there doesn't seem to be any follow up to that. Was the lake searched? Did police immediately rule out the possibility of Raymond walking to the lake, and returning on the same trail? He left for work at 2 pm. There would be hikers on that lake any time of day, who would most likely notice a man drowning in the water.

It is strange how there has been nothing in the news about this case. There has been nothing posted anywhere on the gay cruising sites, asking for information about possible sightings. He was a bank courier.

8. CentralSquareS

CentralSquareS New Member

So new information has been added to the facts of this disappearance, and I wonder if they have ruled out suicide.

Police say he may have been seen in the picnic area at Silvermine (also in Harriman State Park). This is also one of Harriman's five or so cruising spots.

I hope this doesn't come across as accusing or judgemental, but as both of the areas identified as places where Locascio was last connected to are also popular cruising spots, I also hope that they are figuring into the investigation.

Also, I wish the family had set up a facebook "missing" page for Raymond. Harriman State Park is very popular. Almost every place in the park with trails and an adjacent parking area is full in the summer, particularly on weekends. I am sure volunteers would have helped search (volunteer rescue dogs already helped out earlier in the investigation).

9. sherlockandwatson

sherlockandwatson New Member

10. OkieGranny

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140807/NEWS/140809784

11. OkieGranny

Still missing.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/08...ning-searches-for-missing-father-and-husband/

12. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Sad to say, but I do believe this man took his own life because he felt the intense pressure of not being able to pay for his daughter's wedding. I think it could have been the straw with all his other troubles mounting up.

He went to try on the tuxedo and maybe the very act made it feel even more that he failed his daughter. To know he couldn't contribute must have been excruciating for him. No father wants his little girl to feel let down especially on her wedding day. She said he picked out the song for their dance which was another highly emotional charge for him.

I hope they do find him soon and she can go on with her plans to start a happy life in spite of what has transpired. Her new husband needs to be the rock to give her strength and he will begin their life together as the one she will lean on.

13. michmi

michmi New Member

I'm only just reading this today and I didn't see a thread for him. Briefly, he was driving to work after having a tuxedo fitting for daughter's upcoming wedding and never made it to work. Car found 2 days later off road in Woodbury near hiking trails at Bear Mountain.

He is diabetic. There are financial problems and house in foreclosure. He was not paying for the wedding, however.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-bride-to-be-postpones-wedding-plans-to-search-for-missing-dad/

ETA: I just noticed I spelled his last name wrong and there is a thread, I'll get a mod to delete, sorry

14. OkieGranny

Nothing, still.

http://7online.com/news/father-mysteriously-goes-missing-car-found-in-state-park/315199/