Found Deceased NY - Robert Byrnes, 48, Active Yonkers Police Sergeant, Danger to Self?, 15 Feb 2021

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Yonkers police are asking the public to help locate Robert Byrnes, a 48-year-old city police sergeant who went missing on Monday.

Byrnes has been experiencing recent health problems and may be a danger to himself, city police said in a statement. He was last seen within the city of Yonkers, but may currently be in the area of Far Rockaway Beach, Queens.

a5aa5d0a-672d-4fd4-9745-9e1deb80ee0a-Missing_Yonkers_police_sergeant.jpg

According to police, he was last seen wearing a grey sweatshirt, a brown winter Carhartt-style coat, a brown and white wool hat and khaki cargo pants. Byrnes is 5-foot-8 and 140 pounds with light brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information about his current whereabouts is asked to contact the Yonkers Police Department at 914-377-7900 and reference case number 21019298.
Yonkers police sergeant Robert Byrnes is missing, may be in Queens
upload_2021-2-17_7-36-27.jpeg
Alert Issued For Missing Yonkers Police Sergeant

Last edited:
This unidentified looks identical to Robert Byrnes. I showed my friend and she thought the same.

WARNING POSTMORTEM ON LINK BELOW

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP79387Male,
White / Caucasian

Date Body Found
March 13, 2021

Location Found
New York, New York

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Wow, good find! I definitely see the similarities. I did notice the weight and eye color were different between the NAMUS profile and the missing person listings, but not sure how often this is the case - I’m thinking it’s not uncommon.

I did find some interesting comments from Sergeant Byrnes’ family at the YPD FB post re: his state of mind and their thoughts on why he went missing. Sounds like a very sad situation all around. Yonkers Police Department

This unidentified looks identical to Robert Byrnes. I showed my friend and she thought the same.

WARNING POSTMORTEM ON LINK BELOW

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP79387Male,
White / Caucasian

Date Body Found
March 13, 2021

Location Found
New York, New York

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I assume this UID has been ruled out for Robert by now? The UID's NamUs page was recently updated with a photo of a tattoo. I don't see a mention of Robert having any tattoos.

Sadly, came across this article about Robert Byrnes. RIP Robert :(

No details given in article on COD or when or where he was located just date of death given as May 24, 2021

Yonkers police Sgt. Robert Byrnes wake, funeral set

Robert Byrnes Obituary - Yonkers, New York , Farenga Brothers Funeral Home | Tribute Archive

Reporting this post to alert mods that he was located and to edit this post in case obit not allowed

Thank you for the updated info. Oh this is sad.. may he Rest In Peace .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back